Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SCT 2016 Mustang GT vs Tuned 2016 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.H
I've driven a fair amount of both. You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how biased it may be. 5th visibility is awful. Because of the small *** windshield the HUD gets very annoying. S550 interior quality is much higher, gauges aren't placed like **** as they are in the 5th. That being said I don't necessarily mind either. I'd still buy a 5gen before a yote because I'm not a dohc fan. But if neither were performance oriented I'd take the s550, on interior and ride alone (although I haven't driven a 1LE, so not sure how big the difference is between that and the 2SS ride quality)
The visibility out of a 2016 mustang GT is equally ****. It's like they saw the **** viability that the 5th gen, and thought it was a good idea to make it just as bad. That and the "let's make this car as heavy as we possibly can" bullshit.

"but...but..but... safety requirements result in heavier cars....."
Old 03-08-2017, 06:19 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
The visibility out of a 2016 mustang GT is equally ****. It's like they saw the **** viability that the 5th gen, and thought it was a good idea to make it just as bad. That and the "let's make this car as heavy as we possibly can" bullshit.

"but...but..but... safety requirements result in heavier cars....."
What's your car run at the strip on kill?
Old 03-08-2017, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

What does that have to do with anything? Stop starting drama like a woman.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:38 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
What does that have to do with anything? Stop starting drama like a woman.
Hi Mio!

What's wrong with asking the man a question about his car. His build looks very comprehensive and proper.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahahahah
Old 03-08-2017, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Fords just can't compeet
Old 03-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Teching In

I've driven a fair amount of both. You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how biased it may be. 5th visibility is awful. Because of the small *** windshield the HUD gets very annoying. S550 interior quality is much higher, gauges aren't placed like **** as they are in the 5th. That being said I don't necessarily mind either. I'd still buy a 5gen before a yote because I'm not a dohc fan. But if neither were performance oriented I'd take the s550, on interior and ride alone (although I haven't driven a 1LE, so not sure how big the difference is between that and the 2SS ride quality)
Sounds like your response is constructive and serious, so Ill reply with the same courtesy.

5g visibility is decreased vs the mustangs but that doesnt impeded anyone from adapting. Kind of like you would adapt to driving a Ford GT or any performance car.

As far as the HUD, most people would consider that major upgrade, myself included.

As far as interior quality, I will agree that the S550 does have the it there, specialy with the gauges as you mentioned.

Performance wise, straightline it is a wash. Coyote has a minute advantage but once the mods begin, it is anyones game. Both motors reapond very well to mods. Handling, no contest, goes to the 5th gen. You really need to test drive a 1LE car, the hype is real. There is a reason it outperforms the Boss LS and PP s550 gt.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I was referring to interior design/quality/ride
5gen thrashes it there to. No stupid folding rear headrests either and a more usable back seat.

I can tell you from being in both the interior of a 5gen is much superior to even the updated s550.
Well for starters....you have to be smart enough to look through the windshield not at it.

S550 interior is not very great. Between poppas car and phils both being base cars the 5gen was far better. 5gen not cluttered with buttons like a s550 and the touch screen in the 5gen far superior. I don't even think poppa car had a touch screen. Much smaller if it was.

Gauges fine in both. Pedal placement better in 5gen for me.

Absolutely no comparison between them in on road feel. The s550 is better than the s197 which felt like you were over top the roll centers by 3 feet but still not what 5gen is. Laptimes back that up and then some. No argueing that.

I don't mine the more complicated 5br0. Ima n/a guy tho and it just gets outpowered there.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Most of the time I will say that looks are pretty subjective but the S550 interior is definitely better than the 5g.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
5gen thrashes it there to. No stupid folding rear headrests either and a more usable back seat.

I can tell you from being in both the interior of a 5gen is much superior to even the updated s550.

Well for starters....you have to be smart enough to look through the windshield not at it.

S550 interior is not very great. Between poppas car and phils both being base cars the 5gen was far better. 5gen not cluttered with buttons like a s550 and the touch screen in the 5gen far superior. I don't even think poppa car had a touch screen. Much smaller if it was.

Gauges fine in both. Pedal placement better in 5gen for me.

Absolutely no comparison between them in on road feel. The s550 is better than the s197 which felt like you were over top the roll centers by 3 feet but still not what 5gen is. Laptimes back that up and then some. No argueing that.

I don't mine the more complicated 5br0. Ima n/a guy tho and it just gets outpowered there.
Gotta be one of the dumbest ******* things ever said by you.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V8EATR
Most of the time I will say that looks are pretty subjective but the S550 interior is definitely better than the 5g.
I don't see it. And gave valid reasons. I also hate buttons.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Not looking through the windshield and bitching about seeing out of a sporty car is the dumbest ******* **** i have ever heard. You belong in a minivan.

