Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pray tuning 6gen SS vs Ktuning 6gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Road racing is for sure more fun than a acceleration test. Hard on a car tho.
it's the ultimate test of man and machine on asphalt
Old 11-21-2018, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
You dont know jack ****, little fella. Keep the laughs coming, slowpoke.
#FURDCREW man how many crews you repping on this site.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
You dont know jack ****, little fella. Keep the laughs coming, slowpoke.
Really? You're a rabid papillon just attacking anything that breaths....calm down friend.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
Removing TQ management up to a certain point is fine as long as the rest of the trans tune is solid. But it took me a while to get it right. I experimented on my own car a ton to get it right before I offered it to certain customers for certain situations.

Now that I have gone through every square inch of the trans tunes and have them dialed in I am able to remove TM on cars making between 600rw-800rw with no I'll effect. We have taken apart three transmissions with hundreds of low 10 to high 9 second passes in the last couple weeks for new upgrades that are being developed and they all look fine.

Removing TM on a stock trans without going through the entire tune will kill it. I have a mixed tune for my 1K rw cars that I gradually remove TM on and it is fine as well.

Having said all of that, I leave TM in for 98% of my customers. With the rest of the trans properly tweaked my TM and no TM tunes are only about a tenth apart.

Far be it from me to defend David but he seems to be a competent tuner and I am sure he has done his homework on the cars he has removed the TM on. Man that hurt to say. LOL.

Eventually all cars will fail with enough abuse. We are are still waiting for the capabilities of the tuning software to catch up. Till then, failures will be more frequent. My guys know when to load up the KILL tune and when not to.

I do appreciate the support from the people on here recognizing the efforts I put into my work. It is nice to be validated by "strangers" sometimes.

In all honesty, the **** talking is motivating, even if we do get into our feelings sometimes.
I hate torque management...even with your TM tune. It's a ton better then stock don't get me wrong, but when it's turned off, it's like the ol' lady giving you the nod to go ***** deep. lol
Old 11-21-2018, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I hate torque management...even with your TM tune. It's a ton better then stock don't get me wrong, but when it's turned off, it's like the ol' lady giving you the nod to go ***** deep. lol
it feels awesome under wot. But I like the ignition cut European style, sounds racey. But it's not as fast.

Last edited by xBoostx; 11-21-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xBoostx
A trans tune is all about shift timing. That's where most the success is at for longevity and efficiency. There are a few tricks that I dont care to share but the results are obvious. It's very similar to the A6. And I am very good with the A6 as you can see from the video I posted of the C6 on track and success on cars in have tuned and saved for people here and abroad.

You fools can write lies and bullshit all day. Mod for mod the cars I tune always win. I have never felt the need to remove tq mgmt for a street car. It's new to some of you cause you always owned manuals. If two cars race and one has it removed then it will have the edge surely. Same concept as manuals power shifting vs a standard shift.

if Drew still has the same mods as the white camaro, Its going to be a good race. So if Drew wants to come down for some action, he is welcome. I understand the drive factor. Henry wont drive up, he has some family obligations that wont allow for that at this time. I'll give Drew $100 if he outruns the white camaro mod for mod.

I'm not active in drag racing or street racing cause I find it much more fulfilling to roadrace and compete nationally. I like to drive and run against the best everywhere, not just at a local hangout. Testing driver, car setup, build and reliability under the most extreme drivetrain abuse is attractive to me.

Keep trolling if you will, but you wont gain anything.

Offered accepted il be at pbir Dec 7 for test and tune probally get there around 9pm since I'm Geting retuned that day since I now have same mods as Henry 😎, il also be available Dec 8 for the roll racing at pbir if for some reason he can't make it then il Be in miami Dec 9th, Sunday runs 😎 I'm driving 3 hours to pbir and a hour down to miami then 2 hours back over to Fort Myers, and I'm giving u almost 2 weeks notice make sure he shows up for one of the dates I just posted
Old 11-28-2018, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds cool man. I'm sure I'll be at the track that night. I'll keep an eye out for you to say what's up. Don't they stop teching cars in at 9? Even though you'll beat me it'd be cool to get a couple runs in with you.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Sounds cool man. I'm sure I'll be at the track that night. I'll keep an eye out for you to say what's up. Don't they stop teching cars in at 9? Even though you'll beat me it'd be cool to get a couple runs in with you.

Dam, I hope not, il call and ask though, might have to move up my retune if possible, if not and I don't make it Before tech ends il still go and watch maybe do some street runs after and il still be there Dec 8 roll racing lol
Old 11-28-2018, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Andes101
Dam, I hope not, il call and ask though, might have to move up my retune if possible, if not and I don't make it Before tech ends il still go and watch maybe do some street runs after and il still be there Dec 8 roll racing lol
Yeah best to call & make sure. Sweet I'm down for them street runs. Man I didn't even notice that roll racing event. Bunch of buddies are going to the street racing made safe thing on the 15th. Sounds good man.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Hey buddy not sure if you called yet. You have till 10pm to tech your car in. Sorry for the confusion, my mistake.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:50 AM
Banned

Turdinator sucks big old floppy donkey dick.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Hey buddy not sure if you called yet. You have till 10pm to tech your car in. Sorry for the confusion, my mistake.

Yea I called as well bro, I'm never really on this forum, but il definitely make it before tech 😎 il be with my other boy who's a pray tuned auto as well and my girl who's racing her stock a10 zl1 on a dragpack
Old 12-09-2018, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

So Drew came down and raced Henry (white camaro). Henry won all the races. Drew has the videos. I'm sure he'll post tmr or Tuesday as he has a 2 hour drive home tonight. Props to Drew for coming down as he mentioned he was.

I wasnt there unfortunately, i had an event to attend. One of my C7 guys (with only 2 bolt ons) exchanged wins with the fastest and lightest A10 Mustang down here. Also had some vettes, camaros and a challenger take a bunch of wins this weekend at the track. Awesome weekend. I'm happy to see guys going out to the track. Henry ran a 11.1 with a 1.7 60 ft. 10s coming soon. The C7 mentioned above ran a 11.00, yes, 11 flat lol. Hes also running stock wheels. So both cars should break 10s with good weather and track prep.

Just wanted to update everyone. I'm down to talk or answer questions if need be. Please no crap talking, let's keep it classy. Or try to lol.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:49 AM
11 Second Club

Was Henry at the track Friday night? It looked like the car Leo ran. Looked like not much experience at track. Car ran very good. Saw an 11.2x run on a 1.80 60'. Didn't get to meet Drew on Friday. Glad you guys got some good runs in. Plan on going to the SRMS event this weekend.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So Drew came down and raced Henry (white camaro). Henry won all the races. Drew has the videos. I'm sure he'll post tmr or Tuesday as he has a 2 hour drive home tonight. Props to Drew for coming down as he mentioned he was.

I wasnt there unfortunately, i had an event to attend. One of my C7 guys (with only 2 bolt ons) exchanged wins with the fastest and lightest A10 Mustang down here. Also had some vettes, camaros and a challenger take a bunch of wins this weekend at the track. Awesome weekend. I'm happy to see guys going out to the track. Henry ran a 11.1 with a 1.7 60 ft. 10s coming soon. The C7 mentioned above ran a 11.00, yes, 11 flat lol. Hes also running stock wheels. So both cars should break 10s with good weather and track prep.

Just wanted to update everyone. I'm down to talk or answer questions if need be. Please no crap talking, let's keep it classy. Or try to lol.
Not bad on the C7. My heavy C7 GS managed 10.85 with ARH 2" headers/3" catted xpipe, Halltech CAI, Pray ported oem IM/TB and Pray flex tune. Ended up at 10.74 before the Ported MSD/103mm TB combo, Was managing consistent 1.55 60fts on stock cam/stock converter. No personal bests yet with new combo.. getting an issue lined out and will be hitting the track again after the holidays.

C7s can hook on a dirt road

Old 12-10-2018, 03:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um, you sure about that. I have three vids of Henry losing while taking the hit and with Drew spinning. I would be happy to send them to you. These cars are dead even with an even hit. C'mon man, I thought we were past this. Drew also beat the Lightest/Fastest 5.0 from the low rolls and was a half car back on the higher rolls. I have vids of the low roll of that one as well.

The classy thing would have been to stay off line till things were actually decided. That's what I did. Let's wait for even hits on dry pavement before we go claiming victory on cars that run side by side. SMDH.

Last edited by Pray; 12-10-2018 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:49 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

And...here...we....go.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
And...here...we....go.
Not from me bro. I am done with it. Congrats to both guys. Both guys are very happy with their cars. Both cars run very well for what they are and put up a great fight between each other and the king 5.0 down there. Both have my ported stuff so I am happy. I have the vids so I am good. My cars, records and time slips speak for themselves. Nuff said.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:51 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

I know
Old 12-10-2018, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
Um, you sure about that. I have three vids of Henry losing while taking the hit and with Drew spinning. I would be happy to send them to you. These cars are dead even with an even hit. C'mon man, I thought we were past this. Drew also beat the Lightest/Fastest 5.0 from the low rolls and was a half car back on the higher rolls. I have vids of the low roll of that one as well.

The classy thing would have been to stay off line till things were actually decided. That's what I did. Let's wait for even hits on dry pavement before we go claiming victory on cars that run side by side. SMDH.
You are correct on lower rolls drew got the 5.0 that 20 roll on drew's car is plain nasty and yes he spun on other rolls also this people are about stealing the hit and posting the vids of their convenience .