Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It was a loss for the furd because +44 tq > +15 hp. You should've known this......but you didn't.

Now read bitch then stfu. The last time we went through this you got your *** kicked.....just like what's happening to jc.

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tec...-up-gen-i-sbc/

Made 900 in mild form. Full kill is 1100+.......on a ******* gm head

A small block should be a small block.....not a larger version of the smaller version with a bigblock bell housing pattern.

There are so many sbc builds out there that there is no reason for me to post every ****** one that would out power your ever changing ******* criteria.
So in hio land, +44 tq -15 hp = Chevy win, but ford + 130hp is still a chevy win. Sounds like denial to me there Hillary.

Find me a cam only SBC that can exceed 500HP, if they're so plentiful.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

SBF's are also good in many ways. Of course I'm on a GM board. Anyone who has ever looked at an engine taken apart and thinks they aren't a better design all around has an IQ much more fitting for a Ford website. I don't go trolling on Ford sights because I don't need to. I was taught an early age not to argue with a retard. People will walk by and not know which one is which. LOL On a serious note I'm not one of the Fan Boy types that look at there preferred brand as a person that is there hero. They are all just corporations that buy, trade, and steal ideas and employees.

Haha, edit. I just found this to give an example. GM didn't invent or design **** here. They just bought the folks that did. Kind of like when they bought Lotus and when Ford went to international for a decent diesel engine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN1CE1IS

Last edited by codyvette; 10-09-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by codyvette
SBF's are also good in many ways. Of course I'm on a GM board. Anyone who has ever looked at an engine taken apart and thinks they aren't a better design all around has an IQ much more fitting for a Ford website. I don't go trolling on Ford sights because I don't need to. I was taught an early age not to argue with a retard. People will walk by and not know which one is which. LOL On a serious note I'm not one of the Fan Boy types that look at there preferred brand as a person that is there hero. They are all just corporations that buy, trade, and steal ideas and employees.

Haha, edit. I just found this to give an example. GM didn't invent or design **** here. They just bought the folks that did. Kind of like when they bought Lotus and when Ford went to international for a decent diesel engine.

Honestly, I have a cold and I am off work. I'm bored, so that's why I'm picking on Hio. Anyone with a brain can see that he is incapable of admitting that GM isn't god and will do anything to keep that perception intact.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You noticed that as well? He is no worse than the other camps though. At least he is not on a Ford sight trolling, or he might be for all I know. At the end of the day, who really gives a ****. I wish it would stop ******* g up good SR&K videos though. I am at work so I am probably more board than you. LMFAO
Old 10-09-2017, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Just being sarcastic. You aren't the one on a chevy forum claiming why Fords are so great. I find it amusing.

I could give two ***** as to who is "better". To each their own. I'm def a GM guy for life, but I'd never ignore a solid Ford product. One of my favorite cars was my 91. 5.0. Still dream about that thing. Can spot Fox body lights coming down the road from three miles away, lol. Spent many years obsessed with them.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I still have my fox. I will never get rid of it
Old 10-09-2017, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

One of the reasons I've seen why a SBC gets picked over a SBF is simple.. Width..
The ford is a tick wider and doesn't fit in some of the narrow nose hotrods with the hood on..
Only a deal breaker on a Model T roadster..
Old 10-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Just being sarcastic. You aren't the one on a chevy forum claiming why Fords are so great. I find it amusing.

I could give two ***** as to who is "better". To each their own. I'm def a GM guy for life, but I'd never ignore a solid Ford product. One of my favorite cars was my 91. 5.0. Still dream about that thing. Can spot Fox body lights coming down the road from three miles away, lol. Spent many years obsessed with them.
Agreed, I have owned Mopar, GM and Fords and have no preference or favorite. As long as it is American and fast, I could give two ***** what make it is.
Currently, I am on a Ford kick but this could change at any time.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Agreed, I have owned Mopar, GM and Fords and have no preference or favorite. As long as it is American and fast, I could give two ***** what make it is.
Currently, I am on a Ford kick but this could change at any time.
Same, only I've had Nissan, Mazda, and Honda on that list. Truth told, my favorite motor so far is the 5.7L hemi. The power to me feels like someone crossed a vortec 350 with an LS1. It has a ton of torque down low and pulls hard on the top end.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JC316
Same, only I've had Nissan, Mazda, and Honda on that list. Truth told, my favorite motor so far is the 5.7L hemi. The power to me feels like someone crossed a vortec 350 with an LS1. It has a ton of torque down low and pulls hard on the top end.
Out of all the Hemi choices your favorite is the 5.7l? Lmao.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Teching In

No Japanese cars for me though. I did own one once (94 Sentra 1.6L) and pretty much folded it in half after doing a Dukes of Hazzard jump over train tracks @60mph with rusted out rocker panels. Doors did not close afterwards so it got junked. Those were some fun times.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

So in hio land, +44 tq -15 hp = Chevy win, but ford + 130hp is still a chevy win. Sounds like denial to me there Hillary.

Find me a cam only SBC that can exceed 500HP, if they're so plentiful.
Yea mr hillary.....44tq is always > 15hp.

You do realize hp is a calculation right. The only thing that moves you is tq.

They're out there man. But it's not like your cam only bullshit was really cam only with a rebuilt bottom probably done up right and milled heads. Cam only would be cam only. But just like hillary you tried hiding ****. Then expected a response. You got it.....lol

Sbf's are pretty much **** till you go aftermarket. Once you go there it is pretty much up to the combo you choose. The aftermarket head companies saved the sbf from becoming obsolete. Back in the day (80s)if you sprayed one you better have a spare set of head gaskets laying around.

Hated goin 4wheeling with guys that had furds to......first puddle you came across you were pulling them out to dry their distributer.

Companies buy and sell companies all the time. Didn't know this was news.

Honestly, I have a cold and I am off work. I'm bored, so that's why I'm picking on Hio. Anyone with a brain can see that he is incapable of admitting that GM isn't god and will do anything to keep that perception intact.
You not pucking on ****. Only thing you're accomplishing is showing how ******* stupid you are.

How bout you build a furd to leave the 14s. Show us something other than mouth or links hillary. You talk and don't put up like a mouthy bitch.

You noticed that as well? He is no worse than the other camps though. At least he is not on a Ford sight trolling, or he might be for all I know. At the end of the day, who really gives a ****. I wish it would stop ******* g up good SR&K videos though. I am at work so I am probably more board than you. LMFAO
I'm not on furd websites.

Yes.....jc ***** *** bitch shoukd stop ******* up srk with **** he never backs up.

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
One of the reasons I've seen why a SBC gets picked over a SBF is simple.. Width..
The ford is a tick wider and doesn't fit in some of the narrow nose hotrods with the hood on..
Only a deal breaker on a Model T roadster..
The reason mostly is parts interchangeability. That is the biggest forte of a sbc along with **** tons of parts and you don't have to search out any special **** to easily make over 400+hp with them and can turn them 7k with stock **** all day. 8k with good stock parts.

400+ci is easily available with stock parts also. No bigger block needed.

This shows what a ******* total dumbass you are.

My 6.0 2500hd smokes hemis in the same configuration. ......hell even the 1/2 ton ones.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
He's a ******* idiot.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Only modern version that I've had experience with. I'll wind up with a 6.1L eventually.

Yea mr hillary.....44tq is always > 15hp.

You do realize hp is a calculation right. The only thing that moves you is tq.

They're out there man. But it's not like your cam only bullshit was really cam only with a rebuilt bottom probably done up right and milled heads. Cam only would be cam only. But just like hillary you tried hiding ****. Then expected a response. You got it.....lol

You not pucking on ****. Only thing you're accomplishing is showing how ******* stupid you are.

Yes.....jc ***** *** bitch shoukd stop ******* up srk with **** he never backs up.

This shows what a ******* total dumbass you are.

My 6.0 2500hd smokes hemis in the same configuration. ......hell even the 1/2 ton ones.

He's a ******* idiot.

Hmm, seems like I struck a nerve there. If hp is just the number, I guess the L98 is better than the LT1, due to the L98 having more torque. A cummins turbo diesel must be the best motor on the planet.

I've had 6.0L trucks, they ain't smoking ****, definitely not a 1500 hemi.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only modern version that I've had experience with. I'll wind up with a 6.1L eventually.