On a side note there are lots of cars way way harder to see out of than a 5gen. Newer c-classes, 4dr focus, convertable beatles....probably hard tops to but i wasn't in one of those do i can't say.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
I died laughing as well. Lol
Old 03-08-2017, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Sounds like your response is constructive and serious, so Ill reply with the same courtesy.

5g visibility is decreased vs the mustangs but that doesnt impeded anyone from adapting. Kind of like you would adapt to driving a Ford GT or any performance car.

As far as the HUD, most people would consider that major upgrade, myself included.

As far as interior quality, I will agree that the S550 does have the it there, specialy with the gauges as you mentioned.

Performance wise, straightline it is a wash. Coyote has a minute advantage but once the mods begin, it is anyones game. Both motors reapond very well to mods. Handling, no contest, goes to the 5th gen. You really need to test drive a 1LE car, the hype is real. There is a reason it outperforms the Boss LS and PP s550 gt.
I will definitely try to test drive one. The only reason I haven't yet is because the last time I wanted to, the car had just come out and the dealer said I couldn't drive that one (specifically the 1le package) until I had started the sales process. I was like "are you fkn kidding me? How do you expect me to buy a car if I can't drive it first?" And promptly left
Old 03-09-2017, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

All in all my 5g was ok. Even with my aftermarket springs and swaybars and wider wheels and tires it did not handle or feel as good as my 6g. Car just felt big and not as involving. Outward visibility wasn't as good in the front. Just felt like a sedan idk. The 6g feels like a go cart compared to it.
Stock strait line was no comparison and I'm guessing after my next round of bolt ons will beat my h/c 5g in everything except possibly a highway roll but I'll never know. In the end my new car is everything I wanted the 5g to be and I love it. No regrets at all.

Never driven a 5g 1le but I'm sure it's solid. About on par with a standard ss like mine from what I've gathered as far as lap times etc
Old 03-09-2017, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
As expected, more modded 5.fail loses to less modded 6g ss.

As expected, 5.0 faggotry ensues, bros raging with excuses.

A little surprised that a 6g with lamo tire stickers managed to win over a more modded 5.0.... lol
That made me LOL
Old 03-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Teching In

I will definitely try to test drive one. The only reason I haven't yet is because the last time I wanted to, the car had just come out and the dealer said I couldn't drive that one (specifically the 1le package) until I had started the sales process. I was like "are you fkn kidding me? How do you expect me to buy a car if I can't drive it first?" And promptly left
Yeah, you should. 1LE pkg makes all the difference in the handling dept. The dealer didnt let me drive mine till the application had been approved by Ally. When I first drove it, I was not dissapoint. It literally was just as good as all the hype I had researched and read online. A big go kart. Best overal car in 2014 when I bought it.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
All in all my 5g was ok. Even with my aftermarket springs and swaybars and wider wheels and tires it did not handle or feel as good as my 6g. Car just felt big and not as involving. Outward visibility wasn't as good in the front. Just felt like a sedan idk. The 6g feels like a go cart compared to it.
Stock strait line was no comparison and I'm guessing after my next round of bolt ons will beat my h/c 5g in everything except possibly a highway roll but I'll never know. In the end my new car is everything I wanted the 5g to be and I love it. No regrets at all.

Never driven a 5g 1le but I'm sure it's solid. About on par with a standard ss like mine from what I've gathered as far as lap times etc
The 6g (non 1LE) is lighter and nimbler but ultimately the 5G 1LE does its intended job better. 5g 1le is faster around the track than even a magneride suspension 6g ss. We all know how badass the 6g ss is but the 5g 1le is THAT good.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

I know alot of guys kinda claims the 5gen wasn't very good do to the first 2 yrs they made them they were a little soft. In 12 with the revamped fe4 suspension they were pretty damn good even with out a 1le package. I have only drove 12 and phils 15 1le.

Funny part is the furd guys whine about 5gen handling when they clearly. ....so clearly had nothing to compete with it across the entire furd line up. Even the softer first 2 yrs of 5gen laid down better lap times than even 5br0 pp of the same years. Pretty hypocritical of them.

Even to this day the only furd that has a shot at beating the 5gen z28 around vir would be the new fğt.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Banned

Broginas can't stand that people finally figured out how to drive 5gens, and are running with or beating their flagship coyotes.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Street Racing and Kill Stories seems like a good place to talk about road courses.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

1) 2016 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS both stock - SS wins
2) 2016 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS both with bolt ons - SS wins
3) 2016 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS both with similar power adder - SS wins

There is no replacement for displacement.
376.1 cu > 302.1 cu

You're paying what, $4k more on average for a new 2016 SS over a new 2016 GT premium?

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 03-09-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: SCT 2016 Mustang GT vs Tuned 2016 Camaro SS