Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TT Flop Gen 1LE vs 6th Gen ZL1 1LE

 
Old 10-12-2018, 09:13 AM
  #41  
Teching In
 
automach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South MS
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Have you owned a boosted 5.3 with over 600hp?
Yes I have "owned" a few with a 100% slb Triton motor.
automach1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:15 AM
  #42  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (26)
 
kinglt-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,559
Default

Originally Posted by automach1 View Post
Going to take more than a grand said and done. They are hit or miss regardless of mileage. I personally think ~550 is the reliable limit of a 100% SLB 5.3 with a turbo combo.
Nope...all that really needs to be done is bearings, regap rings, new oil pump...etc. I was budgeting in a set of forged slugs. Then it's ready for more then 600whp all day.
kinglt-1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:17 AM
  #43  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Originally Posted by automach1 View Post
So 5.0 = 4.6 and 4.6 is a modular. Great logic.
cool....then there should be no issue pulling 1 head off and putting it on the other with no issue.

they're not as close as you think.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:20 AM
  #44  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 653
Default

Originally Posted by automach1 View Post
Yes I have "owned" a few with a 100% slb Triton motor.
I just noticed you where talking about the ford 5.3.

Last edited by Chris25; 10-12-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:33 AM
  #45  
Teching In
 
automach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South MS
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Did you purposely build them to low standards? Just asking because that doesn't seem to be real world.
They are pretty low in standards. Now take it part gap rings with Gen IV-V rods, install a set of decent heads, a cam to match, and they might do something.

automach1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:44 AM
  #46  
Teching In
 
automach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South MS
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
cool....then there should be no issue pulling 1 head off and putting it on the other with no issue.

they're not as close as you think.
You just can't face the fact the yote is a modular.
automach1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:23 AM
  #47  
Launching!
 
CamOnlyJabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 216
Default

A motor would flow better out if the box with boost that has twice the valves and four cams. Who would ever have guessed? That canít be why pretty much any car that came from the factory with a turbo in the last twenty years had 4vís per cylinder. Strange. Those motors also very seldom get swapped to another platform because of that same complexity as a 5.0/5.4/5.8. Thank god the 5.0 can handle some boost. If not the dealership/bank would have a hard time letting you turn in a leased car with a blown engine.
CamOnlyJabroni is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:36 AM
  #48  
Teching In
 
automach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South MS
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
A motor would flow better out if the box with boost that has twice the valves and four cams. Who would ever have guessed? That canít be why pretty much any car that came from the factory with a turbo in the last twenty years had 4vís per cylinder. Strange. Those motors also very seldom get swapped to another platform because of that same complexity as a 5.0/5.4/5.8. Thank god the 5.0 can handle some boost. If not the dealership/bank would have a hard time letting you turn in a leased car with a blown engine.
So ls is junk 10-4
automach1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:51 AM
  #49  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (53)
 
Mike Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Md/PA/FL
Posts: 1,479
Default

At Ecklers we had a few stock shortblock 5.3s in C5s and C4s. All past 700 including a brand manager. He was too busy replacing transmissions though.
Mike Morris is online now  
Old 10-12-2018, 12:25 PM
  #50  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Originally Posted by automach1 View Post
You just can't face the fact the yote is a modular.
i know exactly what it is. I know it's far better than that old modular junk. I know parts don't swap easily between them. I know a modular pcm ain't gonna control a coyote. I know the harness doesn't work. You acted like they were as interchangeable as the ls stuff. And they're not.

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
A motor would flow better out if the box with boost that has twice the valves and four cams. Who would ever have guessed? That canít be why pretty much any car that came from the factory with a turbo in the last twenty years had 4vís per cylinder. Strange. Those motors also very seldom get swapped to another platform because of that same complexity as a 5.0/5.4/5.8. Thank god the 5.0 can handle some boost. If not the dealership/bank would have a hard time letting you turn in a leased car with a blown engine.
but the modular don't flow better. If it did it could make enough power to compete na.....but it can't. Boost just masks it because they typically run them with more boost.

that's why the 5.8 runs at more boost with a smaller blower than the lt5....hell the lt4 runs at less boost with a smaller and the same power. The ls9 made nearly the same power with a lesser flowing blower on 5lb less boost. The lsa would no doubt make more power than the 5.8 at the same boost level and efficiency and has been known to hold more power.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 12:38 PM
  #51  
Teching In
 
automach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South MS
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
i know exactly what it is. I know it's far better than that old modular junk. I know parts don't swap easily between them. I know a modular pcm ain't gonna control a coyote. I know the harness doesn't work. You acted like they were as interchangeable as the ls stuff. And they're not.


but the modular don't flow better. If it did it could make enough power to compete na.....but it can't. Boost just masks it because they typically run them with more boost.

that's why the 5.8 runs at more boost with a smaller blower than the lt5....hell the lt4 runs at less boost with a smaller and the same power. The ls9 made nearly the same power with a lesser flowing blower on 5lb less boost. The lsa would no doubt make more power than the 5.8 at the same boost level and efficiency and has been known to hold more power.
Out the box they are better as they should be. Talking pre 2005 stuff vs 2011. However they are still not the best modular engine. I did not act like nothing you clinically retarded midget. I told you that the crank/rods were interchangeable with the 4.6 stuff.

At the end of the day I will put my truck motor against any ls1/6/2/3/9/7/a with a similar combo. The fact you say the lsa would make more power than the 5.8 just goes to show how delusional you are.
automach1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 01:30 PM
  #52  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Maybe it shows how delusional you are.....by calling your blown 4v a truck motor. You know.....since they never put a blown 4v in a truck. Gotcha!
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:31 PM
  #53  
Teching In
 
automach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South MS
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Maybe it shows how delusional you are.....by calling your blown 4v a truck motor. You know.....since they never put a blown 4v in a truck. Gotcha!
Well for one being a 4v has nothing to do with the short block derp. It has a Triton "truck motor" block and crank. That is like saying a 5.3 is no longer a truck motor once you add different heads and a turbo lmao but it's ok Doug you are not the only LS my truck motor will gap.
automach1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 05:20 PM
  #54  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Cool....put it in sbe and see if it keeps up with those sbe 5.3 truck motors. But we know you won't. Cause they weak af.

btw....the 5.3 wasn't used in any performance application. It truly is a truck motor.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 05:23 PM
  #55  
Teching In
 
BlkMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: S. Fla.
Posts: 36
Default

y u no go LS1 after valve issue and try to do it TRULY bolt on setup?
BlkMach1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 05:24 PM
  #56  
Teching In
 
automach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South MS
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Cool....put it in sbe and see if it keeps up with those sbe 5.3 truck motors. But we know you won't. Cause they weak af.

btw....the 5.3 wasn't used in any performance application. It truly is a truck motor.
Probably go boom at 600 just like a 5.3. Triton is truly a truck motor
automach1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 05:29 PM
  #57  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Originally Posted by BlkMach1 View Post
y u no go LS1 after valve issue and try to do it TRULY bolt on setup?
ls7 is truly bolt on.

you shoulda tried to leave the 13s na in your 5br0

Originally Posted by automach1 View Post
Probably go boom at 600 just like a 5.3. Triton is truly a truck motor
lol....pos triton wouldn't make to 450. Do it....prove me wrong.

Hell your ***** *** still ain't ran that pos 5.4 truck you have. You were supposed to do that.....just alot of mouth is all you are.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:46 PM
  #58  
11 Second Club
 
Poppacapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 67
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
i said lt. I didn't specify lt1. But yea it is to. They're just as strong as ls3 stuff and furd still don't have a answer for that.
Going to disagree on the LT1 power handling. Pistons are the weak point. Its an awesome NA platform, but boosted they are done for at 650ish-700rwhp and still require meth because of stock fuel system limitations. I would compare their power handling capabilities to Gen1 Coyote(good for 650ish rwhp sbe). Fuel system solutions are coming out slowly though and fueling will get cheaper. I also anticipate LT5 dual injection tech to filter down the line. There are also simple dropin piston replacements available now that match the oem pistons gram for gram. So you can do the piston swap with the motor in the car and be able to to handle 1000+rwhp.

LT4 is another story. It will handle more power sbe than the Gen3 Coyote. It is a beast. Again.. limitation is stock fuel system. Aux port injection solutions are available tho but will cost 4-5k range now.

Last edited by Poppacapp; 10-12-2018 at 11:53 PM.
Poppacapp is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 PM
  #59  
11 Second Club
 
Poppacapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 67
Default

Originally Posted by BlkMach1 View Post
El oh El. That must be why everyone goes with forged rotating assemblies on the camaro LT1s right around 700-750whp depending on how fluffy their dyno is.
Meh.. again... simple dropin pistons thrown in while motor is in the car will take you over 1000. OEM rods are good for it
Poppacapp is offline  
Old 10-13-2018, 01:16 AM
  #60  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (53)
 
Mike Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Md/PA/FL
Posts: 1,479
Default

Poppa ftw. F U poppa
Mike Morris is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: