LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   lucille vs pray tune 6th gen (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1906320-lucille-vs-pray-tune-6th-gen.html)

swapped3vgt 09-09-2018 08:30 PM

lucille vs pray tune 6th gen

i know some of you had been making comments about the race without first watching my videos , his car runs hard and he beats me from 20 and 30 roll but 35 , 40 and 45 rolls are my runs is clear that i do come back hard up top , we ran a bunch of times and in alot of those runs i hit the limiter by fucking around with the paddle shifts . those were the runs that prolly were post it first , but his car runs amazing i tip my hat to pray he did a magnificent job with the tune .

Pray 09-09-2018 08:36 PM

Great runs man. No doubt past 140-150 you were coming around and would have come around. Looked like great racing to me. Glad you all got out there.

Your complete mod list is in your sig correct? I can't see it on my phone.

Thanks for posting up. And glad my guy could give you a run for your money. You are a class act.

BlkMach1 09-09-2018 08:43 PM

Good runs to both cars. Be careful with the light drizzle at high speeds please.

ZNix 09-09-2018 08:51 PM

Good runs! Lucille is no slouch, that 6gen put up on a great show.

islander033 09-09-2018 08:51 PM

Good pulls, both cars are badass!

swapped3vgt 09-09-2018 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pray (Post 19965120)
Great runs man. No doubt past 140-150 you were coming around and would have come around. Looked like great racing to me. Glad you all got out there.

Your complete mod list is in your sig correct? I can't see it on my phone.

Thanks for posting up. And glad my guy could give you a run for your money. You are a class act.

yes the only thing different from my last run is the rear seat delete , i only wish he wouldn't let up in some of the 40 rolls he left off at 125 to 130 in some of those runs

UltraZLS1 09-09-2018 08:57 PM

Nice runs

looks like the 6gen woukd be the faster car in a 1/4 in this race. The gt at 130+. Even with great tuning the gearing drop in 5th gear is a hindrance on the a8

sxc Z28 09-09-2018 09:02 PM

S550 has race brakes too. Good runs!

Mike Morris 09-09-2018 09:08 PM

Nice runs. Hope they run at the track and get some numbers. Shame 19 F bomb is not getting an A10 like I thought.

UltraZLS1 09-09-2018 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Morris (Post 19965144)
Nice runs. Hope they run at the track and get some numbers. Shame 19 F bomb is not getting an A10 like I thought.

it is

but it also got ugly

kinglt-1 09-09-2018 09:31 PM

What mods does the 6g have?

Mike Morris 09-09-2018 09:32 PM

Wow. Its should run good then. I was told otherwise.

UltraZLS1 09-09-2018 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by kinglt-1 (Post 19965161)
What mods does the 6g have?

drag pack, exhaust, E85, pray ported stock mani and Tb I believe

ohioborn80 09-09-2018 10:02 PM

Some good racing

OneSlowV 09-09-2018 11:19 PM

Good runs looks like the lt1 owns down low then falls on its face up top .

shoyouright 09-10-2018 12:10 AM

Looks like the LT1 would destroy this coyote in the 1/4 mile. Good runs, but running up to 150mph when it's damp is crazy. Lol.

Pray 09-10-2018 04:47 AM

The 6th Gen has the base line of bolt on's. My ported stock IM/TB, Roto-fab, Headers w/ cat back, E85, Tuning, 28" Mickey R's on Race stars. Stock brakes, stock DS, no U/D, no ported MSD/95mm, no T-stat, and a couple other things I won't discuss. Just racing brakes and Welds would be 100lbs off the car and a massive reduction in rotating mass which the 5.0 has. Don't underestimate the benefits of mods like that. A switch to a 26" tire would be a large improvement in itself.

I will go back and watch the vids again but I feel like Drew ran to the prescribed mph every time. It may appear he lets off early by the 5.0's speedometer but since he is out by a car or two he got to the prescribed mph quicker so he lets off earlier. Not to mention that the 28" tire skews the speedometer by at least 5-8mph low at those speeds. The Micke R is an inch taller than the stock tires. So if Drew is using his speedometer to set speeds then he should technically be letting off sooner. But even on the higher rolls the 6th Gen gets out with even starts and holds the 5.0 off till the top.

I also can't agree with the 6th Gen "falling on it's face" in 5th comment or that the 5.0 is at some sort of disadvantage from a low roll. The 6th Gen goes into 5th gear at around 114mph the way I have it set up. But since it has the stock ported IM/TB it makes peak power at 5,700 no mater what. So anything past 130mph or so is past peak power. But it still takes till 140-150 for the 5.0 to close the gap on his speedo. With the A10 there really is no bad spot down low. You have 8 gears to play with so the 5.0 was always in it's power band. I would have to look at what the final drive ratio is for the top end charge. I would expect no less of a top end charge from a car that makes power for another 2K rpm over the Camaro.

From what I have heard and from what has been mentioned on here in the past, Lucille is a monster. The mods are well thought out and executed. The C85 tune is on point and the driver is on his game. For how simply modded the 6th Gen is I am personally shocked it did so well. There are another 6 car lengths left in the Camaro had the mods been even or if it was modded the way I would like to mod it.

swapped3vgt 09-10-2018 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pray (Post 19965231)
The 6th Gen has the base line of bolt on's. My ported stock IM/TB, Roto-fab, Headers w/ cat back, E85, Tuning, 28" Mickey R's on Race stars. Stock brakes, stock DS, no U/D, no ported MSD/95mm, no T-stat, and a couple other things I won't discuss. Just racing brakes and Welds would be 100lbs off the car and a massive reduction in rotating mass which the 5.0 has. Don't underestimate the benefits of mods like that. A switch to a 26" tire would be a large improvement in itself.

I will go back and watch the vids again but I feel like Drew ran to the prescribed mph every time. It may appear he lets off early by the 5.0's speedometer but since he is out by a car or two he got to the prescribed mph quicker so he lets off earlier. Not to mention that the 28" tire skews the speedometer by at least 5-8mph low at those speeds. The Micke R is an inch taller than the stock tires. So if Drew is using his speedometer to set speeds then he should technically be letting off sooner. But even on the higher rolls the 6th Gen gets out with even starts and holds the 5.0 off till the top.

I also can't agree with the 6th Gen "falling on it's face" in 5th comment or that the 5.0 is at some sort of disadvantage from a low roll. The 6th Gen goes into 5th gear at around 114mph the way I have it set up. But since it has the stock ported IM/TB it makes peak power at 5,700 no mater what. So anything past 130mph or so is past peak power. But it still takes till 140-150 for the 5.0 to close the gap on his speedo. With the A10 there really is no bad spot down low. You have 8 gears to play with so the 5.0 was always in it's power band. I would have to look at what the final drive ratio is for the top end charge. I would expect no less of a top end charge from a car that makes power for another 2K rpm over the Camaro.

From what I have heard and from what has been mentioned on here in the past, Lucille is a monster. The mods are well thought out and executed. The C85 tune is on point and the driver is on his game. For how simply modded the 6th Gen is I am personally shocked it did so well. There are another 6 car lengths left in the Camaro had the mods been even or if it was modded the way I would like to mod it.

I respect your tuning abilities but to state that there is another 6 lengths left in the camaro n/a wow that's really a little too unrealistic not even with a massive weight reduction he will achieve those numbers , maybe if he adds a cam i'll see the camaro gaining 6 cars length but on tune alone that's not happening .

Pray 09-10-2018 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by swapped3vgt (Post 19965249)
I respect your tuning abilities but to state that there is another 6 lengths left in the camaro n/a wow that's really a little too unrealistic not even with a massive weight reduction he will achieve those numbers , maybe if he adds a cam i'll see the camaro gaining 6 cars length but on tune alone that's not happening .

If we count 1 mph as a car length, which I think is a fair comparison, then there are 6 car lengths left. There is for sure 6 mph left in that car in FBO form. 100lbs from brakes and rims = 1 - 2 mph, ported MSD/95mm TB = 1 - 1.5 mph, U/D pulley = .7 or better, Aluminum DS = .5 minimum, 26" tires = 2mph. And there are a couple other mods that I only talk about with my customers that have been proven to be worth 1-3 mph if done together.

Everything I have listed has been proven in the 1/4 over and over.

sxc Z28 09-10-2018 07:00 AM

No one knows the 6gems like Pray...I think we can all agree.