Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

18 GT A10 vs 19 Camaro SS A10

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Hio cant admit the 19 beat it LOL.

’had a passenger’

anymore other excuses why the camaro lost? Also short shifted to 2nd somehow?
Old 02-10-2019, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Camaro loses passenger and still going to get beat
Old 02-10-2019, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Be a dead heat then.

Be interesting to see how the a10 plays out in the camaro.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice races OP!

The Crew narrative is entertaining. First, the A10 was the only thing that made 18 competitive, its "savior", just wait until the SS gets it and its all over. Now the A10 is a "power adder" on the GT but not on the SS because...it compliments the high revving 5.0 better??? SS needs sport mode, needs more miles, needs less passenger. Both cars are awesome, neither need your excuses.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Actually thete is several things furd changed to make the 18 5br0 not flat out get it's *** handed to it. They redesigned the 5br0 itself and added the a10. The m6 car still seems to get wore out.

It's no secret alot of these cars unlock power with break in. That's happened for a long time now. Even my old ls1 totally changed at 10k miles. Sounded different and went from being rather tame to being somewhat violent for what it was.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Actually thete is several things furd changed to make the 18 5br0 not flat out get it's *** handed to it. They redesigned the 5br0 itself and added the a10. The m6 car still seems to get wore out.

It's no secret alot of these cars unlock power with break in. That's happened for a long time now. Even my old ls1 totally changed at 10k miles. Sounded different and went from being rather tame to being somewhat violent for what it was.
Man you are dumber than a bag of rocks. I can't even make fun of you anymore on here.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Dougy talks **** on m6 bro yet m6 Camaro is way behind the auto Camaro. Hmmm

A10 is power adder on bro but just normal trans on Camaro lol

Camaro gets rapes stock to stock, a10 to A10, at very close weights .Yet Camaro magically making up them buses without a passenger.

Seems Camaro should of kept the a8
Old 02-11-2019, 07:24 AM
Teching In

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Good kill , let the excuses drop in as expected .
Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Fast forward to 9:12 for run of 19 SS vs 19 GT both stock.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LaBLKv6Z
Nice runs. A little off topic, how easy is it to accidentally put the car in snow mode while racing?
I have a premium '18 GT and all of the drive modes are only selectable from a toggle switch that is at the bottom of the center console, far away from the steering wheel. One would have to actually put forth effort to accidentally switch drive modes while racing.

As someone did mention, at least in the mustang, the drive modes make a huge difference. The ideal way in the mustang to roll race is to have the car in Drag mode with AdvanceTrac turned off, manually select the gear when the transmission is in regular (D) drive mode, and then place the transmission into Sport mode after the gas pedal is mashed. Drag mode from the factory pretty much turns off all torque reduction and stuff like that, without needing a custom tune to do so.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XQirNno-eQ
Impossible if we apply BRO logic here because a stock one lost to a modded bro they all should even stock for stock...... and I guess we need to rip the a10 out doesn't look like its working huh........
Old 02-11-2019, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
Man you are dumber than a bag of rocks. I can't even make fun of you anymore on here.
Shut up ****. If i wanted to hear any **** from you i would squeeze your face.
Originally Posted by necrocannibal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XQirNno-eQ
lolz

lets not over look that the race op posted his 5br0 is modded along with the camaro carrying a passenger.

Originally Posted by AWPer
I have a premium '18 GT and all of the drive modes are only selectable from a toggle switch that is at the bottom of the center console, far away from the steering wheel. One would have to actually put forth effort to accidentally switch drive modes while racing.

As someone did mention, at least in the mustang, the drive modes make a huge difference. The ideal way in the mustang to roll race is to have the car in Drag mode with AdvanceTrac turned off, manually select the gear when the transmission is in regular (D) drive mode, and then place the transmission into Sport mode after the gas pedal is mashed. Drag mode from the factory pretty much turns off all torque reduction and stuff like that, without needing a custom tune to do so.
yea the modes seem very important these days. And if there is tm involved on a engine with less tq it's more involved on a engine with more tq.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Rumor has it the LT engine was so great Furd went back to pushrod.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
If AOC gets her way, we wont have any internal combustion cars to drive eventually.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

So a member here is cool enough to post up his experience. Every freaking excuse in the book comes out to why the mustang won against the cheby. This, that, passenger, break in, mods on stang(catback) etc. Then the you tube racers start posting races they acually have nothing to do with or know nothing about. But hey.. it's on you tube & says this. Lol.

From my experience with hiho he would say "well it's the cameros fault for running with passenger & before break in". Since the cheby lost hiho in different mode. How many miles on mero hiho? Also in the other vid posted was the stang broken in yet? Mileage please. Also any mods on mero? Oooops

This is funny

Last edited by SoFla01SSLookinstok; 02-11-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
If AOC gets her way, we wont have any internal combustion cars to drive eventually.

That bitch is ******* nuts, and that is something everyone here can agree on.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

I think most of us know that there was a handful of engine changes in 18, bore size, cylinder head design etc. And I agree, break-in time is a real thing. I was more or less referring to the A10 shinanigans and how it seemingly makes you ill to NOT say something derogatory about a noncrew/nonGM car.

I'd take an M6 SS personally, I'm not ready for the future yet.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Banned

That moment when Hio thinks she knows everything.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris25
Troof.....now you can buy a ls swap straight from furd.
Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Internal combustion won't go away in our life time but if people like her get in they will make conventional gas/diesel engines unaffordable to opperate.

With that said

Electric powered cars ftw. Instant tq, instant tc, tq vectoring is the future of performance. Just need a better power storage system to be completely viable.
Originally Posted by Turdinator
That bitch is ******* nuts, and that is something everyone here can agree on.
I think some here actually support her.
Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
So a member here is cool enough to post up his experience. Every freaking excuse in the book comes out to why the mustang won against the cheby. This, that, passenger, break in, mods on stang(catback) etc. Then the you tube racers start posting races they acually have nothing to do with or know nothing about. But hey.. it's on you tube & says this. Lol.

From my experience with hiho he would say "well it's the cameros fault for running with passenger & before break in". Since the cheby lost hiho in different mode. How many miles on mero hiho? Also in the other vid posted was the stang broken in yet? Mileage please. Also any mods on mero? Oooops

This is funny
Just pointing out facts 12~ 383 guy.
Originally Posted by Turdinator
I think most of us know that there was a handful of engine changes in 18, bore size, cylinder head design etc. And I agree, break-in time is a real thing. I was more or less referring to the A10 shinanigans and how it seemingly makes you ill to NOT say something derogatory about a noncrew/nonGM car.

I'd take an M6 SS personally, I'm not ready for the future yet.
I still like driving a car vs riding in a car. So m6 ftw

i don't say anything derogatory towards peoples cars till they start on me.

There were a pile of changes to the 18 coyote because the 15-17 got mauled by the 6gen. The changes were a good thing. The coyote is pretty much done now w/o boost tho.
Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
That moment when Hio thinks she knows everything.
why don't you post something of value. That would be a switch.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Always plenty of whining when the Mustang is lighter, now there's whining when they're the same weight.