Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sexgen vs S550 local action

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
An automatic transmission has obviously touched Zyborg's cooter at some point in his childhood. I've never seen someone get so mad when speaking about automatics.
Remember, he was naming my automatic as a mod before I ran Bambino.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Thing back halves like a beast bro! Top end screamer for sure

Definitely a beast in a roll race. Still lacking a bit from a dig to a comparable lt1 imo. Extra cubes and torque hard to beat down low.

Think I might surpass you pretty soon we will see. Nice times very solid.

Pray hooked me up sending me a new TB before the claim is settled so I can get my car going. Really cool guy I talked to him on the phone. Down to earth strait up guy for sure and he does great work.

I think you need to pull some weight (all seats) and really get the tune dialed in to have a shot at tens. Remove the axleback. Even then I'm just not sure you got the mph. Maybe add a DS as well if you haven't already ? Good luck

Thanks man.. I appreciate it. Yeah the LT1 definitely has a low end torque advantage. I was able to get some datalogs for my tuner and he made some cam timing tweaks(he was able to get a GT350 equipped car on the dyno this week to play with) Hopefully that, combined with shorter tires will knock a couple more tenths off my time. We will see.

I'm not sure I want to pull any seats out. I kind of like the idea of havinf full interior, although I have toyed with the thought of doing a rear seat delete kit because 1) nobody sits back there, and 2) will be easier to carry my track tires.

Yeah Pray is cool people. Was nice meeting him and talking with him at the track Sunday. I might even try to bribe him into looking at my throttle body/intake sometime... cough cough
Old 03-02-2017, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Nothing here is directed at you. Just the usual Ford vs Chevy banter. There are several people here that try and talk **** about the 6g car you have. I say "try" because as much as they try to discredit the 6g, it only takes one look at their argument to realize why they are sour grapes and their moaning and crying bears no weight.

Good stuff!

Good trap for only "dien do nutffin" E, cat delete pipes, catch can and engine cover removal!
Mang.. I never said E din do nuffin on my car.. but I did a same day same dyno 93 vs e85 comparison and my car gained 6rwhp. it was 6rwhp across the curve.. no peaking.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Lol.....like you're gonna get a straight answer from marc.

The catch can thing came from when we showed up to run poppa there were actually several mods that he didn't disclose. Once he got to cryin i called him on that ****. Then he got to whining about "all the stuff gone under the hood. He could see the ground" the only thing gone on the 5gen was the engine cover. Then the cobro crew just cant admot to poppa getting beat ever....even with solid beginning and end screenshots. You can figure out where the actual problem is there.

Pray doin a good job fo sho. He diving into the some pretty good stuff. These latemodel cars have way more **** goin on than the old 4gens.

So poppa.....you admit you got beat by a less modded 6gen? Or do i need to screenshot that to?
Pray's car is faster. Most others are not. Ultra probably will get there with his mods. Hopefully more 6gens fall in line with the performance Pray is getting. I won't let you bait me into an argument. Long day.. tired.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pray
Unfortunately, E is a pain it the butt for me to get and keep in the car. It is an 80 mile round trip. With how crappy the gas mileage is I would get like one or two days between fill ups. I am just going to have to do more mods for pump. LOL.

And that Nanner is back halfing like a **** for sure. If the Nanner had a 3.73 gear it would be a whole new animal. I would say mid 1.5 60fts and way deeper into the rpm band at the stripe.
Thanks man. I agree.. I need more gear. the 3.15 gear is perfect for a turbo setup which is what I am planning.. I am thinking I can drop from 28" to 26" tires to get some more gear off the line. Also have another 900rpm or so I can play with on the top end without shifting to 4th. More test and tunes are the only way to find out I guess
Old 03-02-2017, 01:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
What he needs is a stall if he dont already have one.
I have a stall now. 5C
Old 03-02-2017, 04:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Thanks man.. I appreciate it. Yeah the LT1 definitely has a low end torque advantage. I was able to get some datalogs for my tuner and he made some cam timing tweaks(he was able to get a GT350 equipped car on the dyno this week to play with) Hopefully that, combined with shorter tires will knock a couple more tenths off my time. We will see.

I'm not sure I want to pull any seats out. I kind of like the idea of havinf full interior, although I have toyed with the thought of doing a rear seat delete kit because 1) nobody sits back there, and 2) will be easier to carry my track tires.

Yeah Pray is cool people. Was nice meeting him and talking with him at the track Sunday. I might even try to bribe him into looking at my throttle body/intake sometime... cough cough
I am in, bring that stuff by and we will hook it up.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Buy a 20lb battery for the track. Stocker is over 40. Remove the front passenger seat. That's ~80lbs real quick and easy. The rear seats aren't hardly worth removing only like 30lbs. The front seat is almost 60. That alone would have put you probably at tens on your 11.07 pass.

And as ive mentioned. CF driveshaft may help a bit. DSS claims lower 60 fts also. The aluminum is a bit cheaper but im worried about NVH.
I am with you man. I just want to do it at full weight, basically the way I drive the car, minus the drag pack of course. I do drive it on the drag pack some though. I am not downing anyone that pulls stuff for the track to run a number. It takes dedication and some skill to lighten up a car to give it every advantage. I just have some goals in my head to make myself happy. That is what I am going for.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Blk,

Which one of the 3 stooges got a little whiff of that stank rank turtle-tank of yours last night?

Nick, Marc of Nate?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Banned

I think the 3 stooges got 3 Blk SPLOOGES right in their eyes.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

What do the stock 6G driveshafts weigh, Pray? May be some benefit to that. My Br0 went from 38lb 2 piece to 19.5 aluminum. Would be curious to hear how much the 6Gs have to drop.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
I think the 3 stooges got 3 Blk SPLOOGES right in their eyes.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Look at these 2 bonding. Lol
Old 03-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Hey!!! Blk is back!!!

Hey man, post some more pictures of that abortion you call car!

Me wants to see.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Are you mad because your 5th gen would have gotten gapped by Blk so you went out and bought a faster car and now you're back to being slower than him again?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Those bank owned racecars got to be babied man
Old 03-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Why you guys so angry over me getting a 100?

Why so mad bros?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Obviously SW and Law are very angry that they didnt get Blk's splooge last night. Trying to be favorite ls for tonight!

Lololol
Old 03-02-2017, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

You seem mad the car is as good as it is

And just eats you up inside
Old 03-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Trinity is a nice car bro, why you raging?

Quick Reply: Sexgen vs S550 local action