Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I find this post pretty ironic LoL
How so?

Originally Posted by islander033
I think he spelt low 11s wrong.
No matter how many times you try it won't change what actually happened
Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imagine if you had the same effort in that mustang that you do that camero

Likely wouldn't run what stock motor cobra's with IRS run with less mods is all
Old 10-18-2017, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Speaking of irony isn't your race car a turbo lsx? Why not Ford powered?
Old 10-18-2017, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

His is a nitrous sbf so....
Old 10-18-2017, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Most stock motor cobros don't run what the notch runs that i have seen. Now you might pulley down more, run e85 or race gas to get more aggressive with the tune, run more gear, run a slick to get there, put headers on it, bigger snout/tb, killer chiller or ice but it's gonna take more of **** like that to do it. I've had 2 friends with pullied cobros and neither went as fast with them.

Same effort?? The notch has just as much effort or more.

Engine been rebuilt with good pistons and deckplate honed......ls6 has not been apart

Both were run on drs.

Neither has a drag race only type of suspension tuning

Both been dyno tuned

Cars are similar weight with notch have full tube suspension

Camaro was hotlapped....notch had decently long cool downs but no ice.

Be nice if the notch had headers......be nice if the camaro ran @ 14psi

Hell take the camaro back to when it had a ls6 intake no rockers and a 10bolt if you want to remove some effort from it. It went 11.1@124.xx like that hot lapping. So there is your reduced effort camaro times.

I think i could maybe squeeze another couple tenths out of the notch with a different shifter in it. It has a pro5.0 and i can't say i like it much. It's not very smooth.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Im pretty sure your fox could crack a 10 Doug.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick.H
His is a nitrous sbf so....

Pretty sure he was asking about a billet 78/75(my next upgrade) on the FI forums. I mean it's a logical progression to LS swap a fox. Soon sbf powered foxes will be extinct.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Most stock motor cobros don't run what the notch runs that i have seen. Now you might pulley down more, run e85 or race gas to get more aggressive with the tune, run more gear, run a slick to get there, put headers on it, bigger snout/tb, killer chiller or ice but it's gonna take more of **** like that to do it. I've had 2 friends with pullied cobros and neither went as fast with them.

Same effort?? The notch has just as much effort or more.

Engine been rebuilt with good pistons and deckplate honed......ls6 has not been apart

Both were run on drs.

Neither has a drag race only type of suspension tuning

Both been dyno tuned

Cars are similar weight with notch have full tube suspension

Camaro was hotlapped....notch had decently long cool downs but no ice.

Be nice if the notch had headers......be nice if the camaro ran @ 14psi

Hell take the camaro back to when it had a ls6 intake no rockers and a 10bolt if you want to remove some effort from it. It went 11.1@124.xx like that hot lapping. So there is your reduced effort camaro times.

I think i could maybe squeeze another couple tenths out of the notch with a different shifter in it. It has a pro5.0 and i can't say i like it much. It's not very smooth.
Let me get this straight, your Ford with more power and less weight runs slower than your Camaro with less power and more weight?
Old 10-19-2017, 07:28 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Let me get this straight, your Ford with more power and less weight runs slower than your Camaro with less power and more weight?
Xactly....nearly 10mph down in trap speed too.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Im pretty sure your fox could crack a 10 Doug.
I was expecting 11.2 out of it. I might take another crack at it. I just hate to abuse a car that nice.

But to ride in both the camaro just accelerates better.

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
You comprehend as bad as some of these other morons. I already said similar weight.

The camaro turns more rpm and has more gear. It seems to rev much freer. Again it was no iced down glory runs on slicks.
Originally Posted by islander033
Xactly....nearly 10mph down in trap speed too.
Your math is as bad as autocock faces. It's 8-9 mph off. It could maybe pick up another 2 with a better shifter.

This is nothing new and why we don't race dynos. Modulars have always needed more power to compete.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Running an 11.5 in a 470whp, full suspension, drag pack, ~3000 lbs notch is quite poor. Really, snake's notch could probably get 11.5 with just adding a drag pack and tires alone with 100 less whp and 300 more lbs. But it's reasonable time for not pushing the car too hard.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 10-19-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Don't believe his 300 more lb bullshit. It's not true. Remember he also metioned 500 more.

