Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > RACING DEPARTMENT > Street Racing & Kill Stories
Reload this Page >

Let's start shit . 100% stock 2009 Corvette vs 2018 5.0 with axle back and tune

Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Let's start shit . 100% stock 2009 Corvette vs 2018 5.0 with axle back and tune

Old 05-01-2019, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
Now you MUST know I was referring to displacement -

Isn't GM going away from push rods on next alpha engine for C8? Thought I read that -

Coyote motors going N/A really need the 103/103 options on intakes and throttle bodies with so much available rpm - IMHO

N/A the LT1 is clear winner - but you need a 150+ trap to be serious these days
(Some of the GPI and Pray cars are trapping what a good H/C C6Z used to trap - though comparing a 3:42 stick shift car to stalled A8 - from a roll above the desired trap speed a C6Z would walk away) - still impressive

*** I deleted BS thread to tidy up section - I'll get another one opened up shortly (trying to keep bosses happy)
what do you mean by serious?

150 mph street cars are something I havenít even seen personally yet. I beat plenty with my slow car. And 135-140 mph range low ten high 9 street car is usually the quickest car around that was driven to the track. I know plenty of them exist. But just from what Iíve seen 150 is well above just being serious on your average test night
Old 05-01-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1 View Post
what do you mean by serious?

150 mph street cars are something I havenít even seen personally yet. I beat plenty with my slow car. And 135-140 mph range low ten high 9 street car is usually the quickest car around that was driven to the track. I know plenty of them exist. But just from what Iíve seen 150 is well above just being serious on your average test night
Youíre referring to 1320 only Iím guessing. If you have a street/strip car that can turn 140+ on 93 then 150+ on E85 - thatís what Iíd consider strong these days.

Desires of 1000whp or more daily drivers (alpha cars) youíd be looking at Gofast Events, 1/2 mile, 1 mile and 60-180 roll racing - what Iím more interested in and thatís where this industry is headed
Old 05-01-2019, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Youíre referring to 1320 only Iím guessing. If you have a street/strip car that can turn 140+ on 93 then 150+ on E85 - thatís what Iíd consider strong these days.

Desires of 1000whp or more daily drivers (alpha cars) youíd be looking at Gofast Events, 1/2 mile, 1 mile and 60-180 roll racing - what Iím more interested in and thatís where this industry is headed
so the industry is going to something only rich people can do? Thatís a shame
Old 05-01-2019, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
That's funny. Duhg trying to get so equal on the vette vs stang. How bout just pony car to pony car? Instead of cheby flagship 2dr 2seat sports car to 2dr 4seat pony car..
Pony car to pony car still favors gm.
Iíll have to search for whatever test your talking about but an 8k rpm, smaller displacement 4 valve motor will always efficientlt spin higher and benefit more from boost.

See if if I can post these from my phone -

I search 8 sec G6 Camaro - notice mods and trap speed
http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...-kind-country/

Then 8 sec 18 Mustang - you donít even lift a valve cover - old vid itís proably even quicker (than 161 trap) now (stock engine and trans)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DSvUTjE4Xk4

Amazing

Iíll look into whatever comparison you mentioned see whatís up in those details

Before I even research, what would a 18 LT1 put out on 10lbs of boost (rwhp) vs 18 Coyote on 10lbs of boost?

Good info
Most people don't do **** right. Most these power adders has been centered around a flow that favors the 5br0 also.

But let's not forget nothing has been as fast as sbe ls stuff to this point. The 5br0s need a block or a significantly reworked block to even dream of it.

Hio please say youíre not talking about the Procharger LS / Coyote test? Send me your data
That is the data. It wasn't even close. It wasn't gonna be close. It will never be close unless you limit the ls.....which was limited in that comparison. Now they gonna limit it more in the next test.

Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post
O 6spds are slow carry on lol
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
ok I had to sign up to ask because thatís tempting. What are we talking here, I assume when you say 11.0 with headers & 10.5 with that nothing disproportionately significant has been changed to achieve these times, so what are we talking tuning or better flowing heads or what? Ls3 Vetteís May be moving up my short-list
11.0 was no headers.

