Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some Local Street Racing(Seattle)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Some Local Street Racing(Seattle)

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vlyNtvxMTc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sigh my local racing scene... So you all can feel lucky. Oh and 7:06 mustang makes a showing

Your just gonna want to skip to that. Don't mind the four ******* minutes of pathetic donuts
Old 12-11-2016, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Holy slow ricers everywhere !
Old 12-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Yeahhh its fun until you run once and nobody will race you lol. Everyonce in a while someone will bring out something fast like a gtr or 2jz swap.........and not freaking race it
Old 12-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Omg cole I'd rather poke my eyes with stick pins andlemon juice then watch this in person. Dammit I'm so sorry for you guys up there.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Its funny until you realize how serious some guys take their 15 second cars.... One guy pulled a gun over a race -_- nothing happened and hes gone but jesus man chill. Only thing to find around here is old ladies in corvettes and 5.0s.

I have one friend who bought a procharged 97gt. Previous Owner 10.9 1/4 mile, stock 4.6 block, 12psi, manual, full interior and built rear end..... and its somehow broken everytime we can race (I'm not seeing the 10.9 on stock internals...)
Old 12-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Yup this why when my ex partner wanted me to move to Lynwood last year I happily declined. I'll stay here where it's street racing capital and little rice action.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'm going to school for Mech engineering and I'm hoping to move somewhere with a better season for racing when I'm out of school (Perfect world would be to combine racing and engineering but not to likely)
Old 12-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, at least people are racing. That is cool but where the hell is all the American stuff? Is it mostly imports?
Old 12-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cole Curtis
Yeahhh its fun until you run once and nobody will race you lol. Everyonce in a while someone will bring out something fast like a gtr or 2jz swap.........and not freaking race it
That's because your "Race Spot" is total and complete garbage. You put a set of big power cars on that dirty, unprepped narrow azz street and people are gonna die. There is SOOOO many areas you guys could race, why would you pick there?
Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Well, at least people are racing. That is cool but where the hell is all the American stuff? Is it mostly imports?
The fast stuff doesn't hang out with the Lynnwood, Marysville, nor Puyallop ricer crowds. They have there own get togethers and you have to be invited in. And they race on highways/freeways/back country roads. If you are a teenager, or act like a teenager you will not get invited. Those fast cars Curtis mentions that show up occasionally but usually dont race? That's them, looking for new talent to invite to the scene. If you enjoy your teen/import scene that you are showing in your video here then honestly I'd stay with them: The fast group is much more serious about it and you will probably think they are all a bunch of dicks. Cuz we are.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
That's because your "Race Spot" is total and complete garbage. You put a set of big power cars on that dirty, unprepped narrow azz street and people are gonna die. There is SOOOO many areas you guys could race, why would you pick there?

Ok just to clarify absolutely none of this is me or any type of planning involving me or anything like that. I've been to Kent street race three times never even raced anybody. I posted it cause I find the local ricer scene around here to be hilarious and ridicilous. Also hating on ricers is a nice change of pace from the 6th gen vs bro arguments lol.

The fast stuff doesn't hang out with the Lynnwood, Marysville, nor Puyallop ricer crowds. They have there own get togethers and you have to be invited in. And they race on highways/freeways/back country roads. If you are a teenager, or act like a teenager you will not get invited. Those fast cars Curtis mentions that show up occasionally but usually dont race? That's them, looking for new talent to invite to the scene. If you enjoy your teen/import scene that you are showing in your video here then honestly I'd stay with them: The fast group is much more serious about it and you will probably think they are all a bunch of dicks. Cuz we are.
^I agree with all of that haha. Other than the saying your import scene....cause not my scene. And I mean a lot of the "fast" cars that show up at these scenes are daddy's money asian kids. Which nothing wrong with that I wish my dad could have bought me a fast car, but I'll keep building my own car

Personally me and my buddies just compete amongst ourselves(probably like you dicks). I'm actually over in Spokane for school during fall and spring so we usually go to Idaho for long straight non populated roads. And go out towards the Olympic Peninsula during the summer.

Hmm if your fast guys tend to recruit maybe I should start racing with them ricers to get noticed by your fast group haha....

Last edited by Cole Curtis; 12-12-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Most of the guys who go to these street races are more into the "scene" I think. I've taken my camaro there once and got one race against my own friends wrx and we were at that night by far the fastest car and I'm just a h/c 5.3l with some nitrous and a 6 speed.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

weird im from the area and i use to meet up all the time with tons of people in tacoma that use to race at like 2-3am in the morning....anything from twin turbo ctsv's to vettes to goats etc.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Huh I maybe I'm just unlucky enough to only ever run across ricers in T town. Only thing I usually see is the below average meets at krispy kreme haha. I was more of just making fun of the huge amount of ricers around here then saying there aren't actual fast cars
Old 12-13-2016, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slickgoat05
weird im from the area and i use to meet up all the time with tons of people in tacoma that use to race at like 2-3am in the morning....anything from twin turbo ctsv's to vettes to goats etc.
no he was racing some of the guys I was referring to. Few of them are soldiers on Fort Lewis just south of Tacoma - which is probably what you were doing there right Slickgoat05?
Old 12-15-2016, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

yup your correct
Old 12-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm well glad to see there are some people on srk from the pnw. If you all are ever interested in some friendly runs and a beer let me know
Old 12-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm well glad to see there are some people on srk from the pnw. If you all are ever interested in some friendly runs and a beer let me know
there is probably a half dozen PNW'ers on here regularly, and another dozen that lurk around every once in awhile. They mostly meet up via facebook and other app crap which I don't use. I was only a very fringe player with them as I preferred daytime runs out in farm country around the city of Snohomish.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sigh my local racing scene... So you all can feel lucky.
LOL. You clearly don't know the right people. Although I don't run on the streets anymore because I have kids, I know the fast group that does. A few times a year they organize track rental events that I attend. Slow cars run low 12s. Most run 11s. 10s are common. You have to be in the low 9s to be near the top. Quickest is in the low 8s working on 7s. They're on Facebook...
Old 12-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Some Local Street Racing(Seattle)-img_0270.jpg
Some Local Street Racing(Seattle)-img_0271.jpg
Ya "most" of the racing that goes on in thurston/king county is ricers.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Haha 70camaro I think that my point still stands when the majority of racing around here is that shown in video. One group running around doesn't change that. I've only made 12s but never claimed my car was that fast(hopefully some nos and tires coming soon for christmas) And I feel like that is pretty common with most serious racers for the times. I'm not saying there aren't any slow cars around here just saying its far less prevalent compared to elsewhere and you can't just roam around and find races.

Quick Reply: Some Local Street Racing(Seattle)