Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stupid question about you guys with 800+

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Floorman279
solid axle is still confirmed to top launch harder than IRS. starting to think now tho that once moving IRS puts power down better
i can't agree that is confirmed. I just think there is more examples of sra cars and the simplicity of it works for most hard core drag racing. I mean what's the logic in irs providing more traction once moving vs a dig? The same forces still apply. Lots of irs cars pulling 1.5 60s or better with nearly stock or in some cases stock suspension and they look more controled than even the most recent sra cars. Lets not forget everything is irs now so that it is still being developed.....and it don't look like cars are goin from 0-60 slower because they can't put power done out the hole.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
You just gotta know your car man. I got used to it pretty fast. And ease into it. The throttle is not an on and off switch.
Lol he asked about 800hp cars not slow *** NA cars.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Jake is best troll
Old 05-06-2018, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Wrong, bitchtits. Way faster than anything you got.
Don't even go there dipshit, You know I'm close enough to prove you wrong but you just keeping running your mouth instead of running your car. I left it up to you to pick the track and the date and all I hear is crickets.....The rest of the people on here may think you're funny or a troll but you're just pathetic.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never am on the throttle in the turns, but when I’m straight and get on it the car only wants to break loose at lower mph and if it does it’s usually not pushing one way or the other that hard to make me **** my pants. Truth be told I don’t like going fast on a street pull so I’m usually out of it at the top of 2nd.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

so the advice is don't try to really accelerate hard through corners and u should be ok......
Old 05-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
Don't even go there dipshit, You know I'm close enough to prove you wrong but you just keeping running your mouth instead of running your car. I left it up to you to pick the track and the date and all I hear is crickets.....The rest of the people on here may think you're funny or a troll but you're just pathetic.
So when will you be here to get that turd eviscerated, you twinkle toe'd **** smoker?
Old 05-06-2018, 09:04 PM
9 Second Club

so the advice is don't try to really accelerate hard through corners and u should be ok......
maybe, I dunno. Listen to RedFury, he obviously knows more than anyone in this thread about having a high horsepower car.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Years ago I put over 700 down through a stalled auto in my Formy. It was fun to scare passengers breaking the drag radials loose at 70+mph. They'd turn white as a ghost, lol. Seriously though, I would never bring all the power in while cornering. It did have coil overs and a full BMR suspension but still the power would come on fast enough to surprise you. I never pushed it to it's full cornering potential but it was a blast to drive.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
lolz.....crazy how a few years ago i was castrated in here for saying irs cars hook better and now it's becoming the norm.

How'd just wheeling it work for your h/c c6z?
worked great no wrecks
Old 05-06-2018, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Spoken like someone that would be better off in a prius.

no....the advice is that you gonna need 2 different set ups like i already splained unless you buy something like a zr1. Even then you gonna need different tires for what you wanna do.

for handling tires are very important. I run r compounds. They can hook decent. But typically you whip the sidewalls outta them before the tread goes away if you really work them. Finding neutral in your car takes a bit of effort. Usually you adjust for the mean of the middle. Have a slight push with a full tank of gas and tad loose at the end of the tank.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:24 AM
TECH Junkie

So when will you be here to get that turd eviscerated
First you might want to look up the meaning of the word eviscerated means lol You might want to clean up your language this site does have some younger users and I'm sure the mods will agree with me.
I'll make a deal with you.... You name the track and the day that you can be there and like my offer was before we can run for 1 or 2k and as I side bet.... Winner gets to punch the loser in the face! Trust me I'll enjoy taking your money and breaking your jaw! Name the track and time... You know I'm close enough to make the drive so don't think for a second I'm kidding. Either run your car or shut up buttercup.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:13 AM
Banned

First you might want to look up the meaning of the word eviscerated means lol You might want to clean up your language this site does have some younger users and I'm sure the mods will agree with me.
I'll make a deal with you.... You name the track and the day that you can be there and like my offer was before we can run for 1 or 2k and as I side bet.... Winner gets to punch the loser in the face! Trust me I'll enjoy taking your money and breaking your jaw! Name the track and time... You know I'm close enough to make the drive so don't think for a second I'm kidding. Either run your car or shut up buttercup.
i know exactly what the word means, you pedantic pile of cow flop. I know wayyyyy more words than you do. And you couldn't beat your way out of a wet paper bag, you semen suckin fart flower. When will you be here so I can prove that you're nothing more than a nutless little bitch?
Old 05-07-2018, 01:53 AM
TECH Junkie

. When will you be here
Apparently your reading comprehension must be lacking. Like I said in other posts and this one, You tell me what track and what day you want to run and I'll be there. Money has to be put up before I load up, I'm not stupid enough to load up and drive to you just to have to not show up and claim you were there. If either one of us is a no show then the other collects the money. I have $2,000 I can put up....How much you want to run for? It has to be worthwhile, I'm not spending a few hundred to race you and not make a profit. You saw my truck and car .....which one do you want to lose to? S-10 with a stock 6.0 and a little boost.
Or the vintage champ car with a little old small block but only weighs 1700lbs.

I don't care which one you choose after all you car can beat either one right?
Old 05-07-2018, 02:52 AM
Banned

Apparently your reading comprehension must be lacking. Like I said in other posts and this one, You tell me what track and what day you want to run and I'll be there. Money has to be put up before I load up, I'm not stupid enough to load up and drive to you just to have to not show up and claim you were there. If either one of us is a no show then the other collects the money. I have $2,000 I can put up....How much you want to run for? It has to be worthwhile, I'm not spending a few hundred to race you and not make a profit. You saw my truck and car .....which one do you want to lose to? S-10 with a stock 6.0 and a little boost.

So you're scared to come get mopped the **** up, that's all you had to say, pipsqueak. My badass **** ls1 will rape the **** out of your mom's car.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:21 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
i can't agree that is confirmed. I just think there is more examples of sra cars and the simplicity of it works for most hard core drag racing. I mean what's the logic in irs providing more traction once moving vs a dig? The same forces still apply. Lots of irs cars pulling 1.5 60s or better with nearly stock or in some cases stock suspension and they look more controled than even the most recent sra cars. Lets not forget everything is irs now so that it is still being developed.....and it don't look like cars are goin from 0-60 slower because they can't put power done out the hole.
IRS definitely seems to better stock for stock and IRS can take you a long ways but SRAis still better for the heavy hitters.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Teching In

You just gotta know your car man. I got used to it pretty fast. And ease into it. The throttle is not an on and off switch.
its easy to control your 300hp car losing to 2 valves LMAO
Old 05-07-2018, 07:45 AM
TECH Veteran

looks like a call out was made, and was never responded to, to me!
Old 05-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bjamick

looks like a call out was made, and was never responded to, to me!
lol the story of his life. He will only join if other members on here chip in money to see him race. If he denies this ill show you his post about it
Old 05-07-2018, 08:02 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Can't you guys learn how to talk like grown ups - watch the insults and threats