Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2013 E/P/T C6ZRJuan vs 2010 E/P/T/B/G GT500

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I usually can't tell sarcasm, but if you are serious, decipha and Eric from HP Tuners last month have said that they have completely mapped out all of the EEC-V V8 mustangs from 1999 - 2004. They just have to make a compatible physical interface to a laptop.

https://svtperformance.com/forums/th...under.1135998/
Old 05-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Hio has claimed he can't get a toon for his sympathy bought car. Going on 3-4 years now.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Decipha has a good website with a LOT of free material for those who are wanting to tune their older mustangs: http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Their forums are pretty active. The website itself is kind of archaically designed, however, if you just peruse and use the tiny blue links at the top, you can educate yourself. A lot of this stuff still pertains to the newer stuff.

His forum: http://forum.efidynotuning.com/index.php
Old 05-23-2017, 05:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

WTF? Hio has a Termi swapped fox body & he can't run faster than a 12 with it? Should at least be running 10s easy peasy.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:31 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
WTF? Hio has a Termi swapped fox body & he can't run faster than a 12 with it? Should at least be running 10s easy peasy.
He's retired from racing, we all better hope it stays that way. Because he's gonna be fast AF if he ever came back.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AWPer
Decipha has a good website with a LOT of free material for those who are wanting to tune their older mustangs: http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Their forums are pretty active. The website itself is kind of archaically designed, however, if you just peruse and use the tiny blue links at the top, you can educate yourself. A lot of this stuff still pertains to the newer stuff.

Man do I like that site. I will admit to one tuning issue. Hot restart. I'm having to add throttle to start when hot. It won't start when hot with just a key turn. I might find a parameter that will help. It bugs me to do anything besides turn the key on a fuel injected engine.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
Man do I like that site. I will admit to one tuning issue. Hot restart. I'm having to add throttle to start when hot. It won't start when hot with just a key turn. I might find a parameter that will help. It bugs me to do anything besides turn the key on a fuel injected engine.
What are you tuning with?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flash0080
What are you tuning with?
sniper commando
Old 05-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sniper commando
Not familiar with that one. But in megasquirt there is a setting for warm start called cranking pulsewidth. I copied this from there manual.....

