Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam-Only LS Iroc vs FBO 5.bro and GT350

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
It went 12.4s. Before you laugh there was only one na bro faster than it and it was gutted out running low 12s. But it was hot here in Florida. 10.9 123 was best for me that day.
That is poopy slow.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Well the GT350R is 1.71 sec. faster than the Z28 at Laguna. But the Z28 is only a 0.88 sec faster than the GT350. Should I even bring up the Ring, GT350R 5.28 sec. faster than the Z28.

Good that you know the Z28 is a bigger flop. I mean $75k compared to $48K and $61k. Yeah it better be a little faster than the regular GT350. Shoot, it should be hands down faster than the GT350R, but its not.
R6 with Troof bomb smackdown. However, brand bias knows no limits.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
That is poopy slow.

R6 with Troof bomb smackdown. However, brand bias knows no limits.
Well he has the whole "10 year old design" thing to grasp onto, but that has nothing to do with which one is the bigger flop. You're right, brand bias avoids the point when caught in a corner.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I don't know on motortrend's video they sure seemed to like the cheaper 350R much more.
I can see that...latest greatest stuff and all. Fact is they never tested the gt350 against the z28. You know direct comparison of 2 cars with 4 seats.
Well the GT350R is 1.71 sec. faster than the Z28 at Laguna. But the Z28 is only a 0.88 sec faster than the GT350. Should I even bring up the Ring, GT350R 5.28 sec. faster than the Z28.

Good that you know the Z28 is a bigger flop. I mean $75k compared to $48K and $61k. Yeah it better be a little faster than the regular GT350. Shoot, it should be hands down faster than the GT350R, but its not.
And the z28 beat the gt350r at vir. And i already said it could be back and forth. Not necessarily a big accomplishment for furd other than running with a 10yr old chassis and motor seems pretty good.

From what i have seen either of the gt350s can't be bought for sticker price so that argument holds no water. And if you really want to talk a price point here actual purchase price is what most deal with. The z28 could be had for in the 50s. So z28 wins again even on point. Nice job dumbass.

As far as laguna laptimes. The 6gen 1le beat that z28 at laguna to.......but not at vir. That leads me to believe there is some sort of performance discrepancy there. Of course that's only how someone with a fair mind eould think. Everybody knows the cars brought to lightning lap event is top notch and fresh.....not so much on random tests.
Well he has the whole "10 year old design" thing to grasp onto, but that has nothing to do with which one is the bigger flop. You're right, brand bias avoids the point when caught in a corner.
Looks as tho you're brand bias with your lame arguments. Just like above you brought up the "ring" but failed to mention the rain the z28 was running in. If you were fair you would have mentioned that.....but you didn't. So you are the joke i think you are.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I can see that...latest greatest stuff and all. Fact is they never tested the gt350 against the z28. You know direct comparison of 2 cars with 4 seats.

And the z28 beat the gt350r at vir. And i already said it could be back and forth. Not necessarily a big accomplishment for furd other than running with a 10yr old chassis and motor seems pretty good.

From what i have seen either of the gt350s can't be bought for sticker price so that argument holds no water. And if you really want to talk a price point here actual purchase price is what most deal with. The z28 could be had for in the 50s. So z28 wins again even on point. Nice job dumbass.

As far as laguna laptimes. The 6gen 1le beat that z28 at laguna to.......but not at vir. That leads me to believe there is some sort of performance discrepancy there. Of course that's only how someone with a fair mind eould think. Everybody knows the cars brought to lightning lap event is top notch and fresh.....not so much on random tests.

Looks as tho you're brand bias with your lame arguments. Just like above you brought up the "ring" but failed to mention the rain the z28 was running in. If you were fair you would have mentioned that.....but you didn't. So you are the joke i think you are.
The fact that you can't comprehend that the Z28 is a flop as well, shows who the real dumbass is, since you lean to act like a child like that.

Also, Z28's needing to be let go for in the 50s (appr. 20k less then msrp), just adds to how much more of a flop they were, dumbass.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 02-15-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

It is impossible to be more biased than Hio.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

The fact that you can't comprehend that the Z28 is a flop as well, shows who the real dumbass is, since you lean to act like a child like that.

Also, Z28's needing to be let go for in the 50s (appr. 20k less then msrp), just adds to how much more of a flop they were, dumbass.
How is a car flop that waxed furds *** on anything they ever made? Does this mean everything furd ever made was floppier? It sure seems like you're saying that.

Lots of cars get price cuts at the end of the cycle. No surprise there. Z28 was a overpriced in the beginning. Not the first car to see a price adjustment. The fact that YOU brought up price then i made you look like a idiot on it is ******* funny

Please answer directly on the furd floppy questions. Seems you are a bit one sided so i gotta hear this.
Originally Posted by sw07gt
It is impossible to be more biased than Hio.
Your comprehension needs attention.

The fact that r6 brought up ring times but failed to mention the rain. He probably overlooked info like the z28 had been like a 7:31 around the ring in better conditions also. Which would be perfectly believable considering the circumstances. Which would in turn make it faster there than the gt350r. So far the old z28 has 2w on 3 comparisons

For the record i like the gt350s. But i look at things for what are. And althpugh they have great performance. .......it's nothing ground breaking.

There is little doubt the 6gen z28 will wax the gt350r to which it should be compared. The boss would be more comparable on a yr to yr basis to the z28. But the boss got waxed by 5gen 1le.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

How is a car flop that waxed furds *** on anything they ever made? Does this mean everything furd ever made was floppier? It sure seems like you're saying that.

Lots of cars get price cuts at the end of the cycle. No surprise there. Z28 was a overpriced in the beginning. Not the first car to see a price adjustment. The fact that YOU brought up price then i made you look like a idiot on it is ******* funny

Please answer directly on the furd floppy questions. Seems you are a bit one sided so i gotta hear this.
First off, I didn't consider either car a flop, that was you. I only questioned you that if the 350's are considered a flop, wouldn't the Z28 be considered that as well.
How does the car flop when its just as fast as the Z28, but its msrp was far less? Looking at the cars' performance per price point (I originally meant msrp), the GT350R seem to be a little better than the Z28, despite the year gap. So if the 350s are considered a flop, I'd imagine the Z28 would have been as well. IMHO, I wouldn't call either the GT350, 350R nor the Z28 flops, I think they're all great cars. The fords were originally priced a little better for the performance they put out.

On another note, I'd imagine the Z28 would more likely carry value better over time. I think it'll be more of a "collectable" in the future. In that regard, if it does, I call that a total success.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 02-15-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:19 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

The fact that r6 brought up ring times but failed to mention the rain. ....
Ya, GM took the fif gen Z28 all the way to da ring...but only made once lap with it on a partially damp track.

No wonder you think your 1.26 60ft is real. lol and wow
Old 02-15-2017, 08:44 PM
10 Second Club

Hhhhhmmm
First off, I didn't consider either car a flop, that was you. I only questioned you that if the 350's are considered a flop, wouldn't the Z28 be considered that as well.
How does the car flop when its just as fast as the Z28, but its msrp was far less? Looking at the cars' performance per price point (I originally meant msrp), the GT350R seem to be a little better than the Z28, despite the year gap. So if the 350s are considered a flop, I'd imagine the Z28 would have been as well. IMHO, I wouldn't call either the GT350, 350R nor the Z28 flops, I think they're all great cars. The fords were originally priced a little better for the performance they put out.

On another note, I'd imagine the Z28 would more likely carry value better over time. I think it'll be more of a "collectable" in the future. In that regard, if it does, I call that a total success.
You said right above it was a flop.

The gt350s are a flop because they struggle with a car/engine that came out 10 yrs ago. To put this in perspective for your peebrain it would be no different if the 6gen z28 couldn't decisively outrun the 5gen z28.

But we won't have to worry about that now will we
Originally Posted by islander033
Ya, GM took the fif gen Z28 all the way to da ring...but only made once lap with it on a partially damp track.

No wonder you think your 1.26 60ft is real. lol and wow
And just little itty bitty bit of common sense tells me it would go faster in the dry.....hhhmm

If you paid any attention to snything but yourself you would know it's actually somewhat difficult to get the track for runs like that.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:27 AM
7 Second Club

And just little itty bitty bit of common sense tells me it would go faster in the dry.....hhhmm

If you paid any attention to snything but yourself you would know it's actually somewhat difficult to get the track for runs like that.
All that bail out money and could only afford 1 lap on a damp day. Sadness.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

Hhhhhmmm

You said right above it was a flop.

The gt350s are a flop because they struggle with a car/engine that came out 10 yrs ago. To put this in perspective for your peebrain it would be no different if the 6gen z28 couldn't decisively outrun the 5gen z28.

But we won't have to worry about that now will we
Point is, ford gave more car for the money than chevy did. Have a nice day, continue bitching all you want.

Btw, both GT350s and the Z28 are great cars, I have no problem saying that (aka, unbiased person). You, praise the Z28 and dis the GT350s at every corner and only see them as flops (aka, biased person). If you look up the meaning and study it you might have a slim chance realizing what it actually means. You may not have a peebrain, but that box you can't see out of seems awfully small
Old 02-16-2017, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Ford does not release ring times.

The GT350 ring time is pure rumor/speculation. Anyone seen a vid of the run with timer ? Nope

The website the time was found on is not official either.

This is common knowledge on the mustang forums.

Not saying the car can't do it etc... but that time is not official.

Also Al Op has been quoted saying the z28 has run a 7:31 before the gt350 was even released.

