Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2018 10r80 5.0 vs c6 cam vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
You sound like BS.

Yea tell everyone with different cars how to all do it the same way.
There are basics to this. If you over look them you get a poor performing turd like you have.
Who said "gearing and rotating mass has nothing to do with anything once moving"?
you guys.....dug just about traction. You seemed to agree with that.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea because gearing and rotating mass has nothing to do with anything once moving right
Both affect torque. Gearing is a torque multiplier depending on gear ratio while acceleration is affected by the amount of force applied to a given amount of mass.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

i drove my car to the track when it ran 10s and i drove it home in the rain.........on tires i didn't have to slow down on to boot. Wasn't gutted for a hero pass.....no special fuel......no race brakes.....3/4 tank of gas....didn't bypass ps either. Had all muh dd junk in it that day also. Satisfied?

I've ran 11.5 on my 18s running out of gear. Drove it there that day to.

are you really stupid enough to not adjust your air pressure? Yea i know all i need to know about your dumbass.

ooohhh....so his trapulator guessed 125 car

well lets not forget the 2 5gens that out ran you and 1 outran him. One of which ran a 121 trap and the other didn't make it to the 120s.
Ok. Good job. Also in positive DA correct? So Phils LS3 vette really isn't any faster than your car? Cuz your car prolly runs 10.5 now two right? Or was it 9's? Just like you don't seem to be satisfied wit my car. Vice versa.

Why adjust my tire pressure? No need biatch. A good 2nd gear "John Force" burn out & my tires will hook. Or do you mean for the big end or something. Explain. Retard.

Better than your guess

Maybe it's me. I only remember running one hero H/C/I 5th gen. Who stated he was the fastest, N/A LS3 5th gen, around(sofla) on the street. In person. I'm not typing all the BS again. It doesn't matter to you. We were a good run. I heard Gus beat him.. I know Gus is faster than him. Explain.

Last edited by SoFla01SSLookinstok; 06-01-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Both affect torque. Gearing is a torque multiplier depending on gear ratio while acceleration is affected by the amount of force applied to a given amount of mass.
actually neither affect tq output. But both affect acceleration.

Ok. Good job. Also in positive DA correct? So Phils LS3 vette really isn't any faster than your car? Cuz your car prolly runs 10.5 now two right? Or was it 9's? Just like you don't seem to be satisfied wit my car. Vice versa.

Why adjust my tire pressure? No need biatch. A good 2nd gear "John Force" burn out & my tires will hook. Or do you mean for the big end or something. Explain. Retard.

Better than your guess

Maybe it's me. I only remember running one hero H/C/I 5th gen. Who stated he was the fastest, N/A LS3 5th gen, around(sofla) on the street. In person. I'm not typing all the BS again. It doesn't matter to you. We were a good run. I heard Gus beat him.. I know Gus is faster than him. Explain.
It might have been -200 that day. But it was a no prep street event. And since i can't control da i have to take whats given to me. But i can control the air pressure in my tires.......which is more effective than da.

phils car and mine would no doubt be neck and neck. Shouldn't be no suprise after my changes. I'll probably have more mph tho. But yea 10.5 shouldn't be a issue.

oh so you didn't have traction problems after a 2nd gear burnout and still ran shitty. Muh bad

I thought you ran bambi 5gen also. I think amag beat gus. Or bambi beat guss and amag beat bambi......some kinda **** like that. Either way neither went as fast as a certain 1le did at the track with only bolt ons and they beat your turd with a lesser trapping car from a roll.

​​​
Old 06-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Teching In

actually neither affect tq output. But both affect acceleration.

​​​
Gearing is a torque multiplier/rpm divider. I use gear boxes with various AC motors with VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) quite a bit for manufacturing process. The practice has been around for a long time.
Based on motor nameplate, motors make a certain amount of HP at a listed RPM. By using a gear box with different ratios, we can control how much torque we need for a certain function.

Last edited by MACHXLR8; 06-01-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

It might have been -200 that day. But it was a no prep street event. And since i can't control da i have to take whats given to me. But i can control the air pressure in my tires.......which is more effective than da.

phils car and mine would no doubt be neck and neck. Shouldn't be no suprise after my changes. I'll probably have more mph tho. But yea 10.5 shouldn't be a issue.

oh so you didn't have traction problems after a 2nd gear burnout and still ran shitty. Muh bad

I thought you ran bambi 5gen also. I think amag beat gus. Or bambi beat guss and amag beat bambi......some kinda **** like that. Either way neither went as fast as a certain 1le did at the track with only bolt ons and they beat your turd with a lesser trapping car from a roll.

