Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Again not a kill unless we are talking about H/C 6th Gen records.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
I have 400lbs on them but who's counting. I am still on the plastic manifold and what not as well. They built a beast that we haven't seen run in 0 DA. But I am fb oing to give it hell this winter with everything lined out.
i seen they claimed 3300lbs. Plus their best time wasnt wifh regular driver. But it was at a crappy track i know first hand. But i still think you can beat them in the end. Hell they got manual brakes and all on that car. Lol
Old 10-23-2018, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
i seen they claimed 3300lbs. Plus their best time wasnt wifh regular driver. But it was at a crappy track i know first hand. But i still think you can beat them in the end. Hell they got manual brakes and all on that car. Lol
bull butter!!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thing was my daily till the DS broke. It could still be if I put the muffler back on and had tags. I am shaving another 100lbs or so but at that point I am done. Goal has been 9.70@137 H/C SBE the entire time. I am pretty confident I will se that this winter. Once that is done TSP is going to get a 440ci short going for me and I will go hog wild on the H/C with sheet metal IM. Shooting for 8's on motor and then adding a shot of juice.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

And a Holley ECU system with a 6k gforce 9" rear and 4.56 gears. Does not in any shape of form represent what most M6 cars will run. That fastest true 6th gen M6 car is Zach Bowman who went 10.4 @ 132 using the stock ECU, no crazy weight reduction, GPI track attack H/C package. I am not saying there is anything wrong with what TSP did with that car...it flies but I see guys throwing saying that the M6 has the record and it's not really apples to apples is all.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
And a Holley ECU system with a 6k gforce 9" rear and 4.56 gears. Does not in any shape of form represent what most M6 cars will run. That fastest true 6th gen M6 car is Zach Bowman who went 10.4 @ 132 using the stock ECU, no crazy weight reduction, GPI track attack H/C package. I am not saying there is anything wrong with what TSP did with that car...it flies but I see guys throwing saying that the M6 has the record and it's not really apples to apples is all.
So pretty much full on racecar vs your joe blow daily driver and 6spd guys are so happy over the tsp but not one of them are close to racecar times lmao
Old 10-23-2018, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OneSlowV

So pretty much full on racecar vs your joe blow daily driver and 6spd guys are so happy over the tsp but not one of them are close to racecar times lmao
You could call that an accurate statement.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Teching In

TSP is a full on race car when camaro guys are comparing that car to themselves.....but a basic HCI car when comparing it to mustangs....mmmmkay.

I agree that its a racecar.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
TSP is a full on race car when camaro guys are comparing that car to themselves.....but a basic HCI car when comparing it to mustangs....mmmmkay.

I never did that. I called it what it is. Their car is faster for mine and should stay that way for all intents and purposes.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

kinda like all the fast coyotes are just basic bolt on cars regardless of the conversation? Lol
Old 10-23-2018, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

kinda like all the fast coyotes are just basic bolt on cars regardless of the conversation? Lol
Both my 5.0 cars were basic fbo cars that did great . But I’ve seem some of them guys rolling around with no dash gutted to the max with a metal seat and still claim daily driver 😂
Old 10-23-2018, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
I never did that. I called it what it is. Their car is faster for mine and should stay that way for all intents and purposes.
Dont worry about him he didn't get his brohug today..
Old 10-23-2018, 07:41 PM
Teching In

My comment is in general and not making any direct accusations.

Welcome Chris, spent a day or 2 licking your wounds from the other thread, I see.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

My comment is in general and not making any direct accusations.

Welcome Chris, spent a day or 2 licking your wounds from the other thread, I see.
I recall that differently but hey you do seem to live in an alternative reality.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:57 PM
Teching In

And which alternate reality would that be mr 12.6?
Old 10-23-2018, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

And which alternate reality would that be mr 12.6?
Ehhh that 12.6 keeps you up at night huh lol
Old 10-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Oh yea, I’m in serious trouble.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Oh yea, I’m in serious trouble.
Only if your in a crowd at a Mustang meet.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

The TSP 6th gen was also running port fuel injection. So taking a few steps back there. The reason it went that way is partially because of what Pray is encountering. Any issues with ecm stock stuff while running down the track and it tries to nanny something and its not only a bad day, but at 130+ mph it could punch your ticket.
The car uses their shelf cam, shelf heads, their camaro headers and an out of box holley intake with copo parts. No special grind. No months waiting on top secret hand porting etc etc. Ls7 lifters also if im not mistaken.
Stock T56 also.
You can literally buy the parts off the shelf and have them in a few days. No solid roller either. THAT is what makes the tsp car relatable to the public.
Not sure on Prays setup, so he would have to let you know there.

Their 5th gen car is the same way. Shelf cam, heads, headers, and out of the box unported FASTls3 long runner with hyd roller lifters.

Pray, keep runnin strong, and next time just use an anchor for line lock, it may work better.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
The TSP 6th gen was also running port fuel injection. So taking a few steps back there. The reason it went that way is partially because of what Pray is encountering. Any issues with ecm stock stuff while running down the track and it tries to nanny something and its not only a bad day, but at 130+ mph it could punch your ticket.
The car uses their shelf cam, shelf heads, their camaro headers and an out of box holley intake with copo parts. No special grind. No months waiting on top secret hand porting etc etc. Ls7 lifters also if im not mistaken.
Stock T56 also.
You can literally buy the parts off the shelf and have them in a few days. No solid roller either. THAT is what makes the tsp car relatable to the public.
Not sure on Prays setup, so he would have to let you know there.

Their 5th gen car is the same way. Shelf cam, heads, headers, and out of the box unported FASTls3 long runner with hyd roller lifters.

Pray, keep runnin strong, and next time just use an anchor for line lock, it may work better.
To caveat my next writing let me say that TSP and I work hand and hand. They grind all of my custom cams specs on their cores and I order all of my parts from them. It has been that way since 07'. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in this game. Especially since they are huge I am, for all intents and purposes, really a nobody in this game.

I appreciate your comments and your point of view. You make some good points however we diverge on our opinions on how they read out.

People have an issue with the "off the shelf" suggestion since if you put that head and cam combo in my car or any other normal person's car it now runs 10.70's, not 9.80's in like weather that they did it in. TSP also offers a very wide array of off the shelf now. The more TSP and I work together and the more I have them grind my "custom" cams the more experience we get and things change. That exact combo they ran needs to be spun to 7,500 or so for max results, hence the Highram and T56. Saying "out of the box" Highram doesn't correlate to what a plastic manifold is limited to no matter what we do to them. (I am currently running into that issue). But that same package with a plastic manifold like 98% of people run will not run like it does in their car. I would have to closely examine the Highram to see where gains can be made but I bet there isn't a lot of meat on the bone. Not to mention the benefits of having the COPO hood and direct ram air with no filter. However, TSP now has plenty of other "off the shelf cam" that are much better designed for what I have discussed above. I don't know what fuel TSP was running or the compression so I can't say if the port injection helped or hurt them. On a normal car the DI is worth it's weight in gold.

I will say that my hand ported cylinder heads do out flow and out power everything else I have seen out there. But I have no choice right now but to hand port them. I am one dude working part time out of my garage around my full time real job. So yes, if you order heads from me, you will be waiting a while. I am working with TSP to get my STG 1 and STG 2 ports digitized and they will take over my CNC program after that. But if a customer doesn't want to wait then I sell them a set of TSP heads and adjust my specs accordingly. TSP has been awesome getting my custom grinds out the door in a week or two every time. I am sure they will do the same with the CNC heads when we get there.

I won't even get into what the TSP car weighs and everything that is done to the actual car to get it to run. Jason and the crew over there can get a car down a track like no other. I would love to drop my motor in their car and watch it run 9.20's. Or drop my car off to them and let them set it up. I am not really a drag racer to tell the truth. I do it to flesh out product and to improve R&D. I have to ensure I cover all of my bases with with the products I offer.

So my combo:

My STG 2 Heads
My STG 2 MSD
My 95mm TB
My NBK Hydraulic Roller cam (Natural Born Killer)
1207X springs
Johnson lifters (I have always run LS7's but since this is a R&D car I upgraded for longevity)
TSP Roller rockers (testing them for TSP)
Roto-fab Dry
ASP U/D pulley
Kooks 2" (TSP didn't have headers way back when I did mine)
My custom 3" exhaust
My custom Ram Air

You are no doubt on point with how scary the car is when it wants act up. TC has kicked on and other strange anomalies going down the track that have tried to put me into the wall and what not. I have to get this thing fixed and road worthy.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:14 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

Im not saying just any car can do what yours or TSPs does. But for the money, time spent, and on shelf availability, its very hard to beat.
I AM saying that if they took more time into the extra stuff they would go even faster, but as far as the engine and trans goes, its all readily available. The better part is, they didnt have to. Some people want custom cams. Thats fine. But like you said, they have so many shelf grinds, its hard to not find one that will fit. Most guys dont know how or dont want to flycutt etc etc, so again, the proven off shelf parts are there.
Like i said, i know nothing of your build or cams etc so im not speaking about you or your product. It does straight rip, which is great. The SBE and other NA classes/records are very interesting and i enjoy them much more. Keep on rockin.