Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Hellcat thought he had easy prey

Old 05-06-2019, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I seen stock hellcat on tire go [email protected] in 500 DA. He said he was stock anyway. Looked like it. I can finally beat stock ones on tire every time. Maybe some crazy long roll to like 180 one could catch me idk
Old 05-06-2019, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1 View Post
Last I checked nobody had ever run 10s in a Scat pack with bolt ons. With a cam they just recently got there. Near stock Iíve seen first hand they only a couple tenths behind a 6g. But after that it gets really ugly
He plans to get there with weight reduction
Old 05-06-2019, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 07BlackSS View Post
He plans to get there with weight reduction
I see. Even then it hasnít been done. But idk how far anyone has taken it yet

is your car fi and running at some elevation ? That will even the odds quite a bit
Old 05-06-2019, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

I see. Even then it hasnít been done. But idk how far anyone has taken it yet

is your car fi and running at some elevation ? That will even the odds quite a bit
FI at 6k DA in the desert. Literally
Old 05-06-2019, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

FI at 6k DA in the desert. Literally
Wow lol. Yeah you will be running with NA cars that are faster than you easily
Old 05-06-2019, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Wow lol. Yeah you will be running with NA cars that are faster than you easily
My intercooler pump was killing a lot of my top end power. Just recently upgraded from 3gpm to 13gpm pump. So that in itself helped a ton. Plan on going back home to dyno it. Made 373/420 stock with it pulling timing in the top of 3rd and 4th due to dying pump
Old 05-06-2019, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

My intercooler pump was killing a lot of my top end power. Just recently upgraded from 3gpm to 13gpm pump. So that in itself helped a ton. Plan on going back home to dyno it. Made 373/420 stock with it pulling timing in the top of 3rd and 4th due to dying pump
I like your vids your car is impressive for its age and minor mods. Respect here. But enough with the excuses... jk
Old 05-06-2019, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

I like your vids your car is impressive for its age and minor mods. Respect here. But enough with the excuses... jk
Thanks Ultra. No I'm impressed with a car that had 160k miles at the time to still put out that. From what I've read most put out less than that stock. They "claim 43/57 gains from tune only. So id like to see if thats remotely true
Old 05-06-2019, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm 4300 with driver. You got all dem liters and. O go powa. Mercedes has been 9s full interior, stock imported blower, stock tranny
All them cubes but you got the moon boost lol

Last I checked nobody had ever run 10s in a Scat pack with bolt ons. With a cam they just recently got there. Near stock Iíve seen first hand they only a couple tenths behind a 6g. But after that it gets really ugly
Problem with the dodge camp nobody is dedicated to running 10s fbo like I am lol . They all go cammed or boost and still running 11s sadly . And one guy on YouTube ran a [email protected] with seats out and dragpack so not bad
Old 05-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post

Problem with the dodge camp nobody is dedicated to running 10s fbo like I am lol . They all go cammed or boost and still running 11s sadly . And one guy on YouTube ran a [email protected] with seats out and dragpack so not bad

Imagine being so wealthy that that you can purchase a $45-$50k car and immediately gut/strip the entire thing without a single care.

Must be nice.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

You mean 11.6?

the guy at my track has hit [email protected] with negative DA. VP 109, Seats out, drag pack, cai and tune. If he ports his intake and does headers he can probably go low 11s I’m guessing. We had some fun races when I first got my car and both of us stock tune. But I would usually win and back half him. Do the Scat’s require new injectors to run E85? Though I seen that

he had to get a tune to surpass my best 11.6 stock tune time. And I was on heavy 28s. Pretty sure I could have ran 11.5 stock tune with drag pack with 26s
Old 05-06-2019, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

You mean 11.6?

the guy at my track has hit [email protected] with negative DA. VP 109, Seats out, drag pack, cai and tune. If he ports his intake and does headers he can probably go low 11s Iím guessing. We had some fun races when I first got my car and both of us stock tune. But I would usually win and back half him. Do the Scatís require new injectors to run E85? Though I seen that
Sorry yea 11.6 and honestly I think just a harness kit is all but I havenít really looked . And yea they donít run bad with the weight they carry but there is a lot of weight you can drop from this car pretty easy . I think [email protected] is realistic with this car also about to send you a Pm on the brakes
Old 05-06-2019, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge View Post
Imagine being so wealthy that that you can purchase a $45-$50k car and immediately gut/strip the entire thing without a single care.

Must be nice.
Larry gets bored obviously.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Must be nice.
Get a better job an stop hating.....lol
Old 05-06-2019, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry yea 11.6 and honestly I think just a harness kit is all but I haven’t really looked . And yea they don’t run bad with the weight they carry but there is a lot of weight you can drop from this car pretty easy . I think [email protected] is realistic with this car also about to send you a Pm on the brakes
Thanks man

go for 10s bolt on. I really think they are capable. Not many guys pushing them. That 6.4 motor is a beast to be pushing that weight as fast as it is na. No hate here. I’ve seen what they can do first hand with a capable owner. They don’t like me too much on the challenger forum though lol. Seeing my 10.6 bolt on pass and verified by one of their own lol. Me and Carl (Scat pack guy) have ruffled a few feathers on challenger talk with what my car can do lol
Old 05-06-2019, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Sorry yea 11.6 and honestly I think just a harness kit is all but I havenít really looked . And yea they donít run bad with the weight they carry but there is a lot of weight you can drop from this car pretty easy . I think [email protected] is realistic with this car also about to send you a Pm on the brakes
So have thought about what my car would run like in negative DA and 50-60į weather? Yours runs "comparable" to mine in much better weather. Yes. I have the "advantage" of NA cars in high DA. But running a boosted car back to back in 90į+ negates that advantage
Old 05-06-2019, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Must be nice.
I didnít pay that much for this car . And when I gut itís only to see how much each item weighs and see what i can save . I like testing the difference from stock weight to gutted weight at the track . It took me 10m to remove the interior just need to get me a bracket for the Kirkey 😎
Old 05-06-2019, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

So have thought about what my car would run like in negative DA and 50-60į weather? Yours runs "comparable" to mine in much better weather. Yes. I have the "advantage" of NA cars in high DA. But running a boosted car back to back in 90į+ negates that advantage
You think you can out roll a proper FBO E85 6g? At your 6k elevation Iím sure itís possible. Be interesting for sure. But as youíve seen Iím sure not all cars created equal by far
Old 05-06-2019, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn’t pay that much for this car . And when I gut it’s only to see how much each item weighs and see what i can save . I like testing the difference from stock weight to gutted weight at the track . It took me 10m to remove the interior just need to get me a bracket for the Kirkey ��
Look into removing your wipers and assembly and tank. It’s a good 20 lbs and less drag with no wipers compared to a full reservoir. It looks cleaner too! I just did it and used rain x. Been out in the rain twice now and had no problems.

still waiting for you to surpass me now but I’ve got a few things coming . Don’t get too comfortable if you edge me out
Old 05-06-2019, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

You think you can out roll a proper FBO E85 6g? At your 6k elevation Iím sure itís possible. Be interesting for sure. But as youíve seen Iím sure not all cars created equal by far
Right now? Highly doubt it. After upper pulley and longtubes I'm sure it would be interesting. But I'm game to race anything. Win or lose

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: