Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pray tuning 6gen SS vs Ktuning 6gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Not bad on the C7. My heavy C7 GS managed 10.85 with ARH 2" headers/3" catted xpipe, Halltech CAI, Pray ported oem IM/TB and Pray flex tune. Ended up at 10.74 before the Ported MSD/103mm TB combo, Was managing consistent 1.55 60fts on stock cam/stock converter. No personal bests yet with new combo.. getting an issue lined out and will be hitting the track again after the holidays.

C7s can hook on a dirt road
thats a good combo. The c7 i mentioned has ebay headers, not sure what intake.

Originally Posted by Pray
Um, you sure about that. I have three vids of Henry losing while taking the hit and with Drew spinning. I would be happy to send them to you. These cars are dead even with an even hit. C'mon man, I thought we were past this. Drew also beat the Lightest/Fastest 5.0 from the low rolls and was a half car back on the higher rolls. I have vids of the low roll of that one as well.

The classy thing would have been to stay off line till things were actually decided. That's what I did. Let's wait for even hits on dry pavement before we go claiming victory on cars that run side by side. SMDH.
that's interesting as I was told something completely different from 3 different sources. So if you saw the videos which I believe there are angles from Drew's car and the zl1 let's see them. Btw why have him pop his hood if they have the same mods and are even? Wouldnt be reason to imo Serious question

Last edited by xBoostx; 12-10-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Waiting for the 6 videos. 30 40 and 50 rolls.
Henry told me he spun a bit from the 30s which was the close race and ended up in front by a fender. The 40 and 50s were by a car at least.

not sure why you are getting defensive. From everyone there it was pretty dry cut. I wouldn't go by just one source before seeing a video.

Last edited by xBoostx; 12-10-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Drew came back in the group acknowledged he lost. I dont get it. Did you watch the view from the zl1? Let's see the videos from the gopro.

Last edited by xBoostx; 12-10-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Was Henry at the track Friday night? It looked like the car Leo ran. Looked like not much experience at track. Car ran very good. Saw an 11.2x run on a 1.80 60'. Didn't get to meet Drew on Friday. Glad you guys got some good runs in. Plan on going to the SRMS event this weekend.
yes he was. That's a great time man.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Old 12-10-2018, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xBoostx
yes he was. That's a great time man.
DM me at Pray Porting on FB and I will send you the vids I have. It won't let me post them here. They are from the ZL1. I don't count the one where you can see Henry spin. The vids I have from the rear you can clearly see who is spinning. You can also see who leaves first. But I kept the closest leaves so it was a fair comparison. As far as I know there are no Go Pro vids. I asked for them as well.

Popping the hood shows that they are equally modded. So I don't understand the hesitance to do it?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

DM me at Pray Porting on FB and I will send you the vids I have. It won't let me post them here. They are from the ZL1. I don't count the one where you can see Henry spin. The vids I have from the rear you can clearly see who is spinning. You can also see who leaves first. But I kept the closest leaves so it was a fair comparison. As far as I know there are no Go Pro vids. I asked for them as well.
I dont use FB much. 30 rolls were the close races. The 40 and 50 I am being told were by a car atleast. And now Henry told me Drew said he doesn't have the 40 and 50 roll videos?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Popping the hood shows that they are equally modded. So I don't understand the hesitance to do it?
Mods have been known for months.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Did Drew send you the time slip from saturday?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did Drew send you the time slip from saturday?
Yep, still dialing the new combo in at that point, no water for a burn out and no track prep? Can we rely on that at all?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Vids are up on my IG and FB if anyone is interested. Pray Performance for both.

And for the record. When the Vette and 5.0 had even hits the Vette lost as bad or worse than both Camaros.

Last edited by Pray; 12-10-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Yep, still dialing the new combo in at that point, no water for a burn out and no track prep? Can we rely on that at all?
Track prep sucked all weekend. Henry was spinning friday. And the red corvette was going sideways in 3rd on one run. Pbir prep sucks 90% of the time. So that data doesnt matter cause it wasnt "perfect". Its never perfect at pbir man. Drag racing isnt that big down here. You get more cars on roll racing events than drag. That's just a fact down here.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

We trapped 122.3 in 2,500 DA at PBIR in the summer. Then he trapped the same on Saturday. 🤔. Track has to be there to improve upon stuff. And like I said, we were still working on the new combo. No dyno time or WB data. So that is what it is. It will improve for sure.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

We trapped 122.3 in 2,500 DA at PBIR in the summer. Then he trapped the same on Saturday. 🤔. Track has to be there to improve upon stuff. And like I said, we were still working on the new combo. No dyno time or WB data. So that is what it is. It will improve for sure.
so on the same weekend on the same track Henry went faster. Btw I saw the videos. And like Henry said 30 roll is close and he wins by a fender. 40 and 50 by a car minimum. Henry's car is faster. I attached a screen shot of the close race where Henry is in front. And it's a angle that favors drew. Gotta resort to this cause the clear loss videos are lost or never recorded. How conveniant. Lol

Old 12-10-2018, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

so on the same weekend on the same track Henry went faster. Btw I saw the videos. And like Henry said 30 roll is close and he wins by a fender. 40 and 50 by a car minimum. Henry's car is faster. I attached a screen shot of the close race where Henry is in front. And it's a angle that favors drew. Gotta resort to this cause the clear loss videos are lost or never recorded. How conveniant. Lol

I guess I have uncalibrated eyes. LOL. Tell yourself what ever you need to bro. I am good on this end. Have a good day.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Yep your boy lost. And the 40 and 50 roll gaps magically dont exist now. Faster at the track, faster on the street.

post the 40 and 50 rolls...............

