Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6g vs lbo br0 (neither my car) good race

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 06:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I have my dynosheet. No more midrange gain than peak. It picks up the 6rwhp about 4500rpm and carries to 6500 where it drops off.
Same day dyno? From what I've seen on the coyote forms what I saw on mine is pretty typical of what coyotes see as well. Good midrange ehhh top end, you can bring in more timing at peak torque where cylinder pressure is the highest (most likely to detonate) which makes the power
Old 02-03-2017, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I thought E85 made a worthwhile difference on my car before. Thats why I always just ran e85 in it when I drove 2hrs to the 1/4 mile track. I have not run the car on 93... I figured why do it when it can run e85 with the tune. Latest dyno disproves my particular car gaining much at all on it. Perhaps its how my tune is.. I don't know.

Didn't have problems before. Mod4Mod Pray is the only one I would have issues with. And he is pretty much the Ranger of the 6gens right now. Take a look at the fastlist. I am not worried. In general the 6gens seem to be turning out to be a performance flop. Let's throw boost on both and watch the 6gen get the gap band.

So far your down to 5/6 gens. Seems like it's been a little issue. Certainly not the clean sweep you seem to think. So far you've only been running against stock 6gens and a untuned 5gen. Which was our own fault .....and struggling.

Its hard for to say you've had no problems when your modded car is not mod4mod vs 6gens. Pray is the only one so far that has been adressing the tm in those cars......I'm sure you know about tm after the hours of logging and tuning you've had done.

Boost is a great excuse when your engine can't breathe enough on its own.
According to my dyno, you are wrong. 6rwhp from mid range to peak would not make a difference. Maybe my 93 side of the tune is hotter and the E85 side not hot enough. I don't know. I can say I was disappointed.. thought E85 would have made more on my car. I specifically did the dynos to see. Both sets of pulls were hot off the road. No cooldown. I drove to the dyno on 93octane, pulled on.. cooldown time was time it took to strap the car and hook up lead. Did 3 pulls... car was below 1/8th tank... I put some e85 I had in my 5gallon jug in the car and drove 30mins to the e85 station.... filled the car up, and let it learn the e content on the drive back. Pulled back up to the dyno hot, strapped it on and did the E85 pulls.
All you gotta do is post up the sheets man.
BTW as yall can attest to... I have ALWAYS stated my car did not FEEL much stronger at all on E85 vs 93... everyone here can vouch for me always saying that from the beginning.
Seems to me you thought it did something or ypu woulda said eff it.
Originally Posted by Nick.H
Poppa is right that He's been consistent about his e85 gains
Poppa been errywhere. Even struggling to admit his defeats.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 02-03-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redbird555
Same day dyno? From what I've seen on the coyote forms what I saw on mine is pretty typical of what coyotes see as well. Good midrange ehhh top end, you can bring in more timing at peak torque where cylinder pressure is the highest (most likely to detonate) which makes the power
Phil did better in the midrange also. Which is where I've always said the gains were.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

@Poppacapp, the flex fuel tunes on coyotes have always had a timing issue. Read this post from the man himself, I am sure you have heard of AED tuning: https://www.svtperformance.com/forum...yotes.1097907/

Ford did not complete the flex fuel tables, thus on a flex fuel tune, E85 timing will be the same timing as the pump gas timing. The only advantage you will have over pump gas on a flex fuel tune while running E85 is the prevention of knock retard.

The only way to actually get E85 timing is to have a separate E85 tune that you can load after you have run enough E85 through. When I had my coyote, if I had to switch to gas and back to E85, I would have to run the flex fuel tune until I could run enough E85 through to clear the gas tank. Then, I would have to do a KAM reset and then load the dedicated E85 (race) tune in to get my timing up to 31 degrees.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate that the gen 6 Camaro is such a bust. Performance has basically been brought up since the 90s...
Old 02-03-2017, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Speaking of AED, Shaun took his personal automatic 2016 Mustang GT this last Saturday to a 10.74 @ 126 all motor. According to his thread, the car as 3.31 gears (trap RPM was 7800 in 3rd), FBO, converter, and the illustrious "etc..."

Thread: https://www.svtperformance.com/forum...motor.1132263/

Video of the run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpfIP2CMyM

Last edited by AWPer; 02-03-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Makes me laugh about poppa's actual e85 dyno gains because I've told him he has overstated them for a long time in guessing
Old 02-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

I still stand on my personal observations and opinions and that's all they are (opinions). Dyno numbers don't mean jack **** to me, Real street performance (and track too) is what speaks the truth. Maybe the br0's only gain 5-6 hp and torque but it most certainly makes a difference between a w and an l (in my cases). Is there a br0 out there on 93 lbo that will take a proper driven stock 6g? I'm sure there is but it is not the norm. I lost count on the 93 tune and lbo 93 tuned br0's I ran and won stock. Yes the E regardless of gains is what makes or brakes the br0 when lbo vs a stock 6g. I've ran 3 different e85 tuned lbo bro's and outcome was almost always the same (close but the br0 definitely has the edge) and won 5 out of 6 runs (all runs combined).

With that said I still like both cars and think both has advantages. If a gun were put to my head and I had to take either one I wouldn't really cry about driving either car. I'd mod it and enjoy. I wish I were closer to poppa when my car was stock to run him for ***** and grins to see where we would fare but that's old news now. Another one of my buddys just bought my cars twin tbh (2017 50th anniv manual 6g with sunroof nav etc) and he's in Mississippi I wanna half *** borrow his and maybe make the drive to poppa lol. My buddy can't drive for **** and is scared of speed, He literally bought the car because of seeing mine and he wants it just to go to a parking lot and do "burn outs" smfh.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

btw when I say won 5 out of 6 I mean the stang won 5 and I won 1 to be clear.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbird555
Yes, same day. Pulled up to dyno,with about 1/8th tank of 93. Did the pulls hot... pulled off drove to e85 station 30mins away.. topped tank off, drove back pulled on dyno hot and did the e85 pulls. 93 vs e85 pulls were about 1hr 20mins apart

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So far your down to 5/6 gens. Seems like it's been a little issue. Certainly not the clean sweep you seem to think. So far you've only been running against stock 6gens and a untuned 5gen. Which was our own fault .....and struggling.

But I am not down. Your opinion holds no weight man.

Its hard for to say you've had no problems when your modded car is not mod4mod vs 6gens. Pray is the only one so far that has been adressing the tm in those cars......I'm sure you know about tm after the hours of logging and tuning you've had done.

Boost is a great excuse when your engine can't breathe enough on its own.

Boost is not an excuse. I do not care about NA. You do. Again, your opinion is invalid. Boost will have you are your crew scambling to figure out how to beat me. Hint hint.... you all won't do it NA

All you gotta do is post up the sheets man.

My dynosheets are none of your business.

Seems to me you thought it did something or ypu woulda said eff it.

I ran it because I COULD. Even if it was 5-10hp... it is what it is. Gains are for sure not what you preached

Poppa been errywhere. Even struggling to admit his defeats.

If I have defeats it's because I am actually out there running my car vs running my mouth.. like yourself.
Douggie reaching as usual
Old 02-04-2017, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AWPer
@Poppacapp, the flex fuel tunes on coyotes have always had a timing issue. Read this post from the man himself, I am sure you have heard of AED tuning: https://www.svtperformance.com/forum...yotes.1097907/

Ford did not complete the flex fuel tables, thus on a flex fuel tune, E85 timing will be the same timing as the pump gas timing. The only advantage you will have over pump gas on a flex fuel tune while running E85 is the prevention of knock retard.

The only way to actually get E85 timing is to have a separate E85 tune that you can load after you have run enough E85 through. When I had my coyote, if I had to switch to gas and back to E85, I would have to run the flex fuel tune until I could run enough E85 through to clear the gas tank. Then, I would have to do a KAM reset and then load the dedicated E85 (race) tune in to get my timing up to 31 degrees.
I am getting my timing on flex. I get right at 26 degrees advance with 93, and 30-31 on e85

Originally Posted by 95Prplppletrz28
I hate that the gen 6 Camaro is such a bust. Performance has basically been brought up since the 90s...
6gens good cars. We just like to argue here... so we argue about anything we can.

Originally Posted by AWPer
Speaking of AED, Shaun took his personal automatic 2016 Mustang GT this last Saturday to a 10.74 @ 126 all motor. According to his thread, the car as 3.31 gears (trap RPM was 7800 in 3rd), FBO, converter, and the illustrious "etc..."

Thread: https://www.svtperformance.com/forum...motor.1132263/

Video of the run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpfIP2CMyM

That run has intake cams too.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Makes me laugh about poppa's actual e85 dyno gains because I've told him he has overstated them for a long time in guessing
Meh.. I thought it might be a little more... but proved me wrong on the dyno
Old 02-05-2017, 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

Yes, same day. Pulled up to dyno,with about 1/8th tank of 93. Did the pulls hot... pulled off drove to e85 station 30mins away.. topped tank off, drove back pulled on dyno hot and did the e85 pulls. 93 vs e85 pulls were about 1hr 20mins apart

Douggie reaching as usual
Not reaching at all. You're in denial of the troofs. You're bragging about your modded 5br0 having close runs winning some and losing some to STOCK 6gens and a untuned 5gen. You act like you've won them all.....but you haven't.

