Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT350 vs 135i

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
I am the most objective and non-biased ************ in here. I've owned c5z06, LS3 5g camaro ss, currently daily drive a 600+ rwhp car. I just like badass cars. I got to drive/rag on a base 350 (with 3 people in the car) and I can tell you that the 350 is most certainly not a dog at any point in the powerband.
Which brings us back to the start of this conversation....

My brother has one and my buddy has one so we will have to agree to disagree
Old 10-31-2017, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I'm sure it runs plenty good. Just not as good as i think it should. Lets face it.....it only competes with the z28. That was a 10yr old engine and a chassis that has it's roots as a caprice.

So eith the old 5gen was just that good or this thing is a bit of a let down ti be latest greatest stuff.

Even the 6gen in 1le form tied the gt350r at vir further convincing me the gt350s are just a bit over rated.

Great looking car tho. Cool concept....exicution just lacking a bit.
The Z28 is a moster though. Set the standard for a new era of muscle cars turned sports cars. You and I know how good the 5g chassis was. Not to mention the monster LS7.

6g ss 1le is newer and its a other monster of a car.

350s are a bit expensive but they are also specialty vehicles, so you are gonna be paying for the rarity factor. They did a good job with them IMO.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
Which brings us back to the start of this conversation....

My brother has one and my buddy has one so we will have to agree to disagree
We can agree to disagree but you should at least ask them to let you drive it (not just ride), so you can make proper judgement.

This whole deal is kinda like someome complaining that a 2017 GSX-R 600 is gutless in the lower RPMs. Lol
Old 10-31-2017, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

It's not like they don't have enough power to pull themself. But when you go comparing the power curve of the ls7 to the 5.poo then it makes the 5.poo look a little lacking till the ls7 turns off.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:26 PM
Teching In

It's not like they don't have enough power to pull themself. But when you go comparing the power curve of the ls7 to the 5.poo then it makes the 5.poo look a little lacking till the ls7 turns off.
Agreed but we are talking about the package not just the motor. 350 as a whole works just fine.

Saying it is a dog (at any RPM) is like saying the LS7 z28 is a dog, which we both know aint the case.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now we're comparing a 315ci high revving motor to a 427ci stump puller? Wowzers.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Agreed but we are talking about the package not just the motor. 350 as a whole works just fine.

Saying it is a dog (at any RPM) is like saying the LS7 z28 is a dog, which we both know aint the case.
But looking at the power curves it's easy to see why they say the 5.poo is lacking at lower and even mid range power.

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Now we're comparing a 315ci high revving motor to a 427ci stump puller? Wowzers.
Well yea......i latest greatest flat plane crank 32v vvti all the **** furd could throw at it to make power vs a 2v pushrod no cam phaser 10 yr older engine.

Why your dumbass asks???

Because that's wtf they offer you moron.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hiho forget one thing. One motor is 112ci bigger than other.

Thought you didn't care about low power anyway? Thing spins 8k+ rpm. You should love it. Nothing below 5k matters.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

I would like it if it wasn't working it's *** off for that power.....but it is.

So tell me soslo......might have to call you sdumb after you missed what i said to nate.

Wtf do i have to do with the displacement of either engine? I can only use what's offered.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

So tell me soslo......might have to call you sdumb after you missed what i said to nate.

Wtf do i have to do with the displacement of either engine? I can only use what's offered.
Uhhh. So LS6 or LS3 or LT1 engines are not offered?

I don't know what you really have to do with the displacements. You brought up the LS7. Yes the LS7 was more powerful to it's redline.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Works it's *** off for that power? Lmaooooooo so are you trying to say GM motors only work half as hard for their peak power?

*ford motor makes 500hp but works it's *** off for it even works over time for it*
*gm motor makes 500hp but works only half as hard, no over time*

​​​​​​​
Old 10-31-2017, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Lmfao it's always a win for Ford when there's a list of 19 excuses my GM cheerleading squad why the 427 cubic inch monster can keep up with a lowly 5.2.

Remember, class - every GM vehicle has a half second or more "left in it" just like every Ford has just run a hero time.

No wonder real life is so hard on GM cheer camp after they're fed the bullshit on here Hio wishes was true
Old 10-31-2017, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Tests i seen had the gt350 at 116 and the r at 119. Never seen a r go 121.

And in the hands of the people they don't even do that.Stfu *****. You're the cryingest bitch god ever created sperm95
Thanks again for backing into a corner and stopping while you're behind. Man it's been an easier habit than usual, to make you look stupid lately.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Uhhh. So LS6 or LS3 or LT1 engines are not offered?

I don't know what you really have to do with the displacements. You brought up the LS7. Yes the LS7 was more powerful to it's redline.
The ls7 is in the car that would be comparable is it not?

Just like the lt4 is in the car that is comparable now......well other than a 1le which tied the r at vir. But it's much cheaper and apparently beats the regular gt350

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Works it's *** off for that power? Lmaooooooo so are you trying to say GM motors only work half as hard for their peak power?

*ford motor makes 500hp but works it's *** off for it even works over time for it*
*gm motor makes 500hp but works only half as hard, no over time*

​​​​​​​
Rpm is work. The more rpm the harder the engine is working. Just how it is.

Yes the ls7 isn't working as hard. Even the cylinder pressure wouldn't be as high on the larger motor to make the same or even more power.

Originally Posted by snake95
Lmfao it's always a win for Ford when there's a list of 19 excuses my GM cheerleading squad why the 427 cubic inch monster can keep up with a lowly 5.2.

Remember, class - every GM vehicle has a half second or more "left in it" just like every Ford has just run a hero time.

No wonder real life is so hard on GM cheer camp after they're fed the bullshit on here Hio wishes was true
Oh look.....sperm95 has a mustang slower than mine.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

"I'm wrong and can't say anything to counter snake so I'll bring up how my race car Frankenstein boosted engine swap notch barely eeks out his NA 302 hatch"

I bet a wave of relief took over you when I said my clutch was toast
Old 10-31-2017, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Nope.....you woulda lost either way
Old 10-31-2017, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

You're my bitch, nothing new around here
Old 10-31-2017, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Lolz.....no. it didn't go down like that. Afyer all your mouth running abput my notch running 12s you're my bitch. My furd is faster than yours. Now all you do is cry like a bitch.

I don't even know anything abput furds but muh furd is faster than yours. ****.....how much do you suck mang
Old 11-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

You bought a blown up car as a favor to your buddy and had it repaired, and it was an engine swapped boosted termi notch. A trained monkey could do what you did. You running 11.5s at 121 with 470rwhp @3k raceweight on full race suspension proves you don't know what you're doing

So yes, you're my bitch. You never address anything I say because I make you look stupid to the point that your only option is to change the subject. You're still dense enough to be predictable at the same time, which is how I know you'll just respond with "snake irrelevant as usual" because you're stuttering as usual
Old 11-01-2017, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
You bought a blown up car as a favor to your buddy and had it repaired, and it was an engine swapped boosted termi notch. A trained monkey could do what you did. You running 11.5s at 121 with 470rwhp @3k raceweight on full race suspension proves you don't know what you're doing

So yes, you're my bitch. You never address anything I say because I make you look stupid to the point that your only option is to change the subject. You're still dense enough to be predictable at the same time, which is how I know you'll just respond with "snake irrelevant as usual" because you're stuttering as usual
No i didn't buy it to do anyone a favor. I bought it because i like the car. So now that i have squashed that and the fact that after all your mouth saying it was a 12sec car it actually wasn't was it

You see that's how you make someone your bitch. You prove them wrong.......not spew more lying **** like you do bitch.

I mostly ignore the lies you spew. Hit the high points and roll on. Now i think i addressed all your dumbass issues in this post

Clean up isle 4. Bring a mop for sperm95 tears.

Quick Reply: GT350 vs 135i