Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pray tuning 6gen SS vs Ktuning 6gen SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all competition at the end of the day, I just wanna rerun when it's dry and we can both hook good and see what happens going to be the same rolls 20/30/40/50 and we can have cameras out and all, hell we can do private runs and u can even come along lol he should have no problem reruning he lives in miami, il be driving over, he goes out almost any Sunday anyways so I don't see a issue with reruning, just like I wanted to rerun leo but he didn't go, maybe something came up for him Sunday or idk if he even regularly goes out there honestly
Old 12-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Andes101
It's all competition at the end of the day, I just wanna rerun when it's dry and we can both hook good and see what happens going to be the same rolls 20/30/40/50 and we can have cameras out and all, hell we can do private runs and u can even come along lol he should have no problem reruning he lives in miami, il be driving over, he goes out almost any Sunday anyways so I don't see a issue with reruning, just like I wanted to rerun leo but he didn't go, maybe something came up for him Sunday or idk if he even regularly goes out there honestly
I rarely go to marathon don't like the scene much , you raced Bryant last night too ?
Old 12-10-2018, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Competition breeds success. Glad we have it.

Road Atlanta sounds fun. Will they let me run in my daily. LOL.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lucille2018
I rarely go to marathon don't like the scene much , you raced Bryant last night too ?
Idk who that is bro, if it was a white mustang who only does 50 rolls then yes, he has the funniest way of counting down lmao, seemed like a quiet dude
Old 12-10-2018, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

And just for everyone base knowledge, I don't do this full time. Not even close. I have 20 years in the Army with 16 years if that as a Green Beret. I have 13 deployments in support of the GWOT at the tip of the spear doing bad things to bad people. So that has taken up almost all of my adult life. I got into these cars two years ago when I bought this one. Now that I am looking at retirement I can spend a little more time doing them. But tuning is a small facet of what I do. Porting and custom cam stuff with full builds and what not is my focus. So I have some catching up to do. Cars have always been my passion but Duty to my County and it's Citizens has come first. So now I am shifting focus. Can't wait to make this a full time thing and to be able to dedicate some real time to perfecting my craft as I have my other.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
Competition breeds success. Glad we have it.

Road Atlanta sounds fun. Will they let me run in my daily. LOL.
On a track day yes. In competitions no. You need a certain amount of experience road racing.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

And just for everyone base knowledge, I don't do this full time. Not even close. I have 20 years in the Army with 16 years if that as a Green Beret. I have 13 deployments in support of the GWOT at the tip of the spear doing bad things to bad people. So that has taken up almost all of my adult life. I got into these cars two years ago when I bought this one. Now that I am looking at retirement I can spend a little more time doing them. But tuning is a small facet of what I do. Porting and custom cam stuff with full builds and what not is my focus. So I have some catching up to do. Cars have always been my passion but Duty to my County and it's Citizens has come first. So now I am shifting focus. Can't wait to make this a full time thing and to be able to dedicate some real time to perfecting my craft as I have my other.
Thank you for your service gentleman.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xBoostx
Thank you for your service gentleman.
Thanks. In all honesty, I already miss combat something fierce. I was hoping this car stuff would fill the void. But in the end it just ends up pissing me off. LOL.

Road racing is what I was into when I was a kid. But that was a long time ago. I have gotten to do some cool driving courses in my current job though. It does seem like something that takes your full focus and attention for longer than 9 seconds though. I may give it a try.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

hey man that is outstanding we thank you for all the hard work and sacrifices .
Old 12-10-2018, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lucille2018
hey man that is outstanding we thank you for all the hard work and sacrifices .
Thank you Sir. Not something I have been able to throw out there in the past or wanted to really. But at this point in my life, IDGF any more.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. In all honesty, I already miss combat something fierce. I was hoping this car stuff would fill the void. But in the end it just ends up pissing me off. LOL.

Road racing is what I was into when I was a kid. But that was a long time ago. I have gotten to do some cool driving courses in my current job though. It does seem like something that takes your full focus and attention for longer than 9 seconds though. I may give it a try.
LOL

Yea man that's why I got into it. Full effort in every aspect.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xBoostx
LOL

Yea man that's why I got into it. Full effort in every aspect.
I grew up around San Francisco and we had a ton of crazy roads in the coastal hills and we had HWY 1 on the beach. From Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz was 60 miles. The goal was 30 minutes down and then 30 minutes back. I had me a slammed 91' Camaro with a 500hp 383. I thought I was bad *** back in 94'. LOL. But averaging 120mph down HWY 1 wasn't easy.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Nice Pray....thanks for your service.

I wish i woulda went in the military. I was to busy chasing ***, goin to parties and hotrodding ****. I did land a unique job in racing for many years but looking back i should did the military. I wanted to when i was in school then once i got out I just didn't. Wish i woulda.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Nice Pray....thanks for your service.

I wish i woulda went in the military. I was to busy chasing ***, goin to parties and hotrodding ****. I did land a unique job in racing for many years but looking back i should did the military. I wanted to when i was in school then once i got out I just didn't. Wish i woulda.
Wasn't my first choice but it fit like a glove, paid the Bill's and was "easy" for me. Glad I did it and glad it's coming to an end.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Got the video from henrys dash cam. Some good racin!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrOX8LhA6en/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=epanmj87c87u
Old 12-12-2018, 01:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like yall have all the fun down there in Florida. That's one of my two retirement destinations.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

sounds like r2d2 commentating in the background lol.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Looks like yall have all the fun down there in Florida. That's one of my two retirement destinations.
Why aren’t you retired at 90 years old?
Old 12-17-2018, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

army broke my hope when it sent me to TRADOC. but retirement life is nice.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

Why aren’t you retired at 90 years old?
***...hole

LOL.. I am almost there dammit!