Then go on to say e85 does nothing but you'll run it if you want to.........lol.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

No Br0 has ever said e85 does nothing.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

Not reaching at all. You're in denial of the troofs. You're bragging about your modded 5br0 having close runs winning some and losing some to STOCK 6gens and a untuned 5gen. You act like you've won them all.....but you haven't.

Then go on to say e85 does nothing but you'll run it if you want to.........lol.
I haven't lost to a 6gen yet that I have raced yet.

I am not claiming E85 does nothing... I am simply claiming what my dynosheet for MY car showed on the SAME DAY.

You seem to downplay Phil's car as much as you claim I downplay E85. We all know you MOA... there is more to Phil's car that is not being told... considering it would be the record holder for "bolt on" 5th gens. Phil good people.. but you are shady as ****. You always down br0s for cutting weight in their cars to run 10s, yet that's the first thing your crew runs to to make your cars fast. Don't hate... it just makes my game stronger
Old 02-05-2017, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

We've told you everything done to phils cars. Right down to the stock tune when you guys ran.

As far as losing to the stock 6gen......well. one more time i suppose.

Beginning of race 3

End of race

Beginning of race 4

End

Beginning of race 5

End

Now...you lost all 3 of those. Proof is there. Stop being a lying *****.

I down br0s for cutying weight because of dumbasses like you that think they don't have weight reduction when they do.

Lol @ you saying I'm shady.

Here's my dyno sheet.

Now where's yours? The shady one won't show it, his mods....or his slips. You've already not once in this thread....lmao.

You can't be this stupid.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 02-05-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

We've told you everything done to phils cars. Right down to the stock tune when you guys ran.

As far as losing to the stock 6gen......well. one more time i suppose.

Beginning of race 3

End of race

Beginning of race 4

End

Beginning of race 5

End

Now...you lost all 3 of those. Proof is there. Stop being a lying *****.

I down br0s for cutying weight because of dumbasses like you that think they don't have weight reduction when they do.

Lol @ you saying I'm shady.

Here's my dyno sheet.

Now where's yours? The shady one won't show it, his mods....or his slips. You've already not once in this thread....lmao.

You can't be this stupid.
Not a single run that day that was run completely out was I behind. Keep living in your fantasy world.

As far as your slip... 3200lb raceweight as you claim and 417rwhp does not equal 131mph traps. So yeah... you shady. At least the rest of us are out running our cars instead of sitting around masturbating to what other people are running and doing to their cars. You are nothing but a troll, and hater.

Again.. what my car runs, what my car does, anything about my car... is none of your business. Got it? Any info you get will be because I CHOOSE to share it. You opinion means nothing to me.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Poppa still living in Hio's mind. Rent free of course
Old 02-05-2017, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Never seen so much angst over a high 11sec br0
Old 02-05-2017, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

Not a single run that day that was run completely out was I behind. Keep living in your fantasy world.

As far as your slip... 3200lb raceweight as you claim and 417rwhp does not equal 131mph traps. So yeah... you shady. At least the rest of us are out running our cars instead of sitting around masturbating to what other people are running and doing to their cars. You are nothing but a troll, and hater.

Again.. what my car runs, what my car does, anything about my car... is none of your business. Got it? Any info you get will be because I CHOOSE to share it. You opinion means nothing to me.
So ....no slips...no dyno....no mods......but erryone shady but you. You really are that stupid. No surprise tho.

Notice in the screen shots that yes you were behind.....lmao

Notice that from the beginning to the end of the race you lost ground. These are troofs that cannot be argued. These are not opinions.

Uuuhhh....you're the furd dude on a ls site........troll.

God you really are stupid.

As far as out racing.....if i were you can guarantee i wouldn't waste my time with any stock furd. But you seem to have close races with stock gm stuff.

Btw...i was 3250 last time out. So if you are that into rounding if it's a 5 you round up. Below a 5 you round down. Or if you don't want to be shady you just say wtf it is and be done stupid.
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Poppa still living in Hio's mind. Rent free of course
Lol....i wouldn't **** on poppacry if he was on fire.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hio is triggered.

Forever choosing his own beginnings and ends to each of Poppa's races when screenshotting them lmao.

Quick Reply: 6g vs lbo br0 (neither my car) good race