Ls3 vettes are nasty if done right. Use a common sense approach and yours will perform just well. Maybe better if you do 3.90 gears instead of 4.10s.

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta View Post
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-be-done.html You can get all the details you want from my thread. It is well documented.
Documented very well.

thanks, looks like a fun journey. Not sure I was expecting any internals/springs etc to be counted as bolt ons but hey, either way, Iím impressed with what you managed to do with an SUV intake, not quite sure how that works but clearly it does
Rockers are considered by many as a bolt on. The springs i can see as a grey area but they were needed as the ratio of the rockers went up and the rates were only slightly more than stock. Might could get by with stock springs idk.....safety factor is there with the psi1511. Still stock cam stock heads.

smaller engine?

Lolz
Now you MUST know I was referring to displacement -

Isn't GM going away from push rods on next alpha engine for C8? Thought I read that -

Coyote motors going N/A really need the 103/103 options on intakes and throttle bodies with so much available rpm - IMHO

N/A the LT1 is clear winner - but you need a 150+ trap to be serious these days
(Some of the GPI and Pray cars are trapping what a good H/C C6Z used to trap - though comparing a 3:42 stick shift car to stalled A8 - from a roll above the desired trap speed a C6Z would walk away) - still impressive

*** I deleted BS thread to tidy up section - I'll get another one opened up shortly (trying to keep bosses happy)
Lt will spank the coyotah with boost. Like i said above. Most just don't do it right. Only thing really holding it back is a tight ring gap.

Use that procharger port injection intake with a set of twins and it's a done deal

Originally Posted by kinglt-1 View Post
I have seen a couple on drag packs post track times. They are not doing any better then the A8's which is why you don't hear about them. most don't frequent the forums, Just like the fastest Stock A8 6th gen time is 11.7x @ 119 on Stock tires but it isn't on the fast list... it was posted on FB.
Give it a little time. In the end i think the a10 will have a slight edge. Probably mostly show up in trap speed imo.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Lts wILl SPanK CoYOtE wItH BoOsT. LMAOOOOO
Old 05-01-2019, 10:12 AM

Is there an LT Camaro trapping 160 plus? Serious question
Old 05-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Teching In

IDK, but reality is most pump gas bolt on blower setups on Camaro6 make stock zl1 numbers. #fax. Usually something wrong with a coyote making those low numbers. Even the neutered Roush tunes make about mid 500s.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote "The 8.8 at 157 mph took a complete season to obtain and, according to the driver/owner, a lot of work"

This car even requires (other than custom built LT and F1A) a separate 50 shot of nitrous - to not trap 160..?

Maybe there is a LT Camaro I've missed?

I love bench racing details
Old 05-01-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by BlkMach1 View Post
IDK, but reality is most pump gas bolt on blower setups on Camaro6 make stock zl1 numbers. #fax. Usually something wrong with a coyote making those low numbers. Even the neutered Roush tunes make about mid 500s.
Correct - before I replaced my Hellcat the numbers LT Camaros with 10-12lbs of boost on factory engine were dismal - IIRC high 5xx
Old 05-01-2019, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

The stock SS fuel system won’t support past 5xx rwhp stock on boost.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Sure. How we gonna do this? Auto to auto m6 to m6 ? average the best of both? All out fastest stock? Why stip a spread?? Do you have no confidence in this?

But you realize you're talking a 10+ year spread now right? He said 9yr

We gonna use fastest 5br0 model vs slowest vette model? Or you want fastest model of both.......cause that be more fair really.

Or we can bump to a 12yr spread and use the fastest vette vs the fastest 5br0 or fastest mustang in general.

Why are you defending a 5br0? Do you own one? You gonna buy one?

Btw.....the a10 5br0 i seen at my track ran a 12.5. Which is actually a tenth faster than phil ran stock with a duff clutch on run flats.

Speaks accolades about my bolt on set ups eeh

Rockers are a bolt on and so is race fuel according to the mustang lists . I mean with them adjusting cam timing that seems fair.