Hmm, seems like I struck a nerve there. If hp is just the number, I guess the L98 is better than the LT1, due to the L98 having more torque. A cummins turbo diesel must be the best motor on the planet.

Yeah cause **** the 6.4l, right?
Old 10-09-2017, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
400m was a piece of ****. So was the Cleveland

the 351c was not a piece of ****, not even close in boss and cobra jet form.

it was horse **** from the factory in any other form. I was there lol.

400m had an issue. I know all of you can google it, but i bet maybe not.

ford attempted to free up rotating restriction by retarding the exhaust cam lobes.

edit: I just looked up the wiki. it says the cam was retarded, but that isn't correct. it was just the exhaust cam lobes lol.

in other words it had a very wide lobe separation the the cams phased to retard the exhaust cams far enough to free up part throttle economy.

it did not work. it wasn't even close. it was horrible. so...it had 8.2:1 compression with reversion losses and a natural "EGR". add a high percentage of inert gasses to combustion, you get even less power than a retarded exhaust lobe by itself yields.

ford made an attempt.....IMO... to do what chevy does. add cubic inches to an inherent power problem. that also didn't work.

you get 8 mpg, reversion losses, hot gasses in combustion, a 2 BBL variable venturi carb that also never worked. just etc etc etc.

my father owned a 74 mercury MX....it wasn't too long after we had the car Dad had to dick with the carb all the time. a family of 4 getting into a MX.

Dad was a ford man back then. the MX was decent in Europe on the autobahn.

that car passed everything but a gas station.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Its all a balance man. You know nothing about that hence you've never left the 14s.

6.0>hemi. The only hemis they maybe won't smoke are the new 8speed ones. I haven't ran one of those yet. In a comparable configured truck it's a no contest. Hell even the 5.3 giclves the hemi all it wants in comparable trucks.....been there done that to.

Originally Posted by assasinator
the 351c was not a piece of ****, not even close in boss and cobra jet form.

it was horse **** from the factory in any other form. I was there lol.

400m had an issue. I know all of you can google it, but i bet maybe not.

ford attempted to free up rotating restriction by retarding the exhaust cam lobes.

edit: I just looked up the wiki. it says the cam was retarded, but that isn't correct. it was just the exhaust cam lobes lol.

in other words it had a very wide lobe separation the the cams phased to retard the exhaust cams far enough to free up part throttle economy.

it did not work. it wasn't even close. it was horrible. so...it had 8.2:1 compression with reversion losses and a natural "EGR". add a high percentage of inert gasses to combustion, you get even less power than a retarded exhaust lobe by itself yields.

ford made an attempt.....IMO... to do what chevy does. add cubic inches to an inherent power problem. that also didn't work.

you get 8 mpg, reversion losses, hot gasses in combustion, a 2 BBL variable venturi carb that also never worked. just etc etc etc.

my father owned a 74 mercury MX....it wasn't too long after we had the car Dad had to dick with the carb all the time. a family of 4 getting into a MX.

Dad was a ford man back then. the MX was decent in Europe on the autobahn.

that car passed everything but a gas station.
So you could if just agreed earlier when we ssid they were a pos.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The SBC is better in most ways than the old school Pontiac, Buick, and Oldsmobile so that's the route it went. :

woah hold on there just one second.

SBC does not hold a candle to Pontiac.

a 350 Pontiac murdered SBC in 1969.

VERY CONSERVATIVELY rated at 330hp, the 350 Pontiac pulled like a big block. it did so because it had big block heads.

be careful when you say SBC is better than everything out there. Pontiac was winning nascar races where there WAS no SBC.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

earlier when we ssid they were a pos.
you were not precisely right. you use extremism and generalities.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hio post up a vid of the run.

I wasn't the only one that caught that. The abundance of car knowledge is apparent.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
woah hold on there just one second.

SBC does not hold a candle to Pontiac.

a 350 Pontiac murdered SBC in 1969.

VERY CONSERVATIVELY rated at 330hp, the 350 Pontiac pulled like a big block. it did so because it had big block heads.

be careful when you say SBC is better than everything out there. Pontiac was winning nascar races where there WAS no SBC.
Pontiac dominated for about a decade there

Quick Reply: Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...