​​​
So it wasn't -800 or -1000. Good job then. Anything under 1k is awesome down here. We are blessed if we even get that sometimes. Whatever.

So your car does weigh in the 2xxxlb range? Or more ci, tq/hp, wit lightweight stuff, doesn't really mean much? Whatever.

Never had traction problems, at track, wit DRs. In case you forgot. It bogs pretty shitty even on a 5k launch, just over 1 sec clutch slip, into the 2k rpms. Ooops. (Just for reference my car is still not in it's powerband, above 4500rpm, in first gear at just after the sixty foot, as you say, to tell of a cars roll performance. Closer but still skewed.)

Never ran Bambi. Think I saw him at the track a couple times. Now he's TT I think. OK. One thing I like about Duck races. What he's stated they are for. Lots of people talks ****, online, about being the fastest here, or there, with this or that. Everybody race at same track same day. Nothing you can really say if someone is faster. Cuts all the BS!! The LS meet that you guys got going is awesome. Hope one day I can meet all you guys. Yes, you too hiho.

If a car is around my level of performance. The only way to know who is faster is to race. Number showing is fun sometimes.

Last edited by SoFla01SSLookinstok; 06-01-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Gearing is a torque multiplier/rpm divider. I use gear boxes with various AC motors quite a bit for manufacturing process. The practice has been around for a long time.
Based on motor nameplate, motors make a certain amount of HP at a listed RPM. By using a gear box with different ratios, we can control how much torque we need for a certain function.
It still doesn't change output. It only multiplies tq with gear......which also becomes speed related. You can gain more working tq with gearing but not engine tq. To gain working tq you slow the speed down with gear for electric motors......or target a speed.

i think we're on the same track.

So it wasn't -800 or -1000. Good job then. Anything under 1k is awesome down here. We are blessed if we even get that sometimes. Whatever.

So your car does weigh in the 2xxxlb range? Or more ci, tq/hp, wit lightweight stuff, doesn't really mean much? Whatever.

Never had traction problems, at track, wit DRs. In case you forgot. It bogs pretty shitty even on a 5k launch, just over 1 sec clutch slip, into the 2k rpms. Ooops. (Just for reference my car is still not in it's powerband, above 4500rpm, in first gear at just after the sixty foot, as you say, to tell of a cars roll performance. Closer but still skewed.)

Never ran Bambi. Think I saw him at the track a couple times. Now he's TT I think. OK. One thing I like about Duck races. What he's stated they are for. Lots of people talks ****, online, about being the fastest here, or there, with this or that. Everybody race at same track same day. Nothing you can really say if someone is faster. Cuts all the BS!! The LS meet that you guys got going is awesome. Hope one day I can meet all you guys. Yes, you too hiho.

If a car is around my level of performance. The only way to know who is faster is to race. Number showing is fun sometimes.
I've ran 11.2 13ish in 2k da also. But that was the first time out with the 9" and it didn't want to move....*** end felt like it was a sponge taking off. Changed the angle of the lowers and put a short tq arm on it and it went better. Long arm is back on it now but i modified it so i have full adjustability.

my car has various wheights. The 3250 rw last time out is accurate. I can run it lighter.....it is lighter now. It lost 30lb of rotating weight since then.

your 5k launch is bogus. Basically what's goin on is your idling at 5k w/o applying power. That's why it pulls down to 2k....i had a Hella time beating this into phils head. But he finally got it after pointing it out on logs. You have to add throttle as you're slipping the clutch or it just pulls the motor down.

Really you would be better at starting from a lower rpm and catching it all on the up swing vs pulling the engine down from 5k. Start at 3k then add power sooner. 3k rpm launches done like that should net 60s in the 1.7 range.

bambi is tt now and amag overlooked alot of stuff to get to h/c. Some of it more effective than h/c arguably. Phils bolt on 1le made more power than amag h/c set up. Which is not uncommon. ....just not what h/c guys want to hear. From comparing the dyno charts amag had a little more in the very upper rpm but lost out errywhere else. Not really what you want in a heavy car.

sure man..come to the next meat. Hopefully i can bring my junk to that one.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Gm cars are amazing
Old 06-01-2018, 03:04 PM
Teching In

It still doesn't change output. It only multiplies tq with gear......which also becomes speed related. You can gain more working tq with gearing but not engine tq. To gain working tq you slow the speed down with gear for electric motors......or target a speed.

Yes...I agree.
See, who says you cant agree with a guy who owns a Ford...
Old 06-01-2018, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

I've ran 11.2 13ish in 2k da also. But that was the first time out with the 9" and it didn't want to move....*** end felt like it was a sponge taking off. Changed the angle of the lowers and put a short tq arm on it and it went better. Long arm is back on it now but i modified it so i have full adjustability.

my car has various wheights. The 3250 rw last time out is accurate. I can run it lighter.....it is lighter now. It lost 30lb of rotating weight since then.

your 5k launch is bogus. Basically what's goin on is your idling at 5k w/o applying power. That's why it pulls down to 2k....i had a Hella time beating this into phils head. But he finally got it after pointing it out on logs. You have to add throttle as you're slipping the clutch or it just pulls the motor down.

Really you would be better at starting from a lower rpm and catching it all on the up swing vs pulling the engine down from 5k. Start at 3k then add power sooner. 3k rpm launches done like that should net 60s in the 1.7 range.

bambi is tt now and amag overlooked alot of stuff to get to h/c. Some of it more effective than h/c arguably. Phils bolt on 1le made more power than amag h/c set up. Which is not uncommon. ....just not what h/c guys want to hear. From comparing the dyno charts amag had a little more in the very upper rpm but lost out errywhere else. Not really what you want in a heavy car.

sure man..come to the next meat. Hopefully i can bring my junk to that one.
Only time for one more post. The launch. My 5k launch is not bogus. I don't have a 2 step first off. Yes it is basically idling at 5k. As soon as my left foot starts to come up I mat my right foot. I can show you on my log that as soon as you see vehicle movement I'm at 100% throttle.

It's either burn up my clutch or bog. You know what I do & why now. I'll be back later.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

I guarantee you are not goin wot till 20+ mph.

phil nor i have a 2step either.

​​​put that gear in that pos to. I know you have them
Old 06-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Without quoting I’d like to say a few things.....

1. Gus is a 124-125 car, his race with me was similar to the Procharged 5gen with E85 and cam. He ran Soflo and managed to pull slightly, soflo traps 122.

2. No local 5gen beat Gus, Bambi couldn’t pull him with HCI e85.

3. Lets not forget v8eater trapped what he trapped in a modded but not WR car, Gus’ car easily outweighs the typical bro by 300lbs.

4. Gus has run neck and neck with plenty of cammed and HC STREET CAR ls3 vettes.

anything else the crew want to assume from 1000 miles away?
Old 06-01-2018, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

But yet th OP of this thread has a 125+ car and got beat by a slow shifting 490 rwhp mild cam only ls3 vette.

IMO a strong heads cam vette would **** all over a 125 car. Not even in the same power to weight universe
Old 06-01-2018, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Who ever said OP has a 125mph car? He’s fairly close or slightly ahead of buster and that’s a 119mph with weak 60fts
Old 06-01-2018, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Without quoting I’d like to say a few things.....

1. Gus is a 124-125 car, his race with me was similar to the Procharged 5gen with E85 and cam. He ran Soflo and managed to pull slightly, soflo traps 122.

2. No local 5gen beat Gus, Bambi couldn’t pull him with HCI e85.

3. Lets not forget v8eater trapped what he trapped in a modded but not WR car, Gus’ car easily outweighs the typical bro by 300lbs.

4. Gus has run neck and neck with plenty of cammed and HC STREET CAR ls3 vettes.

anything else the crew want to assume from 1000 miles away?
1. Gus hasn't trapped 124-125

2. Yes those 5gen ran very close back and 4th runs with gus. 121 has been their highest trap

3. v8eatr only tied a certain bolt on 1le

4. We proved that any h/c ls3 vette not trapping well over 130 is not what it should be. The cam only vette in this vid would very likely get outrun by a certain bolt on ls3 vette. Just because it's cammed or h/c doesn't mean it runs as it should. Way more fucked up combos than there are goid ones out there.

