Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A4 4g vs A8 Hell Cat vs A8 6g

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I gotcha….no worries! I won't assume I can really run with Hell Cats till I run into a couple more...hard saying where I will be at by then. I have a new Whipple 2.9 kit sitting here that I picked up for a really good deal. I am kind of on the fence about installing it tho because I am not sure who I want to help me tune it. NA stuff I have a fairly good handle on, but I am lost with boost. Brett said he is done with tuning FI cars and recommended another guy who he sends his customers too.
Jannetty?
Old 08-20-2018, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Yes I have talked to him and I like the conversations we have had. My only issue is 90% of his stuff is all based around dyno numbers. Very few if any using him have posted any track results. I really want to stick with Brett for my tuning...so if I can sweet talk him into tuning the Whipple I'll probably go ahead and run it, if not I am strongly considering staying NA and running one of his heads cam packages. I'm in no hurry...I just scooped the Whipple up because it was a deal. I can get my money back out of it easy if I decide to change directions.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

King's 6th gen is the fastest 6th gen I have came across so far. I have to think it is the tune because he doesn't really have many mods done. I have only had my car for about 4 months and have raced a procharged 6th gen and destroyed him from a dig and nosed him out from a 50 roll. Very surprising to say the least. That car should have put car lengths on me for sure from the 50 roll. If he would have a better tune I'm sure if would have been a different story.

I raced that hellcat 5 times and beat him 4 out of the 5. On the last race we did a 20 roll and I put 2-3 cars on him before 100. Again very surprised on how my car did against the cat and procharged 6th gen.

Tuning is key on any car but seems to be more so on the newer cars.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Camar01le
King's 6th gen is the fastest 6th gen I have came across so far. I have to think it is the tune because he doesn't really have many mods done. I have only had my car for about 4 months and have raced a procharged 6th gen and destroyed him from a dig and nosed him out from a 50 roll. Very surprising to say the least. That car should have put car lengths on me for sure from the 50 roll. If he would have a better tune I'm sure if would have been a different story.

I raced that hellcat 5 times and beat him 4 out of the 5. On the last race we did a 20 roll and I put 2-3 cars on him before 100. Again very surprised on how my car did against the cat and procharged 6th gen.

Tuning is key on any car but seems to be more so on the newer cars.
Good runs man and happy to see the 4th gen went to someone else on here. If you guys have any plans to come down and track the cars at Muncie let me know. This Saturday is the Heads Up Street Car event put on by some Fort Wayne guys and Kamikaze will be there running the local eighth mile guys.