Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6gen vs 5.0's vs 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
I was lowered on the BMR springs with SE 1 7/8 headers and TSP true duals dumped before the axle I would rarely scrape just takes some time to get the exhaust tucked up nice and neat.
You're right as I could probably tuck the TD's up tighter. Don't think I'll be doing anything soon. I have no problem being the odd ball. Lol.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Lol. I'm obviously not the best/fastest on the shifts. I kept trying to get more turkey & ham lol.

It's ok you can blame it all on me. The front end does jump around. That's 17 year old shocks & springs for ya with some hp. Still rides great though.

I've thought about things. Hey that's stock for ya. Nothing is broken lol.
well....it is your fault. You own the car.

Those orange decarbons were junk when new. A good set of bilstiens would do wonders for it in all round performance.....or konis. All that flopping around is using power and slowing acceleration. So again you fault for being a idiot and thinking 17yr old shocks are good enough for the forces from 500whp.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

You're right as I could probably tuck the TD's up tighter. Don't think I'll be doing anything soon. I have no problem being the odd ball. Lol.
Yah I know ......... but man a proper set of shocks and springs really make an Fbody come alive. I might be coming down that way for a half mile event in January be cool to get some runs in with my slow boat.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
well....it is your fault. You own the car.

Those orange decarbons were junk when new. A good set of bilstiens would do wonders for it in all round performance.....or konis. All that flopping around is using power and slowing acceleration. So again you fault for being a idiot and thinking 17yr old shocks are good enough for the forces from 500whp.
Lol. Well it's good enough for me. Obviously not good enough to be in the hiho crew. Good thing I don't mod my car for other people. It makes me smile when people talk down about my ride.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris25
Yah I know ......... but man a proper set of shocks and springs really make an Fbody come alive. I might be coming down that way for a half mile event in January be cool to get some runs in with my slow boat.
Maybe one day lol. That would be cool. Send a PM if any details.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Maybe one day lol. That would be cool. Send a PM if any details.
Will do man.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Lol. Well it's good enough for me. Obviously not good enough to be in the hiho crew. Good thing I don't mod my car for other people. It makes me smile when people talk down about my ride.
if you like performance cars it's actually not good enough for you. It's jist another lame excuse.....or you can't afford to get nee shocks. Which is fine......but don't use that excuse and good enough because they're not.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

if you like performance cars it's actually not good enough for you. It's jist another lame excuse.....or you can't afford to get nee shocks. Which is fine......but don't use that excuse and good enough because they're not.
WTF. Lol. So now I'm making up excuses? You brought up the suspension jumping around on shifts. Not me idiot. Dude my car is not a race car like yours. It's a freakin stock car with some bolt ons. So tell me what's good enough for me then? Lol.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

My car is no where near a race car like you think. Just because it would drag the **** outta you will a bolt on ls6 doesn't mean it's a race car. But thanks for thinking it takes race car esque stuff to get there.

I brought up the car jumping around because it does.....idiot

i recommended bilsteins. Not because they're a race car shock but because yours are wore out/or the car just needs more damping for that much power. And that is about the best shock out there for the $ for a street car. I didn't really recommend the konis like i put on mine because you would be to ******* stupid to adjust them. It's highly obvious the less **** you do to a car the better off the car will be.

btw....of the shelf bilsteins are what we put on phils race car lol. I ran the stock bilsteins that came on my car to 11.0s

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-19-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

My car is no where near a race car like you think. Just because it would drag the **** outta you will a bolt on ls6 doesn't mean it's a race car. But thanks for thinking it takes race car esque stuff to get there.

I brought up the car jumping around because it does.....idiot

i recommended bilsteins. Not because they're a race car shock but because yours are wore out/or the car just needs more damping for that much power. And that is about the best shock out there for the $ for a street car. I didn't really recommend the konis like i put on mine because you would be to ******* stupid to adjust them. It's high obvious the less **** you do to a car the better off the car will be.

btw....of the shelf bilsteins are what we put on phils race car lol. I ran the stock bilsteins that came on my car to 11.0s
You have no idea what I think moron. Keep thinking you do though. Lol.

Don't tell anyone the settings they were on when you did the 1.2. You might start something. Lol
Old 12-19-2018, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Ir it's because they simply cant keep up when you only use the engine to make power.
they seem to keep up fine in these vids. Maybe gm should do something so Camaro can keep up with boost.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

You have no idea what I think moron. Keep thinking you do though. Lol.

Don't tell anyone the settings they were on when you did the 1.2. You might start something. Lol
well we know they won't be asking you about your 383 combo to run 11.9s and 1.8 60s......unless they want to know what not to do.

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
they seem to keep up fine in these vids. Maybe gm should do something so Camaro can keep up with boost.
it's not the issue you think it is to keep up with boost. But anything can run well with boost......even a 5cyl rs3.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

good pulls...looks like you guys have some fun down there in FL.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:15 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

Man I wanna run Flas fbody in my trans am . I think we be a good run
Old 12-20-2018, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mavn
Man I wanna run Flas fbody in my trans am . I think we be a good run
It would be cool to run. Have to say. From a dig I would have to try & catch you. From a roll probably different. Bunch of friends down here with different ls combos. Waiting for buddy to get his 4 door cts-v w/ 418 to be done. All for fun homie.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

So your 122mph car is getting pulled by 120mph cars and you think you gonna magically do better from a roll.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

So your 122mph car is getting pulled by 120mph cars and you think you gonna magically do better from a roll.
You in your time slip world. Lol. What 120mph cars pulled me? Maybe your dumb *** is talking about the first two runs with buster? Is Phil still coming down?
Old 12-20-2018, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Buster did pull you....he did trap 120.

Idk....ask phil. You be better off staying away from that thing. Total waste of time for you to run that car. But then you would know what a good running ls3 looks like.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Buster did pull you....he did trap 120.

Idk....ask phil. You be better off staying away from that thing. Total waste of time for you to run that car. But then you would know what a good running ls3 looks like.
Whatever you say. He gained about a 1/2 car on my 2-3 shift. Then I didn't fall back. Yes I did loose. Did he have the same mods at that time? I'm not positive. Also he's still on his street tire tard. I gained 3mph when I put a tire on my car. He's got even more tq to put down than me too.

K. Uh no I'm not scared of that car or your junk. Racing is not a waste of time for me. To much BS is a waste of time. I know you call that one h/c ls3 I ran slow because of it's track times down here also. Right?
Old 12-20-2018, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Whatever you say. He gained about a 1/2 car on my 2-3 shift. Then I didn't fall back. Yes I did loose. Did he have the same mods at that time? I'm not positive. Also he's still on his street tire tard. I gained 3mph when I put a tire on my car. He's got even more tq to put down than me too.

K. Uh no I'm not scared of that car or your junk. Racing is not a waste of time for me. To much BS is a waste of time. I know you call that one h/c ls3 I ran slow because of it's track times down here also. Right?
dougy likes to leave out that buster was on street tires and couldn't launch the car hard when it went 120

The pray manual car with basically same mods as buster and a drag pack went 11.0@124.

Edit actually here is that cars mods , so buster has better intake and TB
My ported stock IM/TB, Kooks headers, RF dry, my FF sensor and tuning. 28" drag pack.