Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6th gen vs 100 shot A10 mustang

Old 03-18-2019, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
+1 for the MTs anything is better than a nitto though lol

​​​​I pulled 3.4 0-60(47 degree roads) on a 305/35/20 555r when bolt-ons. The issue isn't compound, it's height. 26" tires are worthless in the street. Needs a 28" in any brand of DR and it will be night and day.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
The hoosiers feather up and become useless. They are a race tire.
ive never had a issue with them on the street but after the lighter brakes itís just roasting them
Old 03-18-2019, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kinglt-1 View Post
​​​​I pulled 3.4 0-60(47 degree roads) on a 305/35/20 555r when bolt-ons. The issue isn't compound, it's height. 26" tires are worthless in the street. Needs a 28" in any brand of DR and it will be night and day.
I've had nittos Hoosier and MT's between the three I'd place Nitto at the back of the line. Not saying they can't get the job done just saying there are much better options out there. Hell a federal rsrr would probably hook as well as an nto5r at half the price.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

I've had nittos Hoosier and MT's between the three I'd place Nitto at the back of the line. Not saying they can't get the job done just saying there are much better options out there. Hell a federal rsrr would probably hook as well as an nto5r at half the price.
Is this from a primarily racing stand point? Or all around street/strip drag radial perspective? I hate when I hear of guys hydroplaning on some of those DR's. But not everyone uses their car normally so in rain isn't really a problem for them.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

I've always used a rain worthy dr on my camaro. Either nitto or m&h do fine in the rain.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
Is this from a primarily racing stand point? Or all around street/strip drag radial perspective? I hate when I hear of guys hydroplaning on some of those DR's. But not everyone uses their car normally so in rain isn't really a problem for them.
I am saying from a drap strip perspective. Nittos work fine on the street but like I was saying you can pick up Federal RS-RR for relatively cheap and get the same results. As you can imagine living here Ive driven both Nittos and MT's daily in the rain never once had a hydroplane issue its just one of those things got to pay attention and take it slow.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

I am saying from a drap strip perspective. Nittos work fine on the street but like I was saying you can pick up Federal RS-RR for relatively cheap and get the same results. As you can imagine living here Ive driven both Nittos and MT's daily in the rain never once had a hydroplane issue its just one of those things got to pay attention and take it slow.
True. In my experience there was just no need to go past the 555r. On the track, just doing a good burnout, they stick like glue. But my car is just a slow pos anyway. A summer radial would prolly hook. Lol. As said we all have different combos & so on.

Larrys car runs strong.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

True. In my experience there was just no need to go past the 555r. On the track, just doing a good burnout, they stick like glue. But my car is just a slow pos anyway. A summer radial would prolly hook. Lol. As said we all have different combos & so on.

Larrys car runs strong.
I've never had any experience with the 555r always ran the NT05R and you car definitely ain't slow just need to take it down to BMR and do some suspension lol
Old 03-18-2019, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

You definitely aren't stressing a 555r at the track with 1.8 60s soslo
Old 03-18-2019, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Larrys car runs strong.
thanks man I have the 555r to on my street setup and they hook pretty good . That A10 no slouch at all makes me wanna do a 100 shot but Iím going cam route here soon
Old 03-18-2019, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have had them all except Hoosier and I don't like MT on the street. They only hook for a short time then feather and they ride like ****. Nitto 555r , Toyo TQ , or R888(best) is a much better street tire option imo.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You definitely aren't stressing a 555r at the track with 1.8 60s soslo
Didn't your notch 60' in 1.8s? You could probably just use a good summer tire and let some air out for those short times. Probably don't even need to do a burnout.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I have had them all except Hoosier and I don't like MT on the street. They only hook for a short time then feather and they ride like ****. Nitto 555r , Toyo TQ , or R888(best) is a much better street tire option imo.
I've got the 555r in a 285/15" rim and unless I do a short burnout to get them warmed up a little, they spin like nuts. They're in great shape so I'll stick with them but I will be looking for R888s or so for my next street tire.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:39 PM
10 Second Club

Nope...i did 1.7s with 6 or 8yr old mickeys on it. Not even trying.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kinglt-1 View Post
I have had them all except Hoosier and I don't like MT on the street. They only hook for a short time then feather and they ride like ****. Nitto 555r or Toyo TQ a much better street tire option imo.
Havent had an opportunity to run the R8's yet for a street tire might try em out next time.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope...i did 1.7s with 6 or 8yr old mickeys on it. Not even trying.
Why would U keep MT's for 6 to 8 yrs lol where they a spare set strictly for burnouts.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Just what's on it. Not like it's a race car.

I've used r compounds on the street and track. They typically aren't as good as a dr.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

I've never tried at the track. It's just a leisurely stroll.

Full try mode I'd be 11.4s easy. Super max full try mode with ice, slicks, 2 step, Hio tears mixed with my gas to prevent detonation, probs 11.2.

The % of try has to match the result.
It helps bandaid hurt feels when cars with massive power run **** times. It's science.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just what's on it. Not like it's a race car.

I've used r compounds on the street and track. They typically aren't as good as a dr.
Yah but if they are not being stored in climate control garage 6 to 8yrs is going to make em worthless lol dry rot and pitted only good for a burnout at that point.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95 View Post
I've never tried at the track. It's just a leisurely stroll.

Full try mode I'd be 11.4s easy. Super max full try mode with ice, slicks, 2 step, Hio tears mixed with my gas to prevent detonation, probs 11.2.

The % of try has to match the result.
It helps bandaid hurt feels when cars with massive power run **** times. It's science.
Could be you weren't trying against marc either. Kinda looked like you were in neutral
Yah but if they are not being stored in climate control garage 6 to 8yrs is going to make em worthless lol dry rot and pitted only good for a burnout at that point.
yea man....i know.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: