2001 Camaro vs 2006 GTO - Page 2 - LS1TECH



Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Camaro vs 2006 GTO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2017, 07:39 AM   #21
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
07BlackSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pampa, Tx
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
Get good DRs, I can hook a 40mph roll at 20 psi tire pressure. And I might make a bit more powa than you.
A "bit" more power is putting it nicely lol. Yeah I had a back up set of these KDWs to go on, and after the other night I'm selling them and going with either a MT or NT05R. Haven't decided yet
07BlackSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #22
Teching In
 
islander033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Crossfield, AB
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackSS View Post
A "bit" more power is putting it nicely lol. Yeah I had a back up set of these KDWs to go on, and after the other night I'm selling them and going with either a MT or NT05R. Haven't decided yet
My 305mm ET skreets do pretty good. Hook in 2nd gear at 40mph, my invos wouldn't hook till middle of 3rd. lol
islander033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #23
TECH Fanatic
 
98CayenneT/A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: White Bear, Mn
Posts: 1,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackSS View Post
A "bit" more power is putting it nicely lol. Yeah I had a back up set of these KDWs to go on, and after the other night I'm selling them and going with either a MT or NT05R. Haven't decided yet
Mickey's hook better, Nt05r handle better ( not that Mickey's handle bad ) and you will get more miles out of the Nt05r.

If I did not go to the track so often I would run Nt05r's.
98CayenneT/A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #24
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
07BlackSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pampa, Tx
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
My 305mm ET skreets do pretty good. Hook in 2nd gear at 40mph, my invos wouldn't hook till middle of 3rd. lol
That's mainly around the speed I'd be doing rolls if so. Because right now I'm afraid to do anything under 50 when it's 40 out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A View Post
Mickey's hook better, Nt05r handle better ( not that Mickey's handle bad ) and you will get more miles out of the Nt05r.

If I did not go to the track so often I would run Nt05r's.
The way my schedule hits this year, I think I'll only be able to make 3-4 track events. And the opener is the 3rd. The day my tuner will have my car....
07BlackSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #25
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Jtm2085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappinsj
Y'all need to rewind and find where I told him to do the MGW FIRST!

Best mod, PERIOD. Pro 5.0 is worthless in comparison. Not even the 400$ Hinson is as good.
The Hinson I got to play with was pretty awesome. I think it's slightly better than the mgw, but not for nearly double the cost...
Jtm2085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #26
TECH Fanatic
 
SoFla01SSLookinstok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackSS View Post
Still have the 3.42s in it. Thought about going with 3.73s or 4.10s, but I need to get it to hook with these first.
Hmm. Just going off the speedo & tach, if I had to guess, I would think it had 3.90 gears. As I don't know the size of the rear tire/wheel, & how the speedo is set, I can't really tell how accurate the mph is.
SoFla01SSLookinstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #27
Staging Lane
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clemmons, NC
Posts: 59
Default

What tire pressure are you running right now? Looks like she pulls hard.
aroberson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #28
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
07BlackSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pampa, Tx
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
Hmm. Just going off the speedo & tach, if I had to guess, I would think it had 3.90 gears. As I don't know the size of the rear tire/wheel, & how the speedo is set, I can't really tell how accurate the mph is.
Oddly enough. The guy actually bought the rearend off my buddy here when he swapped to a 9in is how I know it's 3.42s. But on the way home from buying it, my wife was following me and it was showing 75 when she said I was doing about 83. Tires are 295/35-18s
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroberson77 View Post
What tire pressure are you running right now? Looks like she pulls hard.
Just actually checked the pressure this morning. There's 25psi in the rears. And if it will ever hook, it'll pull a lot harder. Looking into getting some DRs now. Seen a damn good deal on some Hoosiers. But won't get many miles out of those. And think I'd be divorced if I needed new tires in 3mons
07BlackSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #29
TECH Fanatic
 
SoFla01SSLookinstok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackSS View Post
Oddly enough. The guy actually bought the rearend off my buddy here when he swapped to a 9in is how I know it's 3.42s. But on the way home from buying it, my wife was following me and it was showing 75 when she said I was doing about 83. Tires are 295/35-18s
Yeah the speedos can get skewed. I just recently went to 305/40-18. I had the exact size you have. When I had the 295 tires on, my speedo was the closest to true. The way I could tell is checking the radars on the side of the road. Now my speedo says I'm going a bit slower than I actually am lol.
SoFla01SSLookinstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #30
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
07BlackSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pampa, Tx
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
Yeah the speedos can get skewed. I just recently went to 305/40-18. I had the exact size you have. When I had the 295 tires on, my speedo was the closest to true. The way I could tell is checking the radars on the side of the road. Now my speedo says I'm going a bit slower than I actually am lol.
I forget it's off until I'm cruising the main strip at "40", and I'm hauling *** past everyone. Then I'm like oh **** I better slow down lol

edit: How do you like the 305/40s? Was thinking about going with 305/35s. Just wondering how you are liking the extra sidewall
07BlackSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #31
TECH Fanatic
 
SoFla01SSLookinstok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackSS View Post
I forget it's off until I'm cruising the main strip at "40", and I'm hauling *** past everyone. Then I'm like oh **** I better slow down lol

edit: How do you like the 305/40s? Was thinking about going with 305/35s. Just wondering how you are liking the extra sidewall
I'm really enjoying the new tires. Haven't been able to run with full potential until now. They are pretty big overall. The full diameter of the wheel/tire is almost 28". Fills the wheel well. I'll never put just a street/summer radial on this thing again. They are the NT555r drag radial.
SoFla01SSLookinstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #32
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
07BlackSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pampa, Tx
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
I'm really enjoying the new tires. Haven't been able to run with full potential until now. They are pretty big overall. The full diameter of the wheel/tire is almost 28". Fills the wheel well. I'll never put just a street/summer radial on this thing again. They are the NT555r drag radial.
Yeah I'm learning that now not to run a street tire. I was just wonsering how much larger they are since I'm lowered. Didn't know if they were that much bigger than a 35
07BlackSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #33
TECH Resident
iTrader: (4)
 
odthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: heading South East on Bakalakadaka street
Posts: 817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A View Post
Mickey's hook better, Nt05r handle better ( not that Mickey's handle bad ) and you will get more miles out of the Nt05r.

If I did not go to the track so often I would run Nt05r's.
MT ET Streets worked great for me when I used them. But they don't handle great. I think its kind to say that MT don't handle bad... because you can definitely tell you're on a DR higher speed and turning. LOL

MT ET Streets or whatever the new variant of those are.
odthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #34
Teching In
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 0
Default

I am assuming most people have cellphones. I am assuming most cellphones have GPS in them. You can download plenty of free speedometer apps from your Play/App Store that are very accurate.
AWPer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:00 AM   #35
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
07BlackSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pampa, Tx
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWPer View Post
I am assuming most people have cellphones. I am assuming most cellphones have GPS in them. You can download plenty of free speedometer apps from your Play/App Store that are very accurate.
I had my garmin GPS on the way home and it showed 84 when I was doing 75 by my speedo
07BlackSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #36
Teching In
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackSS View Post
I had my garmin GPS on the way home and it showed 84 when I was doing 75 by my speedo
That speedo is way off then!
AWPer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:13 AM   #37
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
07BlackSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pampa, Tx
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWPer View Post
That speedo is way off then!
Yeah! 50 and under its like 2.5mph difference. But over that, it becomes a cluster **** of randomness
07BlackSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #38
Teching In
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackSS View Post
Yeah! 50 and under its like 2.5mph difference. But over that, it becomes a cluster **** of randomness
I haven't had to mess with my V yet, but with my '13 GT, if I didn't have the revs per mile spot on, the degree of error got exponentially larger as the speeds got higher. Obviously, the speedometer system is not very linear.
AWPer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #39
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
07BlackSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pampa, Tx
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWPer View Post
I haven't had to mess with my V yet, but with my '13 GT, if I didn't have the revs per mile spot on, the degree of error got exponentially larger as the speeds got higher. Obviously, the speedometer system is not very linear.
I'm gonna have my tuner take a look at it when he tunes my car next week and see what's up with it
07BlackSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #40
Staging Lane
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clemmons, NC
Posts: 59
Default

If he can't fix it probably could get a GPS speedo sender
aroberson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cam only c6 z06 vs APS TT GTO 02sunsetorangeZ Street Racing & Kill Stories 29 11-09-2015 06:51 PM
M3 vs CTS-V (and more) odthetruth Street Racing & Kill Stories 9 07-20-2015 11:40 AM
ZL1 vs Sticks n Stones Street Racing & Kill Stories 67 07-21-2013 03:25 PM
L99 vs cobra, g8, and gto lablackbeast Street Racing & Kill Stories 270 07-14-2012 01:00 PM
ran into a gto on rt 30 last night LS184 Midwestern Members 4 04-21-2008 12:00 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send