Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
No a Mexican grandmother
Nana is sensitive
Old 03-04-2018, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I would rather be slow in heads up racing than lose for going too fast. Every pass I make I'm trying to go the fastest I've ever been.
I definitely understand what you mean. I do bracket race much different than 99% of the bracket racers. I run my car ***** out every pass and try and get my dial in right on the window. I'm simply saying you are in a bracket weather you like it or not. I also have more than one car for different kinds of racing. I enjoy pretty much all of it, even roll racing. Though I try not to act like a dick face because someone races a different type of racing than me, I do try to see each type for what they are. To each his own.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Snowmobile racing ftw
Old 03-04-2018, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
No a Mexican grandmother
That would be an Abuela
Old 03-05-2018, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.H
OP, Never said I don't understand. The only thing that I don't get is why you're refusing to entertain their ideas to get more out of your car. FWIW Doug and I don't really get along.

The point of modifying a car is to make it faster, no?
No prob. I'm going to try & explain what my car is. For you & others.

My 01 SS was purchased as a 100% stock car with 37k miles on it. The first things I did to the car was replace all the stamped steel suspension components, along with sway bars, & T/A relocation cross member. I drove & enjoyed the car for about 2 years like this. The only other things that I did were install an SLP lid & K&N filter. After a while the long tube headers & ORY were installed. Along with dyno tune. Drove the car for maybe another year. Put the new wheels/tires on. Then the H/C/I bug bit me. After some BS with a shitty shop the 383 combo became the new engine in the car. Since then I've done a few little upgrades as VP, intake manifold porting, 2" headers, etc.

Say the stock car, lid/filter, was putting down around 320rwhp & trapping around 104-105mph in 1/4. We'll also say the car is the same weight as stock as I think it's a bit above. No way to be sure there as I still haven't weighed it. So a rise of around 160-170rwhp along with a rise of around 16-17mph, in 1/4, seems pretty on par to me. Unless I'm wrong and the car just runs like ****.

To me I find it a fine line to "tell" someone how to modify their vehicle. What if you tell someone to do something & they don't like it? Whose problem is it then? Why communication is a good thing & hiho never listened to me. Only told me what to do & how my car is **** & runs like ****. It's not his car. He seems to like very much to get people to do what he wants to their car. I won't do that. Communication & peoples opinions are good. When I talk to people about combinations there are lots & lots of questions I ask them. Because I want them to be happy with what they get. Not just "that's what I would do".

Maybe it's just that I really don't need much more from my car right now. As I've said I'm very happy with it. Yes it is slow to most people on the net. I can get into trouble in it very fast. It's fast enough for now. It's not a race car or track oriented.

Hope this help splain it for you & others. Thank you to all for your ideas.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

OP, your car runs exactly like it should given the mods, weight, gearing, etc...And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that whatsoever. If you're happy with the way it is then screw everyone else