Drew is sore loser.

when Leo lost despite all the **** talking he is doing, he posted every video. Atleast he had the dignity to do that. I know this isnt your fault prey, but that's shady as fu** from your boy. The 30 roll close races are fair but the the others arent? All this seems like throwing shade. Everyone there knows Drew lost. But he apparently doesnt want all the facts on the web. Childish is the nicest word I can find.

Last edited by xBoostx; 12-10-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep your boy lost. And the 40 and 50 roll gaps magically dont exist now. Faster at the track, faster on the street.

post the 40 and 50 rolls...............

Drew is sore loser.

when Leo lost despite all the **** talking he is doing, he posted every video. Atleast he had the dignity to do that. I know this isnt your fault prey, but that's shady as fu** from your boy. The 30 roll close races are fair but the the others arent? All this seems like throwing shade. Everyone there knows Drew lost. But he apparently doesnt want all the facts on the web. Childish is the nicest word I can find.

Shady af? And I'm not a sore loser I stated it already I don't have a gopro, that's why the only videos are from the back I was under the assumption Henry had his dashcam on and would have all the runs, I'm literally offering to drive back again or meet him at the track sometime I can make it to rerun and he can bring go pros and all, that's not being childish that's being honest and if his car is faster it should still be faster when we rerun then right?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Andes101
Shady af? And I'm not a sore loser I stated it already I don't have a gopro, that's why the only videos are from the back I was under the assumption Henry had his dashcam on and would have all the runs, I'm literally offering to drive back again or meet him at the track sometime I can make it to rerun and he can bring go pros and all, that's not being childish that's being honest and if his car is faster it should still be faster when we rerun then right?
His car is faster and the cars are identical mod wise, is yours also a 2SS? why race again? Hope for miracle? Find something in the tune? I dont understand your logic.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a couple things to add here. First off It's not really the track prep sucks all the time at PBIR. They really are trying. What it is is people in the sportsman/street car class with no education in drag racing whatsoever. This is 4 lanes full of cars/trucks. Some just prius' wants to have fun & see a 17 sec time slip or some big diesels. Or just people with not much experience. You can tell pretty easy. Sometimes people just drive through the water & basically do their burn out off the line. I'm usually standing their shaking my head. People should take some sort of coarse first. Or just wing it & maybe crash your car as I have seen people do. PBIR was prepping the surface after every sportsman run for any real racers. After the sportsman class they sweep, drag, & then spray the track so guys their to really drag race have an ok surface. Was the c7 the one who did the long burnout down the track & damaged the r/r fender in front of tire? I've learned a while ago to stay out of sportsman. I run in no time now. Just know what you are doing if you want to run that or you will **** people off. Must be on a tire. No street tires.

Henry's car ran very strong. I think he trapped 123 on the one good run I saw. I know Drews car runs good too. Hey instead of all this win/loss stuff. Just be happy to race. Stay easy guys.

PS. Wanted to at least try & run Drew. I knew I couldn't give the hit as hard as those 6 gens run from rolls. Lol.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
I have a couple things to add here. First off It's not really the track prep sucks all the time at PBIR. They really are trying. What it is is people in the sportsman/street car class with no education in drag racing whatsoever. This is 4 lanes full of cars/trucks. Some just prius' wants to have fun & see a 17 sec time slip or some big diesels. Or just people with not much experience. You can tell pretty easy. Sometimes people just drive through the water & basically do their burn out off the line. I'm usually standing their shaking my head. People should take some sort of coarse first. Or just wing it & maybe crash your car as I have seen people do. PBIR was prepping the surface after every sportsman run for any real racers. After the sportsman class they sweep, drag, & then spray the track so guys their to really drag race have an ok surface. Was the c7 the one who did the long burnout down the track & damaged the r/r fender in front of tire? I've learned a while ago to stay out of sportsman. I run in no time now. Just know what you are doing if you want to run that or you will **** people off. Must be on a tire. No street tires.

Henry's car ran very strong. I think he trapped 123 on the one good run I saw. I know Drews car runs good too. Hey instead of all this win/loss stuff. Just be happy to race. Stay easy guys.

PS. Wanted to at least try & run Drew. I knew I couldn't give the hit as hard as those 6 gens run from rolls. Lol.
TBH I have never seen good prep on a public event. It's super rare, they are inconsistent. Mind you the moisture doesnt help they do have nature making it hard on them.
Yea he ran a 123.8.

it's funny cause the one who started this is a guy named Gleider. He was tuned by prey and raced a few guys and was saying hes the fastest and prey is the best camaro tuner. He started racing KT tuned cars and started losing to them. Then comes along drew and races the white camaro with an aggressive trans tune and again they start hoorah and comparing tuners. So at the customers Request I level the playing field and tune his trans aggressive. And the results are now known. The white camaro got the edge mod for mod.

I dont know who prey is personally and he doesnt know me. Seems like he may be a good guy and we'll probably get along better than our customers do lmao. But our competiveness wants the edge over one another lol. Which is fine.

miami racing is really bad. The attitude and crap talking is horrid. And its evident. Which is a small reason I started road race and do so out of state as well as it's more enjoyable and more competitive.

we are both great tuners obviously. He dedicates a lot his time to this platform and is a drag racer. I dedicate alot of time at the moment i am tuning so my customer has the edge over the next car mod for mod. But i'm all over tuning trucks, cars, dodge, ford, imports getting into the German scene now and I spend my personal time road racing. So we have a different approach but the same end goal. Maybe he can come to road Atlanta when I'm up there and we can meet. 🍻👍🏼