Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Zl1 1le vs 10r80 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 424 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by spikestang
So about double what Hio has, he would have to get his race weight below 2400 pounds using my ricer calculator for it to be a good race.
nah he could just squeeze it with a cheapo 800$ plate kit and probably win. Also, probably has less in his entire engine than you guys have in just your blowers. Tough talk from kids with brand new 60k+$ cars and mods. Racing also isnt all about horsepower fyi.
The following users liked this post:
HioSSilver (09-28-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Yes sir stock axles and shafts and yea I seen that on the ZL1 shaft . I wanna upgrade to a one piece eventually. Here my time so far .

Wow!
Amazing times
Do you think the trap speed of 134 mph is accurate ?
Old 09-22-2020, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 205 Likes on 145 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by asthmamax11
Wow!
Amazing times
The dragy is very accurate. That being said it will probably trap even higher with a better launch.
asthmamax11 (09-23-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
The dragy is very accurate. That being said it will probably trap even higher with a better launch.
Awesome. There are some fast 6th gens in here.
I'm gonna have to upgrade to LT4 fuel and pulley down soon
Old 09-22-2020, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by asthmamax11
Wow!
Amazing times
Im hoping 137-140 in good air and with traction and yea draggy is very close to track times .
asthmamax11 (09-23-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 116 Likes on 88 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Happy to see some people are back on the "dig is king" and "roll racing is stoopid". LOL
Old 09-25-2020, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Bspeck82
nah he could just squeeze it with a cheapo 800$ plate kit and probably win. Also, probably has less in his entire engine than you guys have in just your blowers. Tough talk from kids with brand new 60k+$ cars and mods. Racing also isnt all about horsepower fyi.
being hes on like 5th engine i doubt he has less than my blower. Which i only got 6100 in it. I fix a few issues i should see lower 9s. If i push it push it i could probably get 8s like some of the other maggie cars. But they aren't scared to pop engines.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
being hes on like 5th engine i doubt he has less than my blower. Which i only got 6100 in it. I fix a few issues i should see lower 9s. If i push it push it i could probably get 8s like some of the other maggie cars. But they aren't scared to pop engines.
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he is on his second or maybe third engine. Bolt on ls6 is dirt cheap to build, we are talking way less than $6100. And that's just the blower. Your engine is $16k from the dealer. So 22k in engine and mods, about 50-60k for the car and mods, and you run 9s...alright. must feel bad.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he is on his second or maybe third engine. Bolt on ls6 is dirt cheap to build, we are talking way less than $6100. And that's just the blower. Your engine is $16k from the dealer. So 22k in engine and mods, about 50-60k for the car and mods, and you run 9s...alright. must feel bad.
ls1, ls6, ls7 ,back to ls6 build. My engine is still stock engine so why count it like that? Weird but ok, And yep run 9s in a car unlike his. I still have air bags, heated/cooled seats, navigation, back up cam, heated steering wheel, etc etc. No weight reduction outside of the drag pack. Imagine if i built an engine like he has, built trans like him, hole sawed it, took out air bags etc etc. Like said before a 4700lb boat ran way faster than him.
The following 3 users liked this post by ohioborn80:
islander033 (09-27-2020), OneSlowV (09-27-2020), T.Man (10-02-2020)
Old 09-27-2020, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

ls1, ls6, ls7 ,back to ls6 build. My engine is still stock engine so why count it like that? Weird but ok, And yep run 9s in a car unlike his. I still have air bags, heated/cooled seats, navigation, back up cam, heated steering wheel, etc etc. No weight reduction outside of the drag pack. Imagine if i built an engine like he has, built trans like him, hole sawed it, took out air bags etc etc. Like said before a 4700lb boat ran way faster than him.
your bragging about dragging someone in a brand new state of the art $50k car, that you didnt build, with an aftermarket blower, modern transmission and chassis and computer vs a guy who has maybe $10k in the whole car. Your engine alone costs more than what many here have spent on their entire car to go 9s. Your "boat" is not very impressive.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

your bragging about dragging someone in a brand new state of the art $50k car, that you didnt build, with an aftermarket blower, modern transmission and chassis and computer vs a guy who has maybe $10k in the whole car. Your engine alone costs more than what many here have spent on their entire car to go 9s. Your "boat" is not very impressive.

Hio probably has $10k into his clutch, trans and drive shaft...
Old 09-28-2020, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980

I find that hard to believe but if that is the case then that is his own issue. It should cost no more than 2700 bucks to have a solid transmission for these cars at a moderate power level. Maybe he has more into it due to mistakes or quality issues but that is not the norm. I know what it costs to build these cars. If someone had to spend twice or three times to do it right once that's their problem, I can agree. I hope he chimes in and can explain what he's got in this car money wise. I guarantee it will still prove my point.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

I find that hard to believe but if that is the case then that is his own issue. It should cost no more than 2700 bucks to have a solid transmission for these cars at a moderate power level. Maybe he has more into it due to mistakes or quality issues but that is not the norm. I know what it costs to build these cars. If someone had to spend twice or three times to do it right once that's their problem, I can agree. I hope he chimes in and can explain what he's got in this car money wise. I guarantee it will still prove my point.
I'm sure its not actually $10k, I was exaggerating (but I doubt it was by much, though- tilton clutch, faceplated trans, and I think a carbon ds). I just wanted to point out that Hio's car is definitely not the norm, every single inch of it has been gone over and/or considered in some way. I cant comment on $, obviously its his car and he has historically been pretty secretive about it.

Last edited by zz4camaro1980; 09-28-2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

i did my blower swap etc in my garage. And going 9.7 at 4700 lbs is doing really good actually, special considering i don't have headers, stall, weight reduction, etc. And actually the 9.7 was done on 20" wheels as well. On pump e85 on 16lbs. Still got a pulley to go and couple other things to fix my belt slip. And i didn't pay 50k for my car. I paid 42k. And as said he dont have air bags etc in his junk. Lol

And as mwntionmentioned hio has a lot in little stuff like built trans by liberty, tilton clutch, built rear, etc.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 466 Likes on 365 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

you say not trying but give excuses for every pass he does. Lol..DD owns you every way possible in racing.

I mean you can't even beat a 4700lb land boat
Dd is a bitch just like you.

I'm way faster than he has ever been na and bolt ons. I haven't tried completely built and boosted with choice of booster. If i did i wouldn't be stuck in the 9s like him.

Originally Posted by islander033
I give everyone their "hit" and I have horrible gearing. I seem to do ok. lol

Note: how many years ago did that GTR steal you soul and make you give up?
Sure you do

Never seen you run a gtr from a dig. Hell you even bitched out on na stuff.

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Man short and slow must be a tough life.
I'm good. I'm not the one here concerned about me.

Originally Posted by spikestang
So about double what Hio has, he would have to get his race weight below 2400 pounds using my ricer calculator for it to be a good race.
Took him boost to get any where near that old motor 😂

The ls1 i didn't hurt. Everyone knows the story no use in you say the same stupid **** over and over and over. The ls6 got run hard for 90k miles. I bent 3 valves test a shift cut. Fixed and ran again. The ls7 was no ones fault as far as i could tell. Block had been in a fire....seemed fine. Idk if that's even the problem. It ran when i took it out. I drove it into my shop. Didn't miss...nothing. Not sure what's up. But the issue definitely wasn't caused by me running it for less than 1 mile and a fresh start.

But you're like arguing with a woman. You just keep saying the same dumb **** like a bitch.

The ls6 was 5200 on a group purchase in 2002. The last new ones sold was 3700 from scoggin dickey. But of course that's been a long time ago. Wtf would a idiot like ohiobitch have done in 2002? He woulda been lost.

He right up there with sucking as zoobitch. 900whp and stuck in the 9s with autos.

Meanwhile bolt on c7z is nicer and faster than both their rags and has far far better overall performance.

Why keep mouthing the same **** chump? I probably put more miles and definitely more passes on just the ls6 that outran everything you've owned na than you have on all your queer cars combined. Kinda ****** weird that I'm so terrible but you apparently can't keep entire cars from burning to the ground.

He can't build **** himself. He can change some parts that's about it.

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980

This statement shows you really don't know dick about cars. Just a stupid *** mouthpiece is all you are.

Fp t56 was about 1700. You can buy one of my clutches for $300-1000....there are some that's more. Mine was 0 of which i have mentioned. I had about 500 in other parts to make it work. The carbon shaft was like $300 shipped.....used.

So 1700+1000+300= 10,000 if you're a dumbass.

i did my blower swap etc in my garage. And going 9.7 at 4700 lbs is doing really good actually, special considering i don't have headers, stall, weight reduction, etc. And actually the 9.7 was done on 20" wheels as well. On pump e85 on 16lbs. Still got a pulley to go and couple other things to fix my belt slip. And i didn't pay 50k for my car. I paid 42k. And as said he dont have air bags etc in his junk. Lol

And as mwntionmentioned hio has a lot in little stuff like built trans by liberty, tilton clutch, built rear, etc.
and no boost.

So to get this straight on a level no boosted playing field i broke you down. You gave up

Crazy those old times still get in your feelz. I think it's ******* great.😂
Old 09-28-2020, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Dd is a bitch just like you.

I'm way faster than he has ever been na and bolt ons. I haven't tried completely built and boosted with choice of booster. If i did i wouldn't be stuck in the 9s like him.

Sure you do

Never seen you run a gtr from a dig. Hell you even bitched out on na stuff.

I'm good. I'm not the one here concerned about me.

Took him boost to get any where near that old motor 😂

The ls1 i didn't hurt. Everyone knows the story no use in you say the same stupid **** over and over and over. The ls6 got run hard for 90k miles. I bent 3 valves test a shift cut. Fixed and ran again. The ls7 was no ones fault as far as i could tell. Block had been in a fire....seemed fine. Idk if that's even the problem. It ran when i took it out. I drove it into my shop. Didn't miss...nothing. Not sure what's up. But the issue definitely wasn't caused by me running it for less than 1 mile and a fresh start.

But you're like arguing with a woman. You just keep saying the same dumb **** like a bitch.

The ls6 was 5200 on a group purchase in 2002. The last new ones sold was 3700 from scoggin dickey. But of course that's been a long time ago. Wtf would a idiot like ohiobitch have done in 2002? He woulda been lost.

He right up there with sucking as zoobitch. 900whp and stuck in the 9s with autos.

Meanwhile bolt on c7z is nicer and faster than both their rags and has far far better overall performance.

Why keep mouthing the same **** chump? I probably put more miