Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 16SS A8 pray tuned VS 04 cobra 620 rwhp whipple 2.9

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
Every manufacturer has issues and it's all about which way u lean that determines what your willing to accept or not. Just like politics Democrats and Republicans all have skeletons in there closet yet pretend the other is the devil.

My Ford ranger 300k miles stock spark plugs starter motor and trans. Problem free for life still have it and only changed the plugs nothing else. Both Mustangs huge piece of **** one cobra one 2007 model. My tundra best running and towing truck ever in a half ton no problems. Both 2001 and 2005 celica gt and gts giant turds. My 2005 Silverado has been great but my 2007 Silverado had electrical issues from the factory never did run right. My 2010 Camaro 2012 Camaro and 69 Camaro all great but the 1998 Camaro giant piece of ****. See it's all in what u want to claim is a shitty company but they all have great and terrible cars.
My cars has went like this.

78 5.0 monza- cool car with a few issues. Heater core big pita and chassis was poop for anything other than driving straight.

80 v6 monza- fine all round car. The lesser weight of the v6 improved everything except straight line acceleration

78 chevy stepside- a full time 4x4 and very robust truck with a 350 2bbrl. Drank enough fuel that it probably contributed to global warming

80 mustang notch- base model 4cyl fun to drive car with over heating issues

86 s10 4x4 sport- a 2.8 5 speed auction truck that was a great buy for a 2yr old truck that was nice overall and handled great. Had no 5th gear when i got it and the intake gasket cracked. Got hot, made noise like it was gonna blow up but took 30k miles to blow up with me trying to kill it. I beat the tar out of that thing and only broke 1 cv joint with limiter launches in 4x4 low on asphalt

78 caprice- mom bought new and gave to me at some point . Was almost flawless in almost 20yrs. Needed 1 starter in that time.

86 blazer- 305 700r4 than ran great till i started effing it up. Got great mpg on the highway (18+mpg). Lift/wheels tires 4.10s and lockers fixed that mpg issue . Swapping it in mud and water fixed the engine eventually. A mild built 400sbc fuxed the 700r4 and broke up all kinds of ****. Other than me tearing it up it was awesome.

99 camaro ss- bought new and other than one window motor at about 15yrs old and the other at 19yrs old it's been flawless except what i have tore up. To give you a hint to the life this car has had i broke the shifter at 7xx miles, broke the first set of brake rotors at 13k...both warrantied. They didn't warranty the second set of rotors 6k miles later lol. Broke the clutch at 22k miles and the trans at 26k miles which they warrantied with mods done to the car. It's been beat on but well taken care of.

03 silverado 2500hd- bought new and by far the best trucks of that era. Tows great for a 6.0 gas, quiet and handles loads well. The bad.....eats clutch fans and will run warm when it's time for another, brakes while powerful enough the oe rotors rust to **** bad but pretty much all the trucks of that era did that. Brakes lines went to poop and had to replace after 15 yrs but the whole stainless kit was only $66. Gauge cluster warrantied/recalled, had a hvac control motor go bad, had to fix the ebrakes too. Front end rebuilt. Now i do load it heavy but that stuff goin bad just shouldn't happen imo but it is a 16 yr old truck now. Mpg's could be better.

87 tpi vette- runs great for almost 230k but a pos

04 2500hd dmax- bought at 227k knowing it needs a headgasket but other wise is pretty good.

92 notch- termi swapped and pretty good overall. Intercooler pump can fool you into thinking it's working 100% and poly bushings suck *** and typical fox driving position sucks.

05 e320 cdi Mercedes- fine allround car with impressive mpg's. Fun to holeshot people wif a diesel

86 grand am- needed a headgasket at like 150k because a head bolt broke at the threads. Ran fine but would leak water. Running with the coolant cap loose fixed it for a while. Iron dukes were tough as nails and got good mpg's, up to 38 on the highway. Ran it to 186k before i got rid of it. Put a alternator and a starter on it.

Beretta- 3.1 v6 car with a rebuilt title ran great other than a broke injector wire likely due to the accident. New shocks and struts and it handled really really good for what it was. Decent mpg's for a v6 @ 33mpg highway

Originally Posted by JC316
Ding ding ding. This is what I do in my raving reviewer series that Hio loves so much. I point out the common flaws and problems with the mountain of cars that I've owned over the years. C4, C5, 3rd gen, 4th gen, 6th gen, fox body, SN95/New edge, 3V, Impala SS, GTO, 2nd gen ram, 3rd gen ram, 4th gen ram, 5th gen ram, OBS chevy, F150, Kia, panther platform, etc. I've yet to find a perfect car, every single one of them has something to talk about.
Because your review is bs. You're not old enough nor owned them long enough to know wtf you're talking about. Your review is based off rumors with no practical way to solve any issues.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 05-03-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:49 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
My cars has went like this.

78 5.0 monza- cool car with a few issues. Heater core big pita and chassis was poop for anything other than driving straight.

80 v6 monza- fine all round car. The lesser weight of the v6 improved everything except straight line acceleration

78 chevy stepside- a full time 4x4 and very robust truck with a 350 2bbrl. Drank enough fuel that it probably contributed to global warming

80 mustang notch- base model 4cyl fun to drive car with over heating issues

86 s10 4x4 sport- a 2.8 5 speed auction truck that was a great buy for a 2yr old truck that was nice overall and handled great. Had no 5th gear when i got it and the intake gasket cracked. Got hot, made noise like it was gonna blow up but took 30k miles to blow up with me trying to kill it. I beat the tar out of that thing and only broke 1 cv joint with limiter launches in 4x4 low on asphalt

78 caprice- mom bought new and gave to me at some point . Was almost flawless in almost 20yrs. Needed 1 starter in that time.

86 blazer- 305 700r4 than ran great till i started effing it up. Got great mpg on the highway (18+mpg). Lift/wheels tires 4.10s and lockers fixed that mpg issue . Swapping it in mud and water fixed the engine eventually. A mild built 400sbc fuxed the 700r4 and broke up all kinds of ****. Other than me tearing it up it was awesome.

99 camaro ss- bought new and other than one window motor at about 15yrs old and the other at 19yrs old it's been flawless except what i have tore up. To give you a hint to the life this car has had i broke the shifter at 7xx miles, broke the first set of brake rotors at 13k...both warrantied. They didn't warranty the second set of rotors 6k miles later lol. Broke the clutch at 22k miles and the trans at 26k miles which they warrantied with mods done to the car. It's been beat on but well taken care of.

03 silverado 2500hd- bought new and by far the best trucks of that era. Tows great for a 6.0 gas, quiet and handles loads well. The bad.....eats clutch fans and will run warm when it's time for another, brakes while powerful enough the oe rotors rust to **** bad but pretty much all the trucks of that era did that. Brakes lines went to poop and had to replace after 15 yrs but the whole stainless kit was only $66. Gauge cluster warrantied/recalled, had a hvac control motor go bad, had to fix the ebrakes too. Front end rebuilt. Now i do load it heavy but that stuff goin bad just shouldn't happen imo but it is a 16 yr old truck now. Mpg's could be better.

87 tpi vette- runs great for almost 230k but a pos

04 2500hd dmax- bought at 227k knowing it needs a headgasket but other wise is pretty good.

92 notch- termi swapped and pretty good overall. Intercooler pump can fool you into thinking it's working 100% and poly bushings suck *** and typical fox driving position sucks.

05 e320 cdi Mercedes- fine allround car with impressive mpg's. Fun to holeshot people wif a diesel

86 grand am- needed a headgasket at like 150k because a head bolt broke at the threads. Ran fine but would leak water. Running with the coolant cap loose fixed it for a while. Iron dukes were tough as nails and got good mpg's, up to 38 on the highway. Ran it to 186k before i got rid of it. Put a alternator and a starter on it.

Beretta- 3.1 v6 car with a rebuilt title ran great other than a broke injector wire likely due to the accident. New shocks and struts and it handled really really good for what it was. Decent mpg's for a v6 @ 33mpg highway

Because your review is bs. You're not old enough nor owned them long enough to know wtf you're talking about. Your review is based off rumors with no practical way to solve any issues.
Almost all of those cars had 0 technology in them. Newer cars = more technology = more **** to break
Old 05-03-2019, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

What it all comes down to in the end for is simple. No manufacturer makes a car so well that the customers feel no need to change customize and tweak to fit there exact wants and needs. I love that part because that's how I make a living now. Any vehicle with a no budget build can be made into a Cadillac riding BMW handling Corvette accelerating duramax towing vehicle all in one but none do it because it's not practical therefore people.buy what they can afford that gives them the luxuries they feel are important. My 2005 Silverado rides like dog **** but it's got clean *** 24s on it lowered stance and a 600hp motor under the hood. To some that's terrible but for me it's better than a happy ending massage. When I made 10$ an hour the chance of having a fast car didnt exist so I had a 2001 mustang i felt like was fast and I could afford it. Most ppl will defend what they buy and take offense to people making fun of the car for being slow or shittty almost like u raped there grandma it's just what car guys do but the personal attacks on family etc that aren't even apart of this forum takes a level of insecureness I've never seen before.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Banned

What it all comes down to in the end for is simple. No manufacturer makes a car so well that the customers feel no need to change customize and tweak to fit there exact wants and needs. I love that part because that's how I make a living now. Any vehicle with a no budget build can be made into a Cadillac riding BMW handling Corvette accelerating duramax towing vehicle all in one but none do it because it's not practical therefore people.buy what they can afford that gives them the luxuries they feel are important. My 2005 Silverado rides like dog **** but it's got clean *** 24s on it lowered stance and a 600hp motor under the hood. To some that's terrible but for me it's better than a happy ending massage. When I made 10$ an hour the chance of having a fast car didnt exist so I had a 2001 mustang i felt like was fast and I could afford it. Most ppl will defend what they buy and take offense to people making fun of the car for being slow or shittty almost like u raped there grandma it's just what car guys do but the personal attacks on family etc that aren't even apart of this forum takes a level of insecureness I've never seen before.
right. Good post.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Lol, the guy that has owned four performance cars, two fords, one import, and the rest GM is trying to give me crap, saying I'm not old enough, or owned them long enough to make reviews about them. First off, you don't know how old I am. Second off, just my personal list of cars dwarfs yours, not including the ones that I bought, fixed, and sold on a regular basis for over a decade, and not including the ones my family has owned that I fix and maintain. So my list looks like....

88 Silverado. Good truck, had some ground issues, heater core, but not much else.
95 Cadillac seville SLS. Bought with a bad transmission, suspension went bad, electronics went bad.
98 Seville. Bought with a bad head gasket, no problems after that.
93 300zx. Bought needing fuel injectors and plenum gasket, no problems after that.
95 Saturn SL2. Spun bearings and back A/C. One of about 20 more that had identical problems.
96 Mustang GT. Friend went 5-2 shift at 80MPH and bent some valves. $500 mark viii swap. Weird ticking that never got worse.
98 Mustang GT. Bought with spun bearing, rebuilt with PI heads, TOB sleeve broken, interior pieces broken
95 F150 I6. Bought with bad clutch and master cylinder. Looked and drove like brand new after that, over 250K when sold.
92 T-bird SC. Every problem imaginable, multiple times, didn't even want it back for $300 in impound fees after I sold it.
70 Cougar 351 2V. Rust problems, carb problems.
04 RX8. No problems, sold for financial reasons.
93 Formula Firebird. Needed the **** wiring fixed, reverse kicked out.
96 Mustang GT convertible. Needed a top and Ebrake fixed. Bone stock down to the filter -
97 Cobra. Paint peeling, mystery coolant leak.
98 Formula Firebird. Knock sensors, AIR pump issues, A/C lines blew up, scaring the **** out of me in the process, cracked radiator.
92 Corvette. Saggy suspension, heater core, optispark, spun bearing, another spun bearing, a/c compressor, horribly leaking rear main seal.
05 GTO. No problems, sold for financial reasons
00 WS6 Convertible LQ4. Bought with walked cam bearing, bad transmission, a/c line blew up, scaring the **** out of me in the process, headlight motors.
04 Ram 1500 Hemi. Bought with bad transmission, no other problems.
94 Impala SS. Front end work, interior work, A/C compressor, interior.
00 Corvette. Bad transmission, cracked frame at control arm mount, electronic issues, bad HUD, bad suspension, seat rock, column lock issue.
05 350Z. No problems.
07 Dodge ram hemi. No problems
05 Mustang GT. No problems
94 Impala SS. Bad A/C, needed front end work.
93 K5 blazer. Tuneup, 4wd actuator, control arms.
18 1SS Camaro. Interior rattles.

Then on my lot, wow. Easy 10 more mustangs, 5 more Fbodies, panther platform cars, Sunfire/Cavalier, Honda accord/civic/prelude/delsol, Silverados, Rams, F150's, Yukons, tahoes, expeditions, S10 blazers, explorers, grand cherokees, kias, hyundais, mazdas, focus, taurus, even a smart car. While I didn't own those cars for that long, I do notice the patterns of problems. So yeah, simply put you're outclassed.

My V10 ram is lifted, 4x4, lockers. Rides like crap, no mpg, but damn I love that truck.

Last edited by JC316; 05-03-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:18 PM
Banned

Lol, the guy that has owned four performance cars, two fords, one import, and the rest GM is trying to give me crap, saying I'm not old enough, or owned them long enough to make reviews about them. First off, you don't know how old I am. Second off, just my personal list of cars dwarfs yours, not including the ones that I bought, fixed, and sold on a regular basis for over a decade, and not including the ones my family has owned that I fix and maintain. So my list looks like....

88 Silverado. Good truck, had some ground issues, heater core, but not much else.
95 Cadillac seville SLS. Bought with a bad transmission, suspension went bad, electronics went bad.
93 300zx. Bought needing fuel injectors and plenum gasket, no problems after that.
95 Saturn SL2. Spun bearings and back A/C. One of about 20 more that had identical problems.
96 Mustang GT. Friend went 5-2 shift at 80MPH and bent some valves. $500 mark viii swap. Weird ticking that never got worse.
98 Mustang GT. Bought with spun bearing, rebuilt with PI heads, TOB sleeve broken, interior pieces broken
95 F150 I6. Bought with bad clutch and master cylinder. Looked and drove like brand new after that, over 250K when sold.
92 T-bird SC. Every problem imaginable, multiple times, didn't even want it back for $300 in impound fees after I sold it.
96 Mustang GT convertible. Needed a top and Ebrake fixed. Bone stock down to the filter -
98 Formula Firebird. Knock sensors, AIR pump issues, A/C lines blew up, scaring the **** out of me in the process, cracked radiator.
92 Corvette. Saggy suspension, heater core, optispark, spun bearing, another spun bearing, a/c compressor, horribly leaking rear main seal.
00 WS6 Convertible LQ4. Bought with walked cam bearing, bad transmission, a/c line blew up, scaring the **** out of me in the process, headlight motors.
00 Corvette. Bad transmission, cracked frame at control arm mount, electronic issues, bad HUD, bad suspension, seat rock, column lock issue.
05 350Z. No problems.

Then on my lot, wow. Easy 10 more mustangs, 5 more Fbodies, panther platform cars, Sunfire/Cavalier, Honda accord/civic/prelude/delsol, Silverados, Rams, F150's, Yukons, tahoes, expeditions, S10 blazers, explorers, grand cherokees, kias, hyundais, mazdas, focus, taurus, even a smart car. While I didn't own those cars for that long, I do notice the patterns of problems. So yeah, simply put you're outclassed.

My V10 ram is lifted, 4x4, lockers. Rides like crap, no mpg, but damn I love that truck.
Hio also said Toyota is crap knowing that Toyota has been the king of reliabilty forever now. With that being said Hio is definitely not a car guy just an online yapper.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guud rayces Ultra!

BTW.. you couldn't PAY me enough to be a mod in the SRK section.

Props to your patience Jay
Old 05-03-2019, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

05 350Z. No problems.

From what i can tell you know nothing about any of them. Bit i bet you think you know it all about them.....because narcissistic

Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
Hio also said Toyota is crap knowing that Toyota has been the king of reliabilty forever now. With that being said Hio is definitely not a car guy just an online yapper.
Toyota pure ****

Post up your junk hpipeblowmaster......or risk looking like the loser you are.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 05-03-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Damn hio is literally the blow-up Betty of this section
Old 05-03-2019, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Guud rayces Ultra!

BTW.. you couldn't PAY me enough to be a mod in the SRK section.

Props to your patience Jay
thanks. Ordered my rear brakes today. Gonna try to get a run in with him on my drag setup before he goes E85 tune and adds 100 hp . I’m fairly certain I can beat him convincingly as is him on 93 at 620. My 26 inch billet drag pack and further WR adds quite a bit. But I won’t bench race too much. I’ll let the vid speak for itself. I think I’ll walk him especially from a low roll
Old 05-04-2019, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

From what i can tell you know nothing about any of them. Bit i bet you think you know it all about them.....because narcissistic

Toyota pure ****

Post up your junk hpipeblowmaster......or risk looking like the loser you are.
How exactly would you know if I'm right or wrong? You have zero experience outside of a few of the worst cars GM ever made. Since you love to pull the experience card, I will do the same. Until you own and work on as many different cars as I have, be quiet.

Last edited by JC316; 05-04-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

I only listed what i have owned. There are several cars that i owned that i didn't list because i bought them to flip. Who knows how many cars i have worked on, far more than your list. I work on cars for a living.....mostly. Some family cars i have been involved with has covered several of yours that you posted. So yea....buying a car owning it for 6 months and just driving it doesn't mean you know **** about it.

