Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam/100 shot LS1 vs H/C LT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Do you have a hand held tuner or HP Tuner installed on a laptop? Wondering if you could look at the fuel pressure that way...maybe even trend it. I have an interceptor gauge on my A-pillar that reads all the computer parameter via the OBD-II port and fuel pressure is an available parameter.
I have torque pro on my phone. I can read stuff through the OBD-II port but I haven't seen that as an available parameter to read.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97TAsom
I have torque pro on my phone. I can read stuff through the OBD-II port but I haven't seen that as an available parameter to read.
Oh OK..Maybe a little different for a Furd but I would think that the fuel pressure would be an available parameter since it is read into the car's computer for various controls or error indication.
Take a look though. It may save you some time.
Good luck..
Old 06-19-2018, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Oh OK..Maybe a little different for a Furd but I would think that the fuel pressure would be an available parameter since it is read into the car's computer for various controls or error indication.
Take a look though. It may save you some time.
Good luck..
Well technically it IS an available parameter, but there's no sensor anywhere on the car to determine fuel pressure. GM should've put one somewhere on these cars but they didn't unfortunately
Old 06-19-2018, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i'd check fuel pressure ASAP. could be a bad FPR. I had a lean issue on my car and was swapping my stock fuel pump assembly with my walbro 255 fuel pump and was still running lean. turns out that both fpr were bad once I bought a new one!
Old 06-19-2018, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fst100
i'd check fuel pressure ASAP. could be a bad FPR. I had a lean issue on my car and was swapping my stock fuel pump assembly with my walbro 255 fuel pump and was still running lean. turns out that both fpr were bad once I bought a new one!
I'm going to check it as soon as I can. Hopefully it's something simple like a bad regulator.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

97TA you said it doesn’t change no matter what fuel jet?

Are you getting your fuel supply from the fuel rail?

And I need to know the exact placement of where the wideband is in the exhaust.

If the fuel pump is laying over, you pull fuel supply from the schrader valve on the rail, and if your o2 sensor is on the passenger side then all those cylinders are experiencing a lean condition most likely.

Downfall to o2 sensor dependency for datalogging is its always an average off the all the cylinders that’s putting exhaust flow across it.

You can learn a lot more about what’s going on with your engine while making a hit, immediately shutting the car off at the end of the pull and removing the spark plugs.

All cylinders could be lean, might only be one going very lean or completely dead on fuel. Like I said, the o2 sensor is only seeing an average of whatever cylinders are putting exhaust across it.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Prototype007
97TA you said it doesn’t change no matter what fuel jet?

Are you getting your fuel supply from the fuel rail?

And I need to know the exact placement of where the wideband is in the exhaust.

If the fuel pump is laying over, you pull fuel supply from the schrader valve on the rail, and if your o2 sensor is on the passenger side then all those cylinders are experiencing a lean condition most likely.

Downfall to o2 sensor dependency for datalogging is its always an average off the all the cylinders that’s putting exhaust flow across it.

You can learn a lot more about what’s going on with your engine while making a hit, immediately shutting the car off at the end of the pull and removing the spark plugs.

All cylinders could be lean, might only be one going very lean or completely dead on fuel. Like I said, the o2 sensor is only seeing an average of whatever cylinders are putting exhaust across it.
I am pulling fuel from the Schrader valve. The O2 sensor is after the driver side collector, about 6" before the pipes merge together into the Y. I've next pulled all the plugs, but I have made hit and pulled the #2 plug and it looked lean. I still have the picture, I posted a thread about it back when I did that. And when I change fuel jets, it doesn't affect it. This is why I think it's either the pump or regulator
Old 06-23-2018, 04:32 PM
Banned

Any fast street cars in your area that like to roll?
Old 06-23-2018, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by automach1
Any fast street cars in your area that like to roll?
Haha there's a bunch of guys here that will roll race. I like digs but I'll roll race for the fun of it. I got a friend that has a 13 GT500 with a 3.6 KB and he will do rolls. It's on like 8lb with headers and its tuned on 93
Old 06-23-2018, 04:41 PM
Banned

Haha there's a bunch of guys here that will roll race. I like digs but I'll roll race for the fun of it. I got a friend that has a 13 GT500 with a 3.6 KB and he will do rolls. It's on like 8lb with headers and its tuned on 93
Ha I was just curious if yall had alot of fast cars in the area. Once mine is 100% I will be looking for some out of town runs. I have been to Mobile a few times but nothing north of that.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Ha I was just curious if yall had alot of fast cars in the area. Once mine is 100% I will be looking for some out of town runs. I have been to Mobile a few times but nothing north of that.
There's a bunch of fast cars in the area. Do you have a Facebook? If you do then you need to add "Wolf TL" He knows all about the street racing scene in north Alabama. There's a few guys here that should run low 9s, high 8s in a quarter if they can get their **** figured out
Old 06-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Banned

There's a bunch of fast cars in the area. Do you have a Facebook? If you do then you need to add "Wolf TL" He knows all about the street racing scene in north Alabama. There's a few guys here that should run low 9s, high 8s in a quarter if they can get their **** figured out
Do yall have a page?
Old 06-23-2018, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Do yall have a page?
Ehhh kind of. The locals guys that race around here have a Facebook page called Bad Influence. PM your Facebook and I'll add you into the group. One guy has a GTR with 1400hp that runs mid 5's at 130+ and still has AC.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good run. Your wideband could be screwing up as well. Have you pulled some plugs to verify that its running lean?
Old 06-24-2018, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jtm2085
Good run. Your wideband could be screwing up as well. Have you pulled some plugs to verify that its running lean?
I figured out that my fuel solenoid was stuck closed.. it's definitely been lean. They're sending me a new one so it should fix it.

Quick Reply: Cam/100 shot LS1 vs H/C LT1