Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Let's start shit . 100% stock 2009 Corvette vs 2018 5.0 with axle back and tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

With boost right now the LT does need more mods. Two biggest problems are the fueling and tight ring gap. I just looked into it the other day and to hit about 650 rwhp on E85 is gonna take about 2500 in fueling upgrades alone. King here has the setup I was looking into and makes 600 in 5th (always 20-30 rw less) with no headers on 8 psi with a whipple. So I’m looking at about 8500 bucks installing myself for fueling and a whipple to make 650 rwhp

more than they requires more expensive fueling upgrades and likely a cam with increased fuel lobe. And after about 750 rwhp range rings need to be addressed
Old 05-01-2019, 01:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Is there an LT Camaro trapping 160 plus? Serious question
Motion went 7.7@180 in a Nova... Nova Camaro close enough lol

The fastest C6 is a hell of a lot faster then whatever was posted earlier, Carlyle has gone 6.5@223.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Since we’re talking about boost and LT’s and Coyotes - In my C6Z that I built in my garage and Mike @ VR tuned it (search my threads if you feel like it) I was daily driving a 636rwhp N/A 3050lb car and always curious what Coyote (like i’d set up) was going to yank me - admit it or not - they are killing it

Even if you fix LT fuel issue you still have to change pistons for boost. Then hope you don’t run across a proper coyote turbo auto

Here’s one of my favs - enjoy

Old 05-01-2019, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge
And you have the quickest 60ft backed up by the slowest ET of all time for that 60ft time, so what the **** do you really know? Lmao
Lets find a way to properly insult someone without a 4 letter word - give it a try
Old 05-01-2019, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Probably not.....because again most people do **** like ****.

See jay....more stupid repetition.

You 60 in the 1.8s with 500whp. Wtf do you know.......think about it.
Lol. Well, at least it was only about your bogus 60' time. You try to say was real. Look at you there!! Stating "most people do **** like ****". That's a pretty broad blanket statement there to everyone. Except you or your crew right?

Please explain how a 1.8 60' has anything to do with "what I know"? I know you didn't cut a 1.26 60'..
Old 05-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
With boost right now the LT does need more mods. Two biggest problems are the fueling and tight ring gap. I just looked into it the other day and to hit about 650 rwhp on E85 is gonna take about 2500 in fueling upgrades alone. King here has the setup I was looking into and makes 600 in 5th (always 20-30 rw less) with no headers on 8 psi with a whipple. So I’m looking at about 8500 bucks installing myself for fueling and a whipple to make 650 rwhp

more than they requires more expensive fueling upgrades and likely a cam with increased fuel lobe. And after about 750 rwhp range rings need to be addressed
Youre spot on -
Old 05-01-2019, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Dug, your response to why an LT1 wont run with a coyote, SLB/basic boost is that the LT1 needs another $2k for a fancy manifold and secondary fuel system. C'mon.
I'm saying I'm not a retard and try to mod everything the same.

Are you saying you're skeered if a proper lt......might as well throw a proper ls in there to.

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
So you are saying that in your time slip you didnt go from a 1.6 to a 1.2 then run nearly an identical final ET? You luv livin that tard lyfe.

I guess he is a record setter after all.

Duglesses excuses always end being broken down to the Chevy needed more mods.
How is my car always broke down? The ls6 ran for 16yrs w/o a hitch. I bent a few valves in testing, fixed it and it ran more. Then a unfortunate and unforeseen issue with the ls7. Don't overlook the facts....or you look like a bitchy gf just tryin to get her way.

Please elaborate dumbass.

I guess you don't understand math and facts are wrong because you're to eat up with dumbass. But you think your right ehh.....that's why you've now said the wrong **** twice. Or you're just content with lying about it. Which is it ? Cause it's one of them.

There's no reason to lie on any if this ****. If that's what you want to do go to fb. You'll fit in with a whole of retards like you much better.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Since we’re talking about boost and LT’s and Coyotes - In my C6Z that I built in my garage and Mike @ VR tuned it (search my threads if you feel like it) I was daily driving a 636rwhp N/A 3050lb car and always curious what Coyote (like i’d set up) was going to yank me - admit it or not - they are killing it

Even if you fix LT fuel issue you still have to change pistons for boost. Then hope you don’t run across a proper coyote turbo auto

Here’s one of my favs - enjoy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n7aa8_sNjMo
A na coyote like you or anyone would do would make 100whp less. Even if you go off the record na full built coyotes to a record na sbe ls7 you're looking at 100whp and gobs of tq. A coyote ain't yank a ls if the ls is right.

Lets find a way to properly insult someone without a 4 letter word - give it a try
How bout telling him to post something of value or

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Lol. Well, at least it was only about your bogus 60' time. You try to say was real. Look at you there!! Stating "most people do **** like ****". That's a pretty broad blanket statement there to everyone. Except you or your crew right?

Please explain how a 1.8 60' has anything to do with "what I know"? I know you didn't cut a 1.26 60'..
Your results are yours mine are mine. Looks like i have you covered there in a big way. So before you rag on my results you should probably conce6on your own **** poor results.

Yea....very few do stuff like us. Instead of bitching about it you should take notes. Then your 383 wouldn't be stuck in the 12.0 range.

That intake with port fueling would likely address the ring issue and allow the power to be pushed farther and fix the fueling all in one swing. It's a no brainer on a lt.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

And you have the quickest 60ft backed up by the slowest ET of all time for that 60ft time, so what do you really know? Lmao
Fixed it. My bad.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

I guess you have several problems here. You're either a dumbass, stupid, math stopped working, retarded, stupid again or just plain ignore the facts and make up stupid ****. So which is it?
My guess is all of the above.

Since duhg want's to look like the innocent good guy here. To Jay. Is this the proper way to personally, not car talk, insult another? Is this what you want?? (Sorry but he seems to be trying to get you on his side or something. Had to give it back.)

Your results are yours mine are mine. Looks like i have you covered there in a big way. So before you rag on my results you should probably conce6on your own **** poor results.

Yea....very few do stuff like us. Instead of bitching about it you should take notes. Then your 383 wouldn't be stuck in the 12.0 range.

Smart research. You're the fastest in the world. That should make you feel good. The only thing I bring up is your false 60' time & you know it. Unless we start bashing on each others cars which I don't mind. The reason is that you saying you cut that 60' time, with your car/combo, makes you look like you're from the planet Vulcan. Or Superman. The proof is in the slip but you still try to say it was real. This bothers me most because you are misleading other people that may not know enough about drag racing. That believe you & spread the false info. The people that have experience in drag racing know you didn't cut that short time. Plain & simple.

Yes my 500rwhp 383 camaro runs ~12.0~.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:06 PM

Fixed it. My bad.
Progress duly noted
Old 05-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lol I like Jay. He’s a good dude. He’s handling this **** show very well.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Say something about that ^^^^ soslo. You know.....just to keep it fair and open minded of course.

We know you won't.

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Since duhg want's to look like the innocent good guy here. To Jay. Is this the proper way to personally, not car talk, insult another? Is this what you want?? (Sorry but he seems to be trying to get you on his side or something. Had to give it back.)

Smart research. You're the fastest in the world. That should make you feel good. The only thing I bring up is your false 60' time & you know it. Unless we start bashing on each others cars which I don't mind. The reason is that you saying you cut that 60' time, with your car/combo, makes you look like you're from the planet Vulcan. Or Superman. The proof is in the slip but you still try to say it was real. This bothers me most because you are misleading other people that may not know enough about drag racing. That believe you & spread the false info. The people that have experience in drag racing know you didn't cut that short time. Plain & simple.

Yes my 500rwhp 383 camaro runs ~12.0~.
You see i actually know my 60 is not false due to the car beside me that day pulling 1.4x 60s all day. That's how i know.....not based on opinion. Not based on bad math by morons that can barely tie their shoes. But because i passed that car. As i have admitted before i know how improbable that 60 is. But i also know that it was not false. And with that said I'm not gonna let a idiot like you with 1.8 60s, or someone like nate with 0 60s or anyone else tell me different than what i seen. Believe me.....I've been over that 60ft 1000 times in my own head atleast. It is what it is so you and others can about it.

Because as i have said before 130+ traps was impossible with a na bolt on car till i did it(sans the c6z). The people with drag racing experience told me that to. How did that work out for them.......say it out loud please. That is the facts. They were wrong....you are wrong. Go work on your own junk to improve it and get off my ***.

Btw....i am the good guy here. You don't see me chasing you idiots around harassing you. You don't see me adding you to our kik group then banning you over and over like you idiots to. Pretty damn childish on yalls part imo. Do i want jay to see the truth? Damn skippy i do.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:29 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Do people really argue his much about slow NA cars? Jesus get a turbo and move on with life!
Old 05-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Say something about that ^^^^ soslo. You know.....just to keep it fair and open minded of course.

We know you won't.You see i actually know my 60 is not false due to the car beside me that day pulling 1.4x 60s all day.
You want so badly to be some automotive benchmark for f-bodies that you repeat your same garbage over and over.

"130 traps! 130 traps! I said it was impossible and then ran a 130 so now I get to go on the internet and say people said it was impossible! Look how sweet muh Z06 engine swap is!"

Old 05-01-2019, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Yep but my tune wasn't very good. Allot of stuff was reverted back to stock such as my Driver Demand and cam timing. Also was only seeing 18.5-19 degrees of timing instead of 20-21 now. Needless to say I won't be using that shop again and the only reason I did was because they were recommended as being good, and to get the car on the Dyno to make sure the fueling was spot on. Hard to remote tune these cars with boost and keep a eye on rail pressure.

That being said I fixed 90% of the tune and Brett tweaked in some stuff I didn't get. So I bet it's making a solid 650 on 8psi. With Headers, 10psi, and mixing the E down to 60% to free up some fuel headroom, I think 690-700whp could be done depending on dyno. With Meth injection it would be easy as pie to get into the 700's with a untouched SBE.

You could make damn near the same power NA with a hi-ram, killer heads, cam, and big stall, but I didn't want to sacrifice the driveability. The Whipple setup drives like stock and only spinning 8psi you can't even hear the charger. It's a total sleeper....that is what is fun.

I had a chick in a new 5.0 try to race me from a dig the other day. I let her take off, and I didn't put it down till 3rd gear, went from 2 cars behind to 6-8 cars ahead by 110. I'm sure she had no idea, thought she was gonna jump out on a stock 6th gen and try to hurt some feelings. Well that back fired on her miserably. Lol

Anyway, I am not trying to make excuses. The car runs good. I will hopefully get some vids this season. The coyote definitely is easier to go fast for less coin with boost.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 05-01-2019 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

We know you won't.

You see i actually know my 60 is not false due to the car beside me that day pulling 1.4x 60s all day. That's how i know.....not based on opinion. Not based on bad math by morons that can barely tie their shoes. But because i passed that car. As i have admitted before i know how improbable that 60 is. But i also know that it was not false. And with that said I'm not gonna let a idiot like you with 1.8 60s, or someone like nate with 0 60s or anyone else tell me different than what i seen. Believe me.....I've been over that 60ft 1000 times in my own head atleast. It is what it is so you and others can about it.

Because as i have said before 130+ traps was impossible with a na bolt on car till i did it(sans the c6z). The people with drag racing experience told me that to. How did that work out for them.......say it out loud please. That is the facts. They were wrong....you are wrong. Go work on your own junk to improve it and get off my ***.

Btw....i am the good guy here. You don't see me chasing you idiots around harassing you. You don't see me adding you to our kik group then banning you over and over like you idiots to. Pretty damn childish on yalls part imo. Do i want jay to see the truth? Damn skippy i do.
To show what you actually know. You were the one calling others out on stuff, to Jay, I saw. Just gave one back to you. Ok done with that stuff.

Duhg. You are the guy who asked for all this. For years you have made negative posts to people about their car/combo/times/hp. You are probably going to say that was all troof & you don't lie. How can you say something negative to someone about their "car stuff" and not even know what that person has all together or even wants? About your 1.2 time.. you're typing whatever, or the other 159 time slips you have, is not proof. If you can do it once you can do it again. Back up slips please. We know your response of "it may never do it again".

One question. Do you really believe flake has a 9 second car? He's seen it right??

And I don't chase you around & harass you. You post in here & so do I. I was happy to see you back in kik. Thought we might bark in there again. If someone asked me who acted the most childish on here.. We know flake takes #1. To me you are a close #2. No offense.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

They never have been.
Then why do you?
Old 05-01-2019, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Yep but my tune wasn't very good. Allot of stuff was reverted back to stock such as my Driver Demand and cam timing. Also was only seeing 18.5-19 degrees of timing instead of 20-21 now. Needless to say I won't be using that shop again and the only reason I did was because they were recommended as being good, and to get the car on the Dyno to make sure the fueling was spot on. Hard to remote tune these cars with boost and keep a eye on rail pressure.

That being said I fixed 90% of the tune and Brett tweaked in some stuff I didn't get. So I bet it's making a solid 650 on 8psi. With Headers, 10psi, and mixing the E down to 60% to free up some fuel headroom, I think 690-700whp could be done depending on dyno. With Meth injection it would be easy as pie to get into the 700's with a untouched SBE.

You could make damn near the same power NA with a hi-ram, killer heads, cam, and big stall, but I didn't want to sacrifice the driveability. The Whipple setup drives like stock and only spinning 8psi you can't even hear the charger. It's a total sleeper....that is what is fun.

I had a chick in a new 5.0 try to race me from a dig the other day. I let her take off, and I didn't put it down till 3rd gear, went from 2 cars behind to 6-8 cars ahead by 110. I'm sure she had no idea, thought she was gonna jump out on a stock 6th gen and try to hurt some feelings. Well that back fired on her miserably. Lol

Anyway, I am not trying to make excuses. The car runs good. I will hopefully get some vids this season. The coyote definitely is easier to go fast for less coin with boost.
im leaning your route but the heat soak has me worried about a pd. But I like the lower everywhere. You haven’t been having any issues with heat soak so far right ?
Old 05-01-2019, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I still believe for the average car guy that a base pre 18 S550 auto with boost,traction,good tune and exhaust is the easiest,most cost effective way to have a high to low10 second car that can trap 130 and up depending on blower choice that can be driven anywhere daily. LT4s are the not cheap to mod,not easy to run and aftermarket small. Head cam C6Z will do it but the cost is a lot more in regards to the car and the mods. Hellcats can do it but its going to be more a lot more money in regards again to car and mods.