Your results have shown you don't know much also. You're just a butt hurt snowflake.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

How exactly would you know if I'm right or wrong? You have zero experience outside of a few of the worst cars GM ever made. Since you love to pull the experience card, I will do the same. Until you own and work on as many different cars as I have, be quiet.
not sure if serious

PS why are the mods trying to ruin SRK
Old 05-04-2019, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
Damn hio is literally the blow-up Betty of this section
You still licking your wounds from that 114 car shitting you down in a big way i see.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Question for hiho. Do you think you know more than everyone?
Old 05-04-2019, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I only listed what i have owned. There are several cars that i owned that i didn't list because i bought them to flip. Who knows how many cars i have worked on, far more than your list. I work on cars for a living.....mostly. Some family cars i have been involved with has covered several of yours that you posted. So yea....buying a car owning it for 6 months and just driving it doesn't mean you know **** about it.

Your results have shown you don't know much also. You're just a butt hurt snowflake.
I also only listed the cars that I have owned, not the ones for resale. It would be impossible for me to make a list of all the cars that I've owned, worked on, and researched. In an auction setting, you have basically 5 minutes to check a car over without driving it, so you better damned well know what the common problems are, otherwise you're stuck with a POS that needs more work than you can get out of it. What results are you talking about? Over a decade of a successful business? A successful youtube channel? No, you think that racing is everything, and that making a single platform go 10's somehow gives you knowledge of brands and types of cars that you're never exposed to.

Originally Posted by big hammer
not sure if serious

PS why are the mods trying to ruin SRK
A guy that's never owned anything beyond GM is trying to claim that a guy that's owned basically every brand knows nothing about the cars that were his literal business for years. Not to mention, runs a youtube channel that has hundreds of owners agreeing with him. What it comes down to is that Doug feels that I'm inferior to him, and it drives him up that wall that I have more success than him in something. Thus he uses the only thing that he has a greater success at then me, which is racing, to attempt to belittle, even though racing success has absolutely nothing to do with general knowledge. I find it amusing to watch him rage.

As for the mods "ruining" SRK. Every one of these threads devolves into an insult slinging **** show. There's probably not a single thread in the last 6 months that doesn't have at least one of these mentioned...1.26 60 foot, 2v kills a 9 second beast, Ford sucks, GM is better, as expected, that GM was improper, you're narcissistic, NO YOU ARE!!!.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

I also only listed the cars that I have owned, not the ones for resale. It would be impossible for me to make a list of all the cars that I've owned, worked on, and researched. In an auction setting, you have basically 5 minutes to check a car over without driving it, so you better damned well know what the common problems are, otherwise you're stuck with a POS that needs more work than you can get out of it. What results are you talking about? Over a decade of a successful business? A successful youtube channel? No, you think that racing is everything, and that making a single platform go 10's somehow gives you knowledge of brands and types of cars that you're never exposed to.

A guy that's never owned anything beyond GM is trying to claim that a guy that's owned basically every brand knows nothing about the cars that were his literal business for years. Not to mention, runs a youtube channel that has hundreds of owners agreeing with him. What it comes down to is that Doug feels that I'm inferior to him, and it drives him up that wall that I have more success than him in something. Thus he uses the only thing that he has a greater success at then me, which is racing, to attempt to belittle, even though racing success has absolutely nothing to do with general knowledge. I find it amusing to watch him rage.

As for the mods "ruining" SRK. Every one of these threads devolves into an insult slinging **** show. There's probably not a single thread in the last 6 months that doesn't have at least one of these mentioned...1.26 60 foot, 2v kills a 9 second beast, Ford sucks, GM is better, as expected, that GM was improper, you're narcissistic, NO YOU ARE!!!.

dug currently owns more than just gm
Old 05-04-2019, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Yup

Hell 1/2 are even boosted.

If you noticed most threads i just say "good run" or if i don't like the person i don't even go in them. So thank you featherduster side for the **** show along with yourself thinking you know all cars with a 5min check before a auction.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
dug currently owns more than just gm

i own one GM. oh that's two. does that make me qualified for laying turds in the crapper? one GM is a LS. it makes the second LS we've owned. a bunch of GMs.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by assasinator
i own one GM. oh that's two. does that make me qualified for laying turds in the crapper? one GM is a LS. it makes the second LS we've owned. a bunch of GMs.
frig yeah LS is pretty good hey