Cranking Pulse Widths:
The cranking pulse width at -40°F should be about 3 to 5 times the 170°F value.
If you over-estimate the correct values, you WILL flood the engine.
To begin, set the -40°F cranking pulse width to about 88% of your "upper" req_fuel value, and the 170°F cranking pulse width to about 23% of your req_fuel. Those should get you 'in the ball park' for starting.
Once you have the engine running, you can tune the cranking pulse widths with small changes, moving them up or down together, and check it over a few days worth of starts before deciding which direction to go next. Remember that the cranking pulse widths need to be with ~0.5 milliseconds of the optimal value at both -40ºF and 170º F.
You move them up and down together, but not by the same amount. You want to keep the cold cranking pulse width about 3 to 5 times the hot cranking pulse width.
For example, suppose your reg_fuel was 14. Then you might start with a cold cranking PW of 12.3 and a hot cranking pulse width of 4.0. Suppose you try this and see it is too rich, and your temperature when you tried it was 40°F. So you need to lean it out (after making sure the engine hadn't flooded, in which case you would have to clean the plugs). You might try reducing your cold cranking pulse width by 0.8 milliseconds, to 11.5. You don't want to also reduce you hot cranking pulse width by 0.8. You really want to reduce it by the proportional amount you reduced the cold pulse width, which would be 0.8*(4.0/12.3) = 0.26 = 0.3. So you would reduce it to 3.7.
This maintains a reasonable ratio between the pulse widths. You don't have to calculate it each time though, just adjust the hot number by about 1/3 of the cold number, and you should stay 'in the ballpark'. Conversely, if you had to richen the pulse widths, you might add 0.8, and 0.3, etc.
Note that even in a 'piggy-back' application, do not set MegaSquirt®'s cranking pulse widths to zero. This will cause unpredictable pulse widths up to 13 milliseconds. Instead, set them to 0.1 milliseconds in that application. This allows very little fuel to flow.
It is very easy to flood the engine, especially when cold, without realizing it, and this can confuse your start tuning quite a lot. So it's better to start with low pulse widths and work your way up in small steps (lean cranking is much easier to recover from),
As you get closer to optimal cranking pulse widths, you can adjust just one of the hot or cold pulse widths a bit to fix particular starting issues - for example, if you have hot start issues, warm the engine up fully (ideally by driving, not idling) then shut it off and adjust only the hot pulse width slightly to get the best starting. You can do the same with cold start, but you can only do it on 'true' cold starts, which means that: a) you have to wait for a cold day, and b) you only get one test per day (starting it and shutting it off right away still warms the combustion chamber, etc, and basing your tuning on that will throw you off).
If your engine doesn't respond while cranking at all, try disconnecting the serial cable to the laptop from your MegaSquirt® controller. The power supply from the laptop may interfere with your MegaSquirt® controller at times, making the engine impossible to start. If you try to datalog a cranking attempt, and the datalog is blank, or you are getting resets (secL keeps dropping back to zero before reaching 255), then you likely need to disconnect the laptop while cranking. You should be able to reconnect after the engine is started, and tune/datalog normally, without any issues.
Most engines are quite sensitive to the cranking pulse widths, so you may need both pulse widths to be within about 0.5 milliseconds to start well under all conditions.
Make sure you have power while cranking, otherwise you are starting on your prime pulse, and will go crazy trying to tune it,
Keep the prime pulse short, less than 4.0, and ideally around 2.0, while tuning the cranking pulse widths.
Make sure you are not in flood clear mode while cranking,
Datalog your starting attempts using TunerStudioMS, and study them carefully, you will learn a lot,
Don't use EGO feedback to guide you on cranking pulse widths, it won't help you at all, and may confuse you a lot. Instead, use your subjective sense of how long it takes the engine to start at any temperature (you are seeking to minimize this, obviously)

Old 05-24-2017, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Amazing, we are “forcing the engine to do more than it's capable of”, by going FI, and yet restricting it all at the same time… because Hio logic!

You make no sense. It's obvious you have no clue.

Originally Posted by islander033
Hey Redfire!

What car do you have this week and what does it run?

PS. Maybe you can do the blower RPM and CFM calcs for Hio's slow *** FI fox?
Please post cfm gauge and blower rpm tach please

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Bwahahahahaha. My only guess is that somehow raging on SRK so much has caused DUG to get dumber. Over the years his same tired arguments have just turned in to him calling everyone ****.
Just think how much faster a bolt on ls6 would go if someone smaht got a hold of it.

Originally Posted by snake95
Hio is dumber than I previously thought.

He's acting all surprised the car with more power won from a roll

Go graduate high school or get your GED, maybe you'll have a foundation to build on at that point.

Your blower car runs 12s. How inspiring
One more time! I haven't ran muh blower car. Comprehension is not your strong point

I usually can't tell sarcasm, but if you are serious, decipha and Eric from HP Tuners last month have said that they have completely mapped out all of the EEC-V V8 mustangs from 1999 - 2004. They just have to make a compatible physical interface to a laptop.

https://svtperformance.com/forums/th...under.1135998/
I've been watching hpt for a good while now.....even waiting them out. I thought progress had kinda died on the okder models. Glad to see it hasn't.

Looks like others are glad to.

I'm not gonna eff with a bunch of different stuff like that. It needs to be like hpt/efilive.

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Don't be dumb enough to believe sperm95. You have your own issues leaving the 12s wuth a built motor at the moment. He your dumbass could likely take some tips from snake as sorry as that 383 runs.

