Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Proof I don't pick on 5.0s

Old 04-19-2019, 01:22 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Well they all can't runs 9s from the dealership like bros sheesh........... #ittouchedtheoil
You understood none of that did you? LOL

PS. GayTeeOh seems hard to perform with. I spelt that out for all my slow frens. YW!
Old 04-19-2019, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
You understood none of that did you? LOL

PS. GayTeeOh seems hard to perform with. I spelt that out for all my slow frens. YW!
No I got it I was just pointing out that you cant just drive em off the lot and run 9s like you can a bro.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chris25
Lol this guy again must be tough on you spinning **** daily......... I said I thought mine ran 13s in jest and you flat out know that not sure why your all in your feels latley must be the bro comments that touch you so deep. Oh well........
Dude literally every post you make is a gigantic rushed run-on sentence stemming from how a DOHC 5.0 inappropriately touched you or something. My mustang is an old pushrod 5.0, I don't care about your opinion on new 5.0s I asked what your car ran and joking or not you said 13s. That's all the info I have on your car's performance outside of your dyno numbers in your sig.

My point about the GTO is ones that can actually move are few and far between. Cwarta had a sharp one that was fast.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:31 PM
8 Second Club

I’m actually amused that Chris thinks I care about br0s. Wow and Lol.

Note- kinda weird how he always brings them up...
Old 04-19-2019, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95 View Post
Dude literally every post you make is a gigantic rushed run-on sentence stemming from how a DOHC 5.0 inappropriately touched you or something. My mustang is an old pushrod 5.0, I don't care about your opinion on new 5.0s I asked what your car ran and joking or not you said 13s. That's all the info I have on your car's performance outside of your dyno numbers in your sig.

My point about the GTO is ones that can actually move are few and far between. Cwarta had a sharp one that was fast.
I will give you that they are few and far between but remember how few of them are left on the road, I think they just did a registry not that long ago and its was under 8k left. Look at what the Aussies do with Monaro's they can be made to perform. Always liked Cwarta's car BTW he addressed allot of the issues with the car I hope to have sorted by then end of this year like the rear but I think he beat allot of the Cobras with bolt ons if I remember? not the built 416 might be wrong * Correction nightmare TA.

Last edited by Chris25; 04-19-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
Iím actually amused that Chris thinks I care about br0s. Wow and Lol.

Note- kinda weird how he always brings them up...
Aren't they the measuring stick for fast Furd's definitely weren't those terminator things Furd used to sell...... lol
Old 04-19-2019, 03:14 PM
8 Second Club

Aren't they the measuring stick for fast Furd's definitely weren't those terminator things Furd used to sell...... lol
Well it does seem like every generation of mustang has been faster than most gayteeohs.

So, I can kinda see your point.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Banned

Well Mac Attack we have an LSpoo GTbrO in this section and when I asked what he thinks he runs he says 13s with his driving. Then he listed 9 reasons why they can't move down the 1/4 mile. GTOs are comfy cars, though.
I don't listen to him though so oh well, however I've been trying and think I finally did convinced my lil brother to go to the drag strip and now it's only a matter of time. Plus this Chris guy said he would like to race us as well so I guess my lil brothers gto that makes a **** poor power of 425rwhp according to the crew and my shitty 349rwhp bc well it's a fat gen lol
Old 04-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MAC
I don't listen to him though so oh well, however I've been trying and think I finally did convinced my lil brother to go to the drag strip and now it's only a matter of time. Plus this Chris guy said he would like to race us as well so I guess my lil brothers gto that makes a **** poor power of 425rwhp according to the crew and my shitty 349rwhp bc well it's a fat gen lol
When I get my mustang down here after June, if you're in SC at all we need to do some friendly runs and then get some booze.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by "MAC" View Post
I'm definitely down to run just brought it up to my buddy last week just trying to get away from work long enough to go up there see what performs and what doesn't I mean all their is to that. How far are you from Ruby falls I think last time I was up there it was an hour and change from his house.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Banned

When I get my mustang down here after June, if you're in SC at all we need to do some friendly runs and then get some booze.
My man! If I could insert the giff I would but idk how.

