LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Street Racing & Kill Stories (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories-36/)
-   -   Pray tuning 6gen SS vs Ktuning 6gen SS (https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/1906965-pray-tuning-6gen-ss-vs-ktuning-6gen-ss.html)

BlkMach1 09-18-2018 09:23 AM

Pray tuning 6gen SS vs Ktuning 6gen SS

3 Attachment(s)
Good local runs from last night. Both cars are very similarly modded. Camera car is bolt on, MSD mani, drag pack, auto. Other car is bolt on, pray tuning package, ported MSD/95mm TB, manual, rear drag wheels only. Runs were 20/40/50mph. Since we would never hear about these...

The buster 09-18-2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by BlkMach1 (Post 19970499)
Good local runs from last night. Both cars are very similarly modded. Camera car is bolt on, MSD mani, drag pack, auto. Other car is bolt on, pray tuning package, ported MSD/95mm TB, manual, rear drag wheels only. Runs were 20/40/50mph. Since we would never hear about these...

Oh damn 😬
😬

Dimeomboost 09-18-2018 09:34 AM

I can't see them for some.reason maybe the mobile version problem

SoFla01SSLookinstok 09-18-2018 09:43 AM

Odd. Thought Pray cars were the fastest? I think it's pretty obvious that the extra acceleration is from the TM tuning in the automagic. Not any extra power the engine may make. (As we've seen when the shifts run out). Now not saying this is a bad thing. Shit use it . Here's one question for Pray or maybe one of his users. I saw a post where someone went back to put the Pray trans. kill tune in. Or something. So is this awesome trans. tune able to be run all the time? Or is it not recommended & to drive normally on say a stock trans. tune?

UltraZLS1 09-18-2018 09:46 AM

A big part of it is just turning it off or on (TM). I gained .2-3 just by turning it off. That pray tuned car could still be running the TM in his tune it’s hard to say. Other than just turning it off other torque tables etc also play a role even with the TM turned off

arguably running it off all the time could reduce transmission life. I just run it off at the track

nice vids

islander033 09-18-2018 09:48 AM

Dot....

UltraZLS1 09-18-2018 09:50 AM

These cars aren’t equally modded and they aren’t the same transmission. Not really sure it proves anything for or against pray.

SoFla01SSLookinstok 09-18-2018 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1 (Post 19970519)
These cars aren’t equally modded and they aren’t the same transmission. Not really sure it proves anything for or against pray.

Yea, the M6 car actually had more mods. Ported manifold & Pray tune. Unless I'm mistaken.

SoFla01SSLookinstok 09-18-2018 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1 (Post 19970515)
A big part of it is just turning it off or on (TM). I gained .2-3 just by turning it off. That pray tuned car could still be running the TM in his tune it’s hard to say. Other than just turning it off other torque tables etc also play a role even with the TM turned off

arguably running it off all the time could reduce transmission life. I just run it off at the track

nice vids

Thanks for info.

BlkMach1 09-18-2018 10:11 AM

whatever do you mean? Im just posting some close runs....pray car losing is besides the point. both have MSDs and FBO/E85. One is auto with front skinnies.

Andes101 09-18-2018 11:05 AM

Someone gets it lol 😂

kinglt-1 09-18-2018 11:07 AM

So Pray tuned car is a M6 vs Katech tuned A8?

Andes101 09-18-2018 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by kinglt-1 (Post 19970568)
So Pray tuned car is a M6 vs a A8?

Yessir and M6 didn't have skinnys

kinglt-1 09-18-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok (Post 19970512)
Odd. Thought Pray cars were the fastest? I think it's pretty obvious that the extra acceleration is from the TM tuning in the automagic. Not any extra power the engine may make. (As we've seen when the shifts run out). Now not saying this is a bad thing. Shit use it . Here's one question for Pray or maybe one of his users. I saw a post where someone went back to put the Pray trans. kill tune in. Or something. So is this awesome trans. tune able to be run all the time? Or is it not recommended & to drive normally on say a stock trans. tune?

I already explained this to you once...Pray A8 cars are faster because of the trans tuning primarily. I was trying different trans tunes...and the tune I had in it was a car length slower then what I was running...I just called it the "kill" trans tune because it's the fastest combination I have found yet. I still could turn everything off(TM and Torque reduction) and it would be a little quicker yet.

SoFla01SSLookinstok 09-18-2018 11:21 AM

So if no equal modding & same tranny it's moot? So only Pray tune A8 vs Pray tune A8 is allowed correct? Otherwise mods aren't equal so moot. Sheesh this is getting like politics. Cant we just race?

BlkMach1 09-18-2018 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by kinglt-1 (Post 19970568)
So Pray tuned car is a M6 vs Katech tuned A8?

Pray tuned M6. the A8 is not katech tuned, its a local tuner named David, his tuning company or shop is called Ktuning. Sorry for the confusion with that.

SoFla01SSLookinstok 09-18-2018 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by kinglt-1 (Post 19970575)
I already explained this to you once...Pray A8 cars are faster because of the trans tuning primarily. I was trying different trans tunes...and the tune I had in it was a car length slower then what I was running...I just called it the "kill" trans tune because it's the fastest combination I have found yet. I still could turn everything off(TM and Torque reduction) and it would be a little quicker yet.

Easy man. Sorry... & thanks.

kinglt-1 09-18-2018 11:23 AM

I'm not upset...sorry if you took it that way. :)

Andes101 09-18-2018 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by kinglt-1 (Post 19970575)

People don't understand that since pray is a remote tuner you have to send logs back and forth to dial your car in, isn't as easy as having a local tuner tune ur car on the dyno with them there or jump in your car laptop in their lap and do some pulls to make sure everything is running smoothly, one big reason why I got accused of having a converter or spray lol cuz each week I got faster 😂

BlkMach1 09-18-2018 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok (Post 19970578)
So if no equal modding & same tranny it's moot? So only Pray tune A8 vs Pray tune A8 is allowed correct? Otherwise mods aren't equal so moot. Sheesh this is getting like politics. Cant we just race?

Agreed. Its just 2 GMs racing on video on a GM site and somehow people still want to argue. Everything has to be equal to be fair. jeez! lol