Originally Posted by snake95
Hio has claimed he can't get a toon for his sympathy bought car. Going on 3-4 years now.
Go to the link awpwer posted. You'll see I'm not the only one that wanted this. Furd tuning has been **** compared to gm stuff.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

DUG is the ultimate multi quote king.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:18 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
DUG is the ultimate multi quote king.
Dwarf queen *

PS. I know a cobra that has been 8s in the 1/4 with Ford ECU. Dug just dumb AF
Old 05-24-2017, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the ecu. I said the software or lack of it for a typical user sucks.

As usual islander fails to comprehend. Also another post lacking the much important cfm gauge and blower tach. So much failure in his posts.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Please post cfm gauge and blower rpm tach please

Just think how much faster a bolt on ls6 would go if someone smaht got a hold of it.

One more time! I haven't ran muh blower car. Comprehension is not your strong point

I've been watching hpt for a good while now.....even waiting them out. I thought progress had kinda died on the okder models. Glad to see it hasn't.

Looks like others are glad to.

I'm not gonna eff with a bunch of different stuff like that. It needs to be like hpt/efilive.

Don't be dumb enough to believe sperm95. You have your own issues leaving the 12s wuth a built motor at the moment. He your dumbass could likely take some tips from snake as sorry as that 383 runs.

Go to the link awpwer posted. You'll see I'm not the only one that wanted this. Furd tuning has been **** compared to gm stuff.
By "someone smart" Doug really means someone willing to put thousands and thousands of dollars into external mods, buy the most expensive parts available and spend 5+ years on R&D for their 'simple bolt on car that anybody could do in a weekend'
I bet over the years Doug has spent as much money as his car cost new in "bolt ons"
Old 05-24-2017, 02:54 PM
7 Second Club

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the ecu. I said the software or lack of it for a typical user sucks.

As usual islander fails to comprehend. Also another post lacking the much important cfm gauge and blower tach. So much failure in his posts.
You are a typical user? Typical users get a good toon and it don't take 3+ years. LOLOLOLOL

PS . You are a typical inbred retard though.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:55 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick.H
By "someone smart" Doug really means someone willing to put thousands and thousands of dollars into external mods, buy the most expensive parts available and spend 5+ years on R&D for their 'simple bolt on car that anybody could do in a weekend'
I bet over the years Doug has spent as much money as his car cost new in "bolt ons"
"smaht"
Old 05-24-2017, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

^^^This x10000

I know you really meant: I was wrong and have nothing else to say.

It's my hope you learned something here, but we all know that's not true/not possible.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are a typical user? Typical users get a good toon and it don't take 3+ years. LOLOLOLOL

islander i got to call you out for saying inbred retard.

inbred retard is too harsh for my sensibilities to handle in the internetz.

calling DUG an inbred retard is an insult to inbred retards everywhere.

will you please refrain from calling DUG an inbred retard in the future.

Thank You, Managment.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:46 PM
7 Second Club

Thank You, Managment.
Noted!

I apologize to the inbred retards, I meant no disrespect to them using that term for Hio.

We all know hio is below them in intelligence and gene pool.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

I understand. .....you said your cammed ls1 failed to leave the 13s and hio is the baddest mf'r ever.

How much $ can you spend on bolt ons dude? 50% of what i did buy was used. Then you have the homemade junk yall make fun of. How hard can it be be with used junk and homemade parts?

I wanred to use the same tuner as my camaro so i didn't have to hear the furd guys cry about the camaro having a better tuner.

You're a typical bitch.

Now post that cfm gauge and blower rpm tach.
Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
^^^This x10000

I know you really meant: I was wrong and have nothing else to say.

It's my hope you learned something here, but we all know that's not true/not possible.
Don't be mad i would drag your h/c turd.

Thank You, Managment.
Still no proof of your junk eehh?

One would think as much as ***/in posts he would have some type of proof somewhere.

Quick Reply: 2013 E/P/T C6ZRJuan vs 2010 E/P/T/B/G GT500