The fat zl1 already beat the 350r fake ring time. Lower msrp. Full of luxury interior and options and 4 seats. The track focused new z28 will destroy it. Ford struggles to match GM at every step. GM sets new bars. Just the way it is lately in the handling wars
Old 02-16-2017, 10:47 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
.... Ford struggles to match GM at every step. GM sets new bars. Just the way it is lately in the handling wars
Remember in 2013 when the GT500 beat the ZL1 at da ring?

Old 02-16-2017, 11:01 AM
Banned

R6cowgirl is getting slapped around like the little betch that she is.

Last edited by RedFuryZ28; 02-16-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYWCnRWiqt8
Another good example to prove my point.

They struggled to match the zl1 with the gt500. An extra 100 hp and 300 lbs lighter. It could not turn better it was a lot faster. On tracks with longer straits the 500 won. Shorter more technical tracks the zl1.

Do you remember now? A new PP is slower than a 2013 1le. A new PP is slower than my base 1SS. And according to the expert drivers it's by an embarrassing amount. PP vs 1le. The comparison is literally not worth making. Base GT vs base SS. Puppy kicking
As usual ford will match or slightly exceed soon enough. Then GM will embarrass them again.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:49 AM
Banned

Dennis the Menace getting slapped around like a betch too.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

All that bail out money and could only afford 1 lap on a damp day. Sadness.
Well in your little narrow mind you would think of it like that and not consider the other scheduled tests with many manufacturers goin on there
Point is, ford gave more car for the money than chevy did. Have a nice day, continue bitching all you want.

Btw, both GT350s and the Z28 are great cars, I have no problem saying that (aka, unbiased person). You, praise the Z28 and dis the GT350s at every corner and only see them as flops (aka, biased person). If you look up the meaning and study it you might have a slim chance realizing what it actually means. You may not have a peebrain, but that box you can't see out of seems awfully small
Actually furd gave less for the money. We've been over actual costs here and the dealer markup was huge on the gt350s. Not to mention the only gt350 to even run with and not get beat everywhere was the R model. Which by the way only seats 2.....2 is less than 4 and the z28 seats 4. So you get a less versitile car for your $.

I guess you overlooked where i said the gt350 was a good car earlier . It just wasn't the performance jaggernaut that one would think vs 10yr old technology. Or maybe the 5gen was just that ****** good.

Maybe the box you live in is to small to see that.
Ford does not release ring times.

The GT350 ring time is pure rumor/speculation. Anyone seen a vid of the run with timer ? Nope

The website the time was found on is not official either.

This is common knowledge on the mustang forums.

Not saying the car can't do it etc... but that time is not official.

Also Al Op has been quoted saying the z28 has run a 7:31 before the gt350 was even released.

The fat zl1 already beat the 350r fake ring time. Lower msrp. Full of luxury interior and options and 4 seats. The track focused new z28 will destroy it. Ford struggles to match GM at every step. GM sets new bars. Just the way it is lately in the handling wars
This guy knows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYWCnRWiqt8
This guy has no clue whatsoever
Another good example to prove my point.

They struggled to match the zl1 with the gt500. An extra 100 hp and 300 lbs lighter. It could not turn better it was a lot faster. On tracks with longer straits the 500 won. Shorter more technical tracks the zl1.

Do you remember now? A new PP is slower than a 2013 1le. A new PP is slower than my base 1SS. And according to the expert drivers it's by an embarrassing amount. PP vs 1le. The comparison is literally not worth making. Base GT vs base SS. Puppy kicking
As usual ford will match or slightly exceed soon enough. Then GM will embarrass them again.
More good info from this guy.

The embarrasment is already there. It's why furd only used obscure tracks to roll out the tests on. So far it looks like the 6gen 1le will atleast match probably beat the gt350. The z28 my be be right there with the fgt and the new zora will thrash it.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:03 PM
7 Second Club

... Ford struggles to match GM at every step. GM sets new bars. Just the way it is lately in the handling wars
You said ^

I showed you were wrong.

What's with the LT guys that are always crying on here and can't admit ****? LOL

PS. Quoting Al ZerO on anything is LMAO at best. He ate a lot of turd sammiches when the 13 GT500 came out. wow
Old 02-16-2017, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You said ^

I showed you were wrong.

What's with the LT guys that are always crying on here and can't admit ****? LOL

PS. Quoting Al ZerO on anything is LMAO at best. He ate a lot of turd sammiches when the 13 GT500 came out. wow
You showed nothing. The zl1 and 500 were a drivers race depending on the track.

The 2012 gt500 had nothing for the zl1. Ford matches gm raises. It's obvious lately.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:27 PM
7 Second Club

You showed nothing. The zl1 and 500 were a drivers race depending on the track.

The 2012 gt500 had nothing for the zl1. Ford matches gm raises. It's obvious lately.
You must go through a lot of tissue....ma'am.

Beat in 2013/14, drivers race in 2012 and couldn't compete from 2003 to 2011.

It's back and forth, as it should be. I hope GM keeps making the camero, helps to make all the pony cars better.

Quick Reply: Cam-Only LS Iroc vs FBO 5.bro and GT350