Also he was running a slick not a dr with a .1 better 60'. Likely iced the intake to. His was a glory run and was depicted by that when he got walked by a 114 car on the street. This car was not abused to run that. It was ran like i run the camaro.....well not really. It wasn't hotlapped.

To be honest it will surprise me if he gets back to what he ran that day. For sure he's not gonna trap 120. And since he only roll races you could guess that outcome.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:13 AM
7 Second Club

Your math is as bad as autocock faces. It's 8-9 mph off. It could maybe pick up another 2 with a better shifter.....
Do you know what nearly means?

You so stoopid and shady.

I guess that's as good as grade 7 gets someone. lol
Old 10-19-2017, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Oh make no mistake. ....i just called you on your bullshit there. The only one being shady is the one not accurately depicting the results. That would be you bitch.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Don't believe his 300 more lb bullshit. It's not true. Remember he also metioned 500 more.

Also he was running a slick not a dr with a .6 better 60'. Likely iced the intake to. His was a glory run and was depicted by that when he got walked by a 114 car on the street.

To be honest it will surprise me if he gets back to what he ran that day. For sure he's not gonna trap 120. And since he only roll races you could guess that outcome.
I understand the 11.5 due to not pushing the car very hard like you mentioned. That alone could be ~.3 off the e.t. Ok, I thought snake ran a DR on his runs, and he's always mentioned his car being ~3400some lbs, which is believable for the heavy side GT. I thought your notch was around ~3100 lbs?
Old 10-19-2017, 08:21 AM
7 Second Club

Oh make no mistake. ....i just called you on your bullshit there. The only one being shady is the one not accurately depicting the results. That would be you bitch.
Hahaha...so you really don't know what nearly means?

Your motor swap boosted fox is about as good as you'd ever do with FI. Your PSI is best bruh!

PS. everyone must know how shady you are in business....thus why you can't sell the fox.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:24 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
I understand the 11.5 due to not pushing the car very hard like you mentioned. ...
He was pushing it as hard as possible, don't get caught up in his lies.

Hio needs FP trans, but he also says that slows a car down....
Old 10-19-2017, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Speaking of notchbacks. Contacted a guy regarding a 10.2et notch yesterday afternoon, with a ford 302 at that. Told him I'd come take a look at it today. So I got a trailer lined up and ready to take it home if I liked the deal. Here's the very much sucky part, he didn't call me last night to discuss and send me a few pics as we mentioned earlier in the day. Messaged him this morning and nothing. So I kinda sad this morning
Old 10-19-2017, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Also he was running a slick not a dr with a .1 better 60'. Likely iced the intake to. His was a glory run and was depicted by that when he got walked by a 114 car on the street. This car was not abused to run that. It was ran like i run the camaro.....well not really. It wasn't hotlapped.

Never run a slick in my life, old MT DR's I drive to and from the track.

I have one roll race on here with this car and it's not even my thread

Man R6 sure hit you in a sore spot pointing out I could match your times with nothing but a drag pack with my old cam that ended up having a wiped lobe

Never iced the intake or any part of the intake tract, and I ran 11.95 then an 11.89, so no glory run. You just don't know how to do anything with Fords which explains why your car runs so poorly for the power and weight.

It's funny how nervous you get on here when you're caught being a hypocrite. Still haven't decided which matters more in regards to performance between the track and a roll race Mr. Digs4Lyfe

Also, not that I need to draw you a picture but the more powerful car that beat me in the roll (shocker) also trapped 116, you just quote the 114 run because you're embarrassed about your lack of SBF knowledge and said my car would never leave the 13s, so you've been pretty much eating crow ever since.

Using your logic then about Marc's car, your camero is an 11.4 car at about 127.

You want to put money down that I don't beat my 11.89 @ 116.24 run? I'll put up $100, surely business is booming enough for you to spare that chump change. In4stutteringExcuses
Old 10-19-2017, 08:55 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95

You want to put money down that I don't beat my 11.89 @ 116.24 run? I'll put up $100, surely business is booming enough for you to spare that chump change. In4stutteringExcuses
Be careful in doing any business with Hio. He's very shady and will always stip his way out of paying.

Quick Reply: Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...