5. Gus plays games with his junk.it has the **** geared out of it and he wants to pick the best runs for him even if he gives away the other runs. Basically what he does is catch the other guys in their shift to 5th then shut down at the top of his 5th.
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
But yet th OP of this thread has a 125+ car and got beat by a slow shifting 490 rwhp mild cam only ls3 vette.

IMO a strong heads cam vette would **** all over a 125 car. Not even in the same power to weight universe
A strong bolt on ls3 vette will **** all over a 125 car. V8eatr wasn't even a contest. There's a vid of phil running poppa to. That's a 126+ car and he basically checks out on poppa.

btw...poppa took me for a ride in that thing and it is a awesome car. Vettes in general are way underated imo.
Who ever said OP has a 125mph car? He’s fairly close or slightly ahead of buster and that’s a 119mph with weak 60fts
You gonna see buster wake up here shortly.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

every bolt on a10 18+ gt with his mods has hit around that mph. In fact he has more than most that have hit 125. In any DA below 1500or so I bet his car goes 125 range

im guessing what’s hurting buster at the strip is what hurts all the manual lt1. Ridiculous tm and throttle closure. On high speed rolls not a factor. Buster should be 120+ as well imo.

i don’t expect my 125 car to run with a c6 vette with more hp unless he can’t drive or it’s a **** build

Old 06-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Teching In

1. Gus hasn't trapped 124-125

2. Yes those 5gen ran very close back and 4th runs with gus. 121 has been their highest trap

3. v8eatr only tied a certain bolt on 1le

4. We proved that any h/c ls3 vette not trapping well over 130 is not what it should be. The cam only vette in this vid would very likely get outrun by a certain bolt on ls3 vette. Just because it's cammed or h/c doesn't mean it runs as it should. Way more fucked up combos than there are goid ones out there.

5. Gus plays games with his junk.it has the **** geared out of it and he wants to pick the best runs for him even if he gives away the other runs. Basically what he does is catch the other guys in their shift to 5th then shut down at the top of his 5th.

A strong bolt on ls3 vette will **** all over a 125 car. V8eatr wasn't even a contest. There's a vid of phil running poppa to. That's a 126+ car and he basically checks out on poppa.

btw...poppa took me for a ride in that thing and it is a awesome car. Vettes in general are way underated imo.

You gonna see buster wake up here shortly.
Gus traps well over 121. there are bolt on WR bros down here that have trapped 122 and refuse to run him based on their runs with the same cars Gus has run. Like I said, LS3 in this video is LTs, mid pipe, cam, springs, intake. Thats it, stock weight, does you $10K in "bolt ons" ls3 out run it? yes, it also has 4 times the amount of money into it than this guy does. Gus runs anyone and at most speeds, he doesnt really discriminate much. I dont know what you mean by buster waking up shortly, Im talking about local 6gen camaro with bolt ons and MSD that traps 119ish.......who got pulled by gus by a decent amount.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

every bolt on a10 18+ gt with his mods has hit around that mph. In fact he has more than most that have hit 125. In any DA below 1500or so I bet his car goes 125 range

im guessing what’s hurting buster at the strip is what hurts all the manual lt1. Ridiculous tm and throttle closure. On high speed rolls not a factor. Buster should be 120+ as well imo.

i don’t expect my 125 car to run with a c6 vette with more hp unless he can’t drive or it’s a **** build

OP wont go 125 as is I dont believe. The vette in this video is likely a 125 car if he went to track.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

OP wont go 125 as is I dont believe. The vette in this video is likely a 125 car if he went to track.
if I raced the op I don’t know who would win honestly. If I had my drag pack on and 26 tall tires probably. Without I’m just not sure. I’d guess maybe a car if I’m lucky. The new a10 gt really run good imo

I’d be pretty surprised if he didn’t trap 125. But who knows I guess

which car is gus? Is it the FBO wr car on c85? It does run good but buster and swapped aren’t far off. Just a well placed mod or two away imo. I’d guess gus car and mine be a dead heat if it’s the car I’m thinking of. Which I guess is pretty accurate if he’s around 125
Old 06-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Yes, FBO, CJ, e85/C85 depends, gutted. Gus already ran buster, and soflo. Those are 2 confirmed 119 and 122 cars and gus pulled on both. With swapped pulling on buster a little bit that puts him at around 121. You and gus would likely be a close race but gus doesnt really do digs and your car shines in digs.