No race brakes on phils car, wasn't gutted, no 2 step, basically stick suspension(bilstein replacement shocks, front bar removed and a gs rear spring)
So using your track then the new coyote a10 I'd quicker than ls3 vette cool stock for stock
Old 05-01-2019, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Wow. Amazing numbers from PBD with that yote. Glad Palm Beach is the county next to mine.

Don't forget if guys want to run 150+ traps at the track, or 8.99 & faster, you need a parachute. Along with cage & what not. Odd how 150+ mph stangs at SGMP running no chute, or cage at that, in that vid. PBD must be special? Or they only got that one/two runs full in. Lol.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Hey that 8 sec LT camero only cuts low 1.3x 60' times. Duhg thinks he did better than that slow car.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Hey that 8 sec LT camero only cuts low 1.3x 60' times. Duhg thinks he did better than that slow car.
Hahahaha dugless does 1.2s. But its a special 1.2 where you cut .4 off your 60ft but only .2 off your overall ET.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Probably not.....because again most people do **** like ****.

I splained how to do better.

Most those roush cars seem to struggle to get past mid 11s.

If you really want to test pump gas theories vs ls or lt stuff coyite will lose worse. It comes down to cylinder pressure. The coyotah has to run a a fuel first to make even the same power if both systems being compared are efficient.

Quote "The 8.8 at 157 mph took a complete season to obtain and, according to the driver/owner, a lot of work"

This car even requires (other than custom built LT and F1A) a separate 50 shot of nitrous - to not trap 160..?

Maybe there is a LT Camaro I've missed?

I love bench racing details
Who knows.....another reason to hate fb. Alot of stuff like that was on forums. Now there's just random **** everywhere.

Correct - before I replaced my Hellcat the numbers LT Camaros with 10-12lbs of boost on factory engine were dismal - IIRC high 5xx
Well since the lt can make 500whp with bolt ons i would say that's one terrible inefficient set up.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1 View Post
The stock SS fuel system wonít support past 5xx rwhp stock on boost.
This is where the auxiliary port injection comes in. The fuel would also help cool the charge in the port which would help keep the rings from butting to.

Originally Posted by "MAC" View Post
So using your track then the new coyote a10 I'd quicker than ls3 vette cool stock for stock
Than a hurt ls3 vette sure. Both in perfect running condition not so much.

See jay....more stupid repetition.

You 60 in the 1.8s with 500whp. Wtf do you know.......think about it.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro View Post
Hahahaha dugless does 1.2s. But its a special 1.2 where you cut .4 off your 60ft but only .2 off your overall ET.
I guess you have several problems here. You're either a dumbass, stupid, math stopped working, retarded, stupid again or just plain ignore the facts and make up stupid ****. So which is it?
My guess is all of the above.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Teching In

And you have the quickest 60ft backed up by the slowest ET of all time for that 60ft time, so what the **** do you really know? Lmao
Old 05-01-2019, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Well tell us what you know and what have did with ls stuff. Tell us about your current vehicles and your fastest passes.

Because you need something to back up your mouth here or it's just more **** spewing.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Dug, your response to why an LT1 wont run with a coyote, SLB/basic boost is that the LT1 needs another $2k for a fancy manifold and secondary fuel system. C'mon.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
I guess you have several problems here. You're either a dumbass, stupid, math stopped working, retarded, stupid again or just plain ignore the facts and make up stupid ****. So which is it?
My guess is all of the above.
So you are saying that in your time slip you didnt go from a 1.6 to a 1.2 then run nearly an identical final ET? You luv livin that tard lyfe.

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge View Post
And you have the quickest 60ft backed up by the slowest ET of all time for that 60ft time, so what the **** do you really know? Lmao
I guess he is a record setter after all.

Dug, your response to why an LT1 wont run with a coyote, SLB/basic boost is that the LT1 needs another $2k for a fancy manifold and secondary fuel system. C'mon.
Duglesses excuses always end being broken down to the Chevy needed more mods.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: