Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C ls1 vs Trackhawk

 
Old 05-06-2019, 10:35 AM
  #1  
12 Second Club
Thread Starter
 
mintws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 134
Default H/C ls1 vs Trackhawk

Had some fun with a Trackhawk in Mexico on Saturday, Trackhawk was stock, I'm M6 H/C LS6 intake, bolt-ons some suspension work Pat G tune, we went from a 30 roll, I pulled by about a car and change and pretty much stayed there until 100 when we shut down. I heard they are awesome from a dig, Ol LS1 held her own from the roll though. This was my first legit run since my H/C install. I guess the fact the Trackhawk is 5363lbs vs my 3500lbs pretty huge factor. I bet a dig race would of been up to the driver.
mintws6 is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 12:23 PM
  #2  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 693
Default

Originally Posted by mintws6 View Post
Had some fun with a Trackhawk in Mexico on Saturday, Trackhawk was stock, I'm M6 H/C LS6 intake, bolt-ons some suspension work Pat G tune, we went from a 30 roll, I pulled by about a car and change and pretty much stayed there until 100 when we shut down. I heard they are awesome from a dig, Ol LS1 held her own from the roll though. This was my first legit run since my H/C install. I guess the fact the Trackhawk is 5363lbs vs my 3500lbs pretty huge factor. I bet a dig race would of been up to the driver.
I still think the trackhawk should of did better from a roll but anything can happen on the street. From a dig you would of got rolled pretty hard nice runs either way. How come no video ?
Chris25 is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 12:45 PM
  #3  
12 Second Club
Thread Starter
 
mintws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 134
Default

I don't have a go pro or anything, wasn't really a whip out the cell type moment. Seems like a stock trackhawk is a mid 11 sec car.......I'll try and get video in the future.
mintws6 is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 01:03 PM
  #4  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 693
Default

Originally Posted by mintws6 View Post
I don't have a go pro or anything, wasn't really a whip out the cell type moment. Seems like a stock trackhawk is a mid 11 sec car.......I'll try and get video in the future.
That AWD from a dig though is hard to out launch. They are a mid 11 sec car but like most hellcats they seem to run a little harder from a roll once they get that weight moving. Nice runs either way I always forget my GOPRO when I go out anyways lol
Chris25 is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 02:49 PM
  #5  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Good kill ! Tune really wakes up the hellcat would like to see what the outcome would of been with a few bolt ons
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 05:56 PM
  #6  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (55)
 
Mike Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Md/PA/FL
Posts: 1,500
Default

Nice job
Mike Morris is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:34 AM
  #7  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,120
Default

Old ls1 still laying it down....good run.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 05-08-2019, 10:01 AM
  #8  
12 Second Club
Thread Starter
 
mintws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Old ls1 still laying it down....good run.

Yeah I'm hoping to run some coyote motors..... my buddies got a stock Voodoo GT-350 I think that would be a good race!
mintws6 is offline  
Old 05-08-2019, 03:48 PM
  #9  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (55)
 
Mike Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Md/PA/FL
Posts: 1,500
Default

I think you will beat it easily. 117MPH car. I crushed one bad on I- 95 with him getting the kick. I was shocked it was so easy so looked up what they run.
Mike Morris is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 06:32 AM
  #10  
12 Second Club
Thread Starter
 
mintws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 134
Default

I'll report back what happens!! Need to put a fast intake on my set up.... the LS6 intake is choking her up I believe.
mintws6 is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 02:27 PM
  #11  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 693
Default

Originally Posted by mintws6 View Post
I'll report back what happens!! Need to put a fast intake on my set up.... the LS6 intake is choking her up I believe.
Fast 102 and Chris 1313 would do pretty well with your setup
Chris25 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: