Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

18 GT A10 vs 19 Camaro SS A10

Old 02-12-2019, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have something for the haters. First off Iíll clearly state, iím A Chevy guy. But I also call a spade a spade. The new 5.0 is fast. Very fast. I went to the track last month and ran my car. Guy with a new 5.0 starts talking to me about my car. I asked what he ran. Brand new car. Stock as ****. Stock tires. When he told me what it ran I told him I know this might be odd but I want a pic of his time slip. Told him how many doubters I see in the forums. He happily obliged. So if you doubt, this all I got for you....... (no reason to lie, Iím pro Chevy, anti ford. But it is what it is)

btw. There was a couple new ss Camaroís there and they were running mid to low 12ís. 19í Camaroís. Two of them. I didnít see them break in the 11ís all day. So whatever.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Teching In

So what are the Vettes running then? 10.9s?
I know GM will not make the Camaro quicker then the Vettes?

Both these times seems pretty quick for the 5.Bro and SS.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8 View Post
So what are the Vettes running then? 10.9s?
I know GM will not make the Camaro quicker then the Vettes?

Both these times seems pretty quick for the 5.Bro and SS.
Id assume they are pretty similar sucks the Vette cant fit the A10
Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

The claimed hero time for the stingray is 11.3
Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kfxguy View Post
I have something for the haters. First off Iíll clearly state, iím A Chevy guy. But I also call a spade a spade. The new 5.0 is fast. Very fast. I went to the track last month and ran my car. Guy with a new 5.0 starts talking to me about my car. I asked what he ran. Brand new car. Stock as ****. Stock tires. When he told me what it ran I told him I know this might be odd but I want a pic of his time slip. Told him how many doubters I see in the forums. He happily obliged. So if you doubt, this all I got for you....... (no reason to lie, Iím pro Chevy, anti ford. But it is what it is)

btw. There was a couple new ss Camaroís there and they were running mid to low 12ís. 19í Camaroís. Two of them. I didnít see them break in the 11ís all day. So whatever.

That seems about right but to be fair for everyone that runs high 11's there are 4 that run low 12s same can be said for the Camaro as well. Problem is you never can tell what is actually stock with all the nonsense that goes on.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

5br0 guys lie........alot.

jus sayin
Old 02-12-2019, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
5br0 guys lie........alot.

jus sayin
i agree. I talked to the kid for a while. He was probably 19-20 years old. Didnít seem like a typical mustang owner. I know the car runs that for sure. And on stock tires. I saw all that with my own eyes. There are a few mag tests that got 11.9 at 119 out of an auto 5.0 too. I wonít lie. It makes me sick. Especially when I pulled up to this young girl the other day in a new 5.0, me knowing how fast her car really is and wondering why the hell some young girl needs a car thatís capable of trapping almost 120 in the 1/4. Also all the while knowing that my heads/cam/turbo gto will only beat it by 5-6mph trap speed. Iím jealous to be honest. But thatís technology. I could go buy one if I wanted to, but I prefer to mod so Iíll keep my old junk gto and my new Chevy truck. And be able to pull my camper and haul ****, and *** if I choose to drive the car.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiskeyGoat View Post
6G was obviously in break in period would curb stomp the 5.slo otherwise
until you beat a 4.6 2v then you can call a 5.0 slow
Old 02-12-2019, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im happy with what my 6th gen ran Iíve been disappointed with what the new bolt on a10 5.0 has been running though all have been stuck in the 11s . Itís sad when a A6 s550 is running 10s same day na but they ainít lol
Old 02-12-2019, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

At Orlandospeedway the na bros don t even run 11s unless they are gutted,have race brakes and open exhaust. The blown autos are however a different story
Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris View Post

At Orlandospeedway the na bros don t even run 11s unless they are gutted,have race brakes and open exhaust. The blown autos are however a different story
when an LS1 fan types in their password Ďls1killscoyotesí and the system says Ďsorry incorrect passwordí afterwards. Like so gheyyyyyy!!!
Old 02-12-2019, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post

Im happy with what my 6th gen ran Iíve been disappointed with what the new bolt on a10 5.0 has been running though all have been stuck in the 11s . Itís sad when a A6 s550 is running 10s same day na but they ainít lol
awesome. With the proper 60 you could have been 10.7 at least

did you get the brakes on?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

i agree. I talked to the kid for a while. He was probably 19-20 years old. Didnít seem like a typical mustang owner. I know the car runs that for sure. And on stock tires. I saw all that with my own eyes. There are a few mag tests that got 11.9 at 119 out of an auto 5.0 too. I wonít lie. It makes me sick. Especially when I pulled up to this young girl the other day in a new 5.0, me knowing how fast her car really is and wondering why the hell some young girl needs a car thatís capable of trapping almost 120 in the 1/4. Also all the while knowing that my heads/cam/turbo gto will only beat it by 5-6mph trap speed. Iím jealous to be honest. But thatís technology. I could go buy one if I wanted to, but I prefer to mod so Iíll keep my old junk gto and my new Chevy truck. And be able to pull my camper and haul ****, and *** if I choose to drive the car.
that's on you not the technology. Your set up leaves something to be desired. No reason at all you shouldn't be running the same times with just the h/c set up and no boost. Or boosted w/o the h/c should easily beat your times. Figure it out a bit more and you'll be good to go and running well into the 10s .
Old 02-12-2019, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1 View Post

awesome. With the proper 60 you could have been 10.7 at least

did you get the brakes on?
Car was having issues that day found out I had a vacuum leak and tune needed more work . And the front brakes will be here today I plan on doing all 4 this week and going back to the track March 30th
Old 02-12-2019, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post

Car was having issues that day found out I had a vacuum leak and tune needed more work . And the front brakes will be here today I plan on doing all 4 this week and going back to the track March 30th
cool let me know if the rears fit with stock arms
Old 02-12-2019, 03:27 PM
8 Second Club

The claimed hero time for the stingray is 11.3
My buddies bone stock A8 C7Z ran near that at my track last season.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

cool let me know if the rears fit with stock arms
will do
Old 02-13-2019, 12:54 PM
Banned

5.br0 was modded and Camaro was stock, not broke in and had a 300 lb passenger. Even those things up and the Camaro would have won by a bus. Furd just can't win...
Old 02-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Teching In

2v > hci 2000 prebuilt ls1
Old 02-13-2019, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

As Larrys slip shows. That camaro gets out of the hole strong & dips out. The times plus the 102mph 1/8. Also to ultra: them 6gens run awesome.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: