Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2017 8sp auto 6th gen vs 2018 10r80

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Hell you could say that and still never run 10s like me.

from my experience a mod motor including a 5br0 won't touch a ls. Mod motor has been no where near as fast na.....nor has it made as much power na. Anything can make power under boost.....nothing new about that.
You're right hio. I may never run a ten. Maybe I will. And...

Bring that n/a crap out. Which motors are bigger ci? LT car is twin turbo & mod motor is single turbo. One is slower.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Let's see...you're na....I'm na......most people are na......most don't own a pro mod dumbass.

do you see the relevance here? Or are you to stupid to understand that?
Old 07-05-2018, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well....what does your gt500 run then? Mods? Break it down for us.

Ford has been well behind several vehicles from GM for a very long time. The 5.0 has done pretty well.....as long as you stay in the bolt oh arena. But even then when compared to the lt they need more mods. The a10 is a good car. But really it only caught up. Once the a10 is in the standard ss it will be dragging it again. But even then overall performance still leans towards the ss.

of course you don't want to talk about vettes. Furd really has nothing to compete with them.

I have no worries about hondas in my 4gen nor to many of furd product.
In b4 no timeslips
Old 07-05-2018, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Let's see...you're na....I'm na......most people are na......most don't own a pro mod dumbass.

do you see the relevance here? Or are you to stupid to understand that?
Lol. This started between the zl1 & gt500 which are both FI. But most people are n/a. Cars I brought up were not pro mods.

The relevance? You don't like anything that's not stock. And seven second cars are too fast for you.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Britt2020

You’re literally making excuses for underperforming vehicles based on second and third hand unverifiable information. Nothing that I ever read of yours in the future will ever hold any merit...I’m sad for you and I’m sad for the the people around you.

Triggered with facts and goes to insults.

Do you need a tissue snowflake?
Old 07-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Ya’ll remember when Gus yanked the hell out of one of those beloved badass Zl1 1le on the highway? Lol rollout the excuse book.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car rolls out. 6G was trying to constantly get the jump.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Triggered with facts and goes to insults.

Do you need a tissue snowflake?
Yes, you’ve lampooned me with facts. I’m sorry if I came off as insulting, that wasn’t my intention. I do legitimately feel sorry for you. To be so out of touch with reality would be a burden.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

6G showed up today and refused to run swapped’s 18 even though he promised to beat him once he put his stock wheels back on....poor poor
Old 07-05-2018, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Great video for night runs. Thanks for not posting up another unseeable video or down town mid day traffic racing. Too bad these guys are still plugging up threads with dumb **** that has been regurgitated a million times and no one still gives a **** to read. Your car looks like a blast.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by codyvette
Great video for night runs. Thanks for not posting up another unseeable video or down town mid day traffic racing. Too bad these guys are still plugging up threads with dumb **** that has been regurgitated a million times and no one still gives a **** to read. Your car looks like a blast.
I agree and a lot of it was me. I apologize OP. Nice runs.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes, you’ve lampooned me with facts. I’m sorry if I came off as insulting, that wasn’t my intention. I do legitimately feel sorry for you. To be so out of touch with reality would be a burden.
says the guy who would rather quote magazine times than accept 10.9 is faster than 11.2. Reality seems to kick your *** if you ask me

as far as torque management and boost issues on the zl1. Yet again. You’re ignorant. If you knew anything about the platform you wouldn’t be arguing with me. But keep acting like you’re smarter than everyone when you actually don’t know ****. It’s entertaining. We don’t get fresh meat around here often
Old 07-06-2018, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Car rolls out. 6G was trying to constantly get the jump.
Looked like they were both trying to get the hit to me.

1st post with no times.

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Lol. This started between the zl1 & gt500 which are both FI. But most people are n/a. Cars I brought up were not pro mods.

The relevance? You don't like anything that's not stock. And seven second cars are too fast for you.
so why did you bring up promod cars then.....especially the furd. Plenty of 7sec ls stuff not in a promod.

so 7s are to fast for me? Well I guess anything past a 11.8 is to fast for you
Old 07-06-2018, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

says the guy who would rather quote magazine times than accept 10.9 is faster than 11.2. Reality seems to kick your *** if you ask me

as far as torque management and boost issues on the zl1. Yet again. You’re ignorant. If you knew anything about the platform you wouldn’t be arguing with me. But keep acting like you’re smarter than everyone when you actually don’t know ****. It’s entertaining. We don’t get fresh meat around here often
Dude you've gone completely left field here. I replied to a claim that Ford has been slower than the ZL1 and I offered verifiable information. You come back saying that the mag times don't count and start listing hero runs and then making excuses for about why the car performs worse than stock after being modded. None of this is even important, I cant believe I allowed myself to get roped into a Chevy vs Ford argument. Also, you edited the hell out of this original message.

Looked like they were both trying to get the hit to me.

1st post with no times.:
I don't know what this mean, are you wanting time slips from me?

Also, here is a video for you guys. Notice how the 17 ZL1 runs away from the 14 GT500.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

so why did you bring up promod cars then.....especially the furd. Plenty of 7sec ls stuff not in a promod.

so 7s are to fast for me? Well I guess anything past a 11.8 is to fast for you
Why do you keep saying they're pro mods? They're not idiot. They're both modded stock body cars. Because it seems the furd is faster when modded. Also we weren't talking about LS stuff. The 6gen is a LT platform if you forgot. The GT500(not pro mod) still with factory heads & block from Ford. LT car(not pro mod) LT4 block. Fastest LS car is a pro mod.

I don't know. You started crying about it. We were just saying who's faster right? Isn't that always your whole freaking point? Obviously you have a problem with anyone being faster than you. Or 10.9 or 10.7 or whatever. You come out & cry about "you can do it with bolt on ls6 & that any other way is just wrong".
Old 07-06-2018, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Lmao man you really that brand loyal to say a turd if a 5th gen zl1 runs with a 2013-14 GT500 ? Already have showed you that model year zl1 is slower than a 2011-12 GT500 plenty of times on kik lmao . 11.11@124 > 5th gen ZL1
Old 07-06-2018, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Dude you've gone completely left field here. I replied to a claim that Ford has been slower than the ZL1 and I offered verifiable information. You come back saying that the mag times don't count and start listing hero runs and then making excuses for about why the car performs worse than stock after being modded. None of this is even important, I cant believe I allowed myself to get roped into a Chevy vs Ford argument. Also, you edited the hell out of this original message.

I don't know what this mean, are you wanting time slips from me?

Also, here is a video for you guys. Notice how the 17 ZL1 runs away from the 14 GT500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktIz78KW_NI
looked like that zl1 was whoopin that gt500 perty good to me.

none of your own times yet again i see.

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Why do you keep saying they're pro mods? They're not idiot. They're both modded stock body cars. Because it seems the furd is faster when modded. Also we weren't talking about LS stuff. The 6gen is a LT platform if you forgot. The GT500(not pro mod) still with factory heads & block from Ford. LT car(not pro mod) LT4 block. Fastest LS car is a pro mod.

I don't know. You started crying about it. We were just saying who's faster right? Isn't that always your whole freaking point? Obviously you have a problem with anyone being faster than you. Or 10.9 or 10.7 or whatever. You come out & cry about "you can do it with bolt on ls6 & that any other way is just wrong".
dude you talk so much stupid **** its insane. I have yet to see a 6sec furd in the type of car you say. But there are full bodied 6sec ls stuff out there like that. Not that it matters...i aint goin 6s. And you aint made it past 11.8.

the lt platform is good. What is your point here besides being a complete dumbass?

sell your junk. Go buy you a furd. Show us how great they are. Its really that easy.

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Lmao man you really that brand loyal to say a turd if a 5th gen zl1 runs with a 2013-14 GT500 ? Already have showed you that model year zl1 is slower than a 2011-12 GT500 plenty of times on kik lmao . 11.11@124 > 5th gen ZL1
5gen has been pretty close to that and out handles the gt100s. Maybe you not realizing how great the 5gen performs shows how brand loyal you are.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

looked like that zl1 was whoopin that gt500 perty good to me.

none of your own times yet again i see.

dude you talk so much stupid **** its insane. I have yet to see a 6sec furd in the type of car you say. But there are full bodied 6sec ls stuff out there like that. Not that it matters...i aint goin 6s. And you aint made it past 11.8.

the lt platform is good. What is your point here besides being a complete dumbass?

sell your junk. Go buy you a furd. Show us how great they are. Its really that easy.

5gen has been pretty close to that and out handles the gt100s. Maybe you not realizing how great the 5gen performs shows how brand loyal you are.
So now cause the 5th gen gets stomped in a straight line you going to bring up the corners lmao ? Typical hio when something else fails let’s bring up **** that not even you care about . And brand loyal pretty sure I’m not driving a ford .
Old 07-07-2018, 07:10 AM
10 Second Club

No...the reality is the 5gen zl1 was faster than every gt500 made even in a straight line except the 13/14 and to this day those are the only 2 years of mustang that can run with a 5gen zl1......weird how its such a turd by you morons.

i very much care about handling and overall performance. I like street cars. Not just drag cars.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

No...the reality is the 5gen zl1 was faster than every gt500 made even in a straight line except the 13/14 and to this day those are the only 2 years of mustang that can run with a 5gen zl1......weird how its such a turd by you morons.

i very much care about handling and overall performance. I like street cars. Not just drag cars.
This is exactly what I’ve said the entire time.

Quick Reply: 2017 8sp auto 6th gen vs 2018 10r80