Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/c c7z gets walked by sc 5.0, supra.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I'll take it a step further. Supras are a pile of ****. They are the highest hp slow cars I've ever seen. Light switches....they're either on or off. And if they are anything in between on or off yhey are turds. Won't leave the 12s on pump hardly either.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
They make 600-700 easier then LS-anything, Anything that can make a reliable 700hp flywheel with just a bigger turbo, drop in pump, injectors, and a piggyback is not too shabby. Stock heads, stock intake, stock cams, stock shortblock, etc. The damn blocks are insanely strong, way stronger then LS1.
Whats a 700hp LS1 need???
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I've read quite a few posts with LS based engines like the junk yard 5.3's making well over 700 with the same mods lol They just need boost and a good tuner to dial in it without lifting the heads.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:48 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I'll take it a step further. Supras are a pile of ****. They are the highest hp slow cars I've ever seen. Light switches....they're either on or off. And if they are anything in between on or off yhey are turds. Won't leave the 12s on pump hardly either.
Sure. In the 90s. They've been faster the LS in pretty much everything.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I got a buddy that has a zr1 that just performs. Cam, cai, exhauat and track setup on it and its been 9.7@144 with 740whp. He has ported blower and heads now. Jist seems the zr1 performs better then the c7z mod for mod. He is in killeen area runs at Little River a lot.
Yes, ZR1s are great performers.... I wouldnt say that ZR1s respond better to mods then a C7Z, however they don't have the fuel system restrictions so they are much easier to mod....and they are about 200lbs lighter so....thats a 3-4 mph difference in trap speed from weight alone. A ZR1 definitely has more potential for big speeds and big power.

There are both good and bad running ZR1s and C7Zs....depends on the cars and drivers. Also, the C7Zs are VERY picky about engine temps and IATs depending on the tune/meth system.....At the track you have to really cool the car down well before passes as the stock tune starts yanking timing at 195* ECT......and yanks timing at 135* IAT.

All that being said, I beat my buddy's 617 rwhp ZR1 this weekend on a short pull with my CAI only C7Z and I have video of it....But we had to shut down early at 110 or so due to a car blowing up in front of us, and the ZR1 owner didnt want a re-run..... On paper, he should have raped me.

Quick Reply: H/c c7z gets walked by sc 5.0, supra.