I'm definitely down to run just brought it up to my buddy last week just trying to get away from work long enough to go up there see what performs and what doesn't I mean all their is to that. How far are you from Ruby falls I think last time I was up there it was an hour and change from his house.
I am something like 9 miles away from Ruby falls and I work at the bottom of look out mountain.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:39 PM
Banned

This summer is fixing to be hell for me which is great cause I desperately need the hours. College has killed my savings and my hours at work. But sounds like you come up here once and a while and in order for this to happen we all need to be on the same page about when it goes down. That way no ones time (mainly yours) is wasted when you come up.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My man! If I could insert the giff I would but idk how.

I am something like 9 miles away from Ruby falls and I work at the bottom of look out mountain.
Good spot man I love that pizza place in downtown. Maybe I'll catch the gap from a fatgen never know.... I am up that way at least 20 times a year if not more always nice to get away from the heat and humidity down here lol
Old 04-19-2019, 05:00 PM
Banned

Lol I have been away from Tampa for years so maybe my memory of the heat and humidity isn't that great but I've always thought Chattanooga was worse lol
Old 04-19-2019, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
But gto's were faster. So your delusions continue.
i will agree 6 liter GTOs are fast. however the 2004s are pigs.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8 View Post
Agreed..Here are some runs from a couple of my buddies...LS1 Camaro SS and LS2 GTO (Auto). Camaro does have weigh reductions though..

i was suprised to see the LS1 hang in there like that even with weight reduction. i have run a few 6 liter GTOs with unknown mods and the ones i ran aren't a joke. i dont take them lightly.

the LS1 GTOs i have run were a shame to the engine.

the 05-06 GTO is the car i should have bought. my short list was:

05-06 GTO: no platform issues
LS2 CTS-V: rear end getrag breakages
E55: expensive to maintain and fix
supercharged s type 4.2 Jag: ****

christmas 2009 :the ******* coyote hit the press and i fell for the joke.

i mention all of that because a 6 liter GTO FBO cam only is one bad bitch. and a 6 liter GTO with ported rectangular port heads and supporting mods is awesome. i missed out. too bad.hind sight is 20/20.

if anyone wants to do a straight up swap 6 liter GTO for my broken trans and front end coyote, i'm game.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

There seem to be severe tuning issues with the ls2 versions of gto's also. From the looks of it Ryan's 6.0 gto actually had a ls1 tune in it. Ls2's are good engines and if any ls engine ever needed a good cam it's the ls2. Their dcr is high and that makes them prone to kr.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
There seem to be severe tuning issues with the ls2 versions of gto's also. From the looks of it Ryan's 6.0 gto actually had a ls1 tune in it. Ls2's are good engines and if any ls engine ever needed a good cam it's the ls2. Their dcr is high and that makes them prone to kr.

Funny you should say that mine just melted the knock sensor wire over the weekend lol
Old 04-19-2019, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm gonna have to disagree respectfully. Both can be fast when nodded and both a drivers race stock. I'm not saying your experience is wrong just that gto are faster NA vs NA than 3vs. I'd even go as far and say when moded NA vs NA gto ls2 ones specifically are competitive with coyotes.
they sure as **** are. it all comes down to the exact mods on each car and the drivers LS2 GTO vs coyote. LS2s have 243s and cubic inches. that can be a potent combo with enough cam and bolt ons.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
i was suprised to see the LS1 hang in there like that even with weight reduction. i have run a few 6 liter GTOs with unknown mods and the ones i ran aren't a joke. i dont take them lightly.

the LS1 GTOs i have run were a shame to the engine.

the 05-06 GTO is the car i should have bought. my short list was:

05-06 GTO: no platform issues
LS2 CTS-V: rear end getrag breakages
E55: expensive to maintain and fix
supercharged s type 4.2 Jag: ****

christmas 2009 :the ******* coyote hit the press and i fell for the joke.

i mention all of that because a 6 liter GTO FBO cam only is one bad bitch. and a 6 liter GTO with ported rectangular port heads and supporting mods is awesome. i missed out. too bad.hind sight is 20/20.

if anyone wants to do a straight up swap 6 liter GTO for my broken trans and front end coyote, i'm game.
Check out the Facebook page and post that GTObuy sell and trade I'm sure you might find someone interested. I don't agree they had no platform issues but they are great cars with the ls2.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: