Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 cobra vs 95 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by one sweet ws6
ha a coyote a ls killer funny i saw one at the track last yr run 12.9 and he happened to race my buddy in his 04 goat a bolt on ls and he couldnt beat my buddy and the guy told us his car wasnt stock but he wouldnt tell us what was done to it. Ls killer my ***. Would t even beat my slow *** lt1
Coyotes are only fast on the internet. And sometimes not even there
Old 07-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Due to the LS superior design, I though it should have no problem beating a coyote with the same cubes, no?
Old 07-13-2017, 07:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Do to coyote superior design i would think it wouldn't need 3 more cams and 16 more valves to continue losing to ls.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Do to coyote superior design i would think it wouldn't need 3 more cams and 16 more valves to continue losing to ls.
So you admit, pound for pound per say, its better?
Old 07-13-2017, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WisT02ws6
I have a serious question.

All things equal, meaning a 344CI Coyote (close enough) vs a 346CI LS all out motor build, no limit on cam size, head choice, intake or compression, same fuel, same engine dyno.

Who wins?
What power numbers do you think could be achieved with both combos?
Equal effort in both engines is fair. You bore /stroke i bore/stroke. Except for then that opens up much better heads than cathedral heads for the ls stuff which is a solid kick in the nuts for the coyote. .......except i need no custom parts to get it done.

All in a it comes down to what i have said many times. The coyote is only the equal of cathedral ls stuff. And that's not the best ls atuff.
Coyote vs LS, CI fairly equal is interesting. Obviously 5.0 needs bored & stroked (via aftermarket internals) to get 344ci. Make it fair, LS gets 346ci or 347ci aftermarket internals. There's the level foundation playing field per CI. That being the only stip ain't nothing to cry over. No limit on cam, heads, intake, compression, same fuel, same engine dyno is interesting nonetheless. In my guess, solid roller (per no valvetrain limit) 346/347 LS setup would have a slight edge.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

But dug already said the better designed Coyote needs to be at a CI disadvantage for the playing field to be equal...or am I just paraphrasing?
Old 07-13-2017, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by snake95
But dug already said the better designed Coyote needs to be at a CI disadvantage for the playing field to be equal...or am I just paraphrasing?
I honestly don't think the LS "needs" a displacement advantage. Which is strange that Doug even mentions the "you stroke, I stroke" scenario. Because if the LS doesn't need the CI advantage, that's just more credit to and that much more impressive for the LS. He should say, "that's fine, the LS doesn't need bored and stroked to still out-do the coyote", to better suit his argument and hold the LS even higher up on his pedestal.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

The fact a 20 year old design is competitive to a new Ford design is incredible. The Ford offerings from that era are not even close.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
The fact a 20 year old design is competitive to a new Ford design is incredible. The Ford offerings from that era are not even close.
I agree but you have to take into consideration that Ford made the move to go away from the older design 2v pushrod motor and move toward an overhead cam 4v motor. I am sure there was a learning curve during this transition.

I think that in time, the benefits of this transition will show itself in many ways. Just look at the advances they already made from the 4V to the Coyote. It will only get better as the next generations come out.

From what I understand, GM possibly wants to go this route for their new Vette motor. I am sure GM will have their share of faults if they decide to go this way also.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V8EATR
So you admit, pound for pound per say, its better?
Lol....pound 4 pound the coyote loses worse. It's heavier and can't make as much power.

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Coyote vs LS, CI fairly equal is interesting. Obviously 5.0 needs bored & stroked (via aftermarket internals) to get 344ci. Make it fair, LS gets 346ci or 347ci aftermarket internals. There's the level foundation playing field per CI. That being the only stip ain't nothing to cry over. No limit on cam, heads, intake, compression, same fuel, same engine dyno is interesting nonetheless. In my guess, solid roller (per no valvetrain limit) 346/347 LS setup would have a slight edge.
So what you're saying is you have to limit ls stuff to the old cathedral heads because it gets spanked real hard any other way.

Are you saying furd fucked up and didn't make the 5br0 large enough to compete?

Please quote where i said the coyote design was better.

I honestly don't think the LS "needs" a displacement advantage. Which is strange that Doug even mentions the "you stroke, I stroke" scenario. Because if the LS doesn't need the CI advantage, that's just more credit to and that much more impressive for the LS. He should say, "that's fine, the LS doesn't need bored and stroked to still out-do the coyote", to better suit his argument and hold the LS even higher up on his pedestal.
Are you ******* as stupid as snake?

I said if you bore/stroke it i bore/stroke the ls. Not because i give 2 ***** about the ci advantage. ......but to put equal effort into the engines.

Seems as tho you morons think it's fair to custom bore/sleeve/stroke one engine while leaving the other one stock......idiots

This is where i throw the ******* rules out. Because your rules only limits the ls. For christ sake i can make a 427 ls using stock parts.......stoke and bore that coyote all you and 427 **** stomps it.

So far the fairest comparo we've seen the the ls3 vs coyote. We know those results
Old 07-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Do to coyote superior design
THANKS FOR PLAYING DUGLESS ENJOY YOUR ATTENDANCE PRIZE!

allz the lawlz
Old 07-13-2017, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

GM northstars are the literally the floor of DOHC engines. There isn't a worse DOHC design on the market, from any manufacturer. That's why they stick to pushrods
Old 07-13-2017, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

THANKS FOR PLAYING DUGLESS ENJOY YOUR ATTENDANCE PRIZE!

allz the lawlz
I was merely making fun of what he said dipshit. Jesus. .....are you guys really that dense

GM northstars are the literally the floor of DOHC engines. There isn't a worse DOHC design on the market, from any manufacturer. That's why they stick to pushrods
Yea.....it only took furd over 20yrs to get past the old zr1 hp. So far the 5br0 hasn't surpassed that junky *** northstar for power either
Old 07-13-2017, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I was merely making fun of what he said dipshit. Jesus. .....are you guys really that dense

Yea.....it only took furd over 20yrs to get past the old zr1 hp. So far the 5br0 hasn't surpassed that junky *** northstar for power either
Sorry Hio, that was an outsourced boat motor. Not really GM.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

It was a collaborative effort between lotus, mecury and gm

Only sold in the vette that i know of
Old 07-13-2017, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

True sign of a loser when they compare their yt veiws.

So i guess since you know so much more you could get muh bolt on ls6 to run 9s eehh

It likely wouldn't have left the 14s in your hands like everything else you've owned chump
You brought it up, I set the record straight. There is a difference between being a mechanic and making **** go fast. We were talking about reliability, where predictably, you run in to kiss GM's *** like you own stock in the company.

As for making your **** go faster, that's easy. Swap out the 100 shot for a 150 shot, you might not need a timing error to reach 10's.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

So what you're saying is you have to limit ls stuff to the old cathedral heads because it gets spanked real hard any other way.
Do I have to remind you there are badass small bore square-port heads out there? Do you not know how well some aftermarket cathedral heads perform and what they're capable of? Yeah, I'm saying there's even cathedral stuff that can put it to the coyote.

Are you ******* as stupid as snake?

I said if you bore/stroke it i bore/stroke the ls. Not because i give 2 ***** about the ci advantage. ......but to put equal effort into the engines.

Seems as tho you morons think it's fair to custom bore/sleeve/stroke one engine while leaving the other one stock......idiots

This is where i throw the ******* rules out. Because your rules only limits the ls. For christ sake i can make a 427 ls using stock parts.......stoke and bore that coyote all you and 427 **** stomps it.

So far the fairest comparo we've seen the the ls3 vs coyote. We know those results
Are you too ******* stupid to look at a CI to CI scenario? You don't have to give 2 ***** about a scenario to recognize it. Yes, we are saying to limit the LS as far as increasing its CI. Listen, we all know leaving the LS at stock cubes is limiting its potential. That stip is ONLY considered for an equal cubes scenario, where I'm still giving the LS the edge IMO. Sorry that's causing you to freak out.

At least I did not say to leave the LS bottom end stock, I said to add aftermarket internals, to physically strengthen it, just like the coyote aftermarket bottom end would be strengthened.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 07-13-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JC316
You brought it up, I set the record straight. There is a difference between being a mechanic and making **** go fast. We were talking about reliability, where predictably, you run in to kiss GM's *** like you own stock in the company.

As for making your **** go faster, that's easy. Swap out the 100 shot for a 150 shot, you might not need a timing error to reach 10's.
Lol....you weak ****** bitch. I bet your yt channel covers ****** **** starring who else butt you

I answered reliability. You wanna know the last engine i rebuilt? Termi motor......due to reliability issue. If you actually had any reading comprehension at all you would see i covered both gm and furd in that post.

Actually a good mechanic can and should be able to make **** run at it's peak.......you are neither. Although 14s is what i expect out of a 4v super swap you did. You even suck at doin cheesy yt vids.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Do I have to remind you there are badass small bore square-port heads out there? Do you not know how well some aftermarket cathedral heads perform and what they're capable of? Yeah, I'm saying there's even cathedral stuff that can put it to the coyote.

Are you too ******* stupid to look at a CI to CI scenario? You don't have to give 2 ***** about a scenario to recognize it. Yes, we are saying to limit the LS as far as increasing its CI. Listen, we all know leaving the LS at stock cubes is limiting its potential. That stip is ONLY considered for an equal cubes scenario, where I'm still giving the LS the edge IMO. Sorry that's causing you to freak out.

At least I did not say to leave the LS bottom end stock, I said to add aftermarket internals, to physically strengthen it, just like the coyote aftermarket bottom end would be strengthened.

Yea i know cathedral stuff can *** whip the coyote to.....as i said eariler coyote and cathedral stuff is more comparable. Dud you not ******* understand that?

But why dhould i be worried about bring only comparable when i can rip their dick off and shove it down their throat?

I don't have to give 2 ***** nor do i have to recognize the ci crap. It's about as useful as hp/l.....so what....you ran out of litres. I didn't. Besides i have addressed this already.

The ls at stock cubes kicked the coyotes ***.....ls3 vs coyote. ....remember.

Basically you want to limit the ls and have a free for all with the coyote. Like i said....i can build a 427 ci with stock ls stuff. Not my problem if you can't do that with coyote stuff. But don't limit one engine while modding the **** out of the other and think that's fair......because you're flat wrong and you look stupid on top of that.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a few months ago, JC thought that high stalls only worked in 1st gear.

Quick Reply: 96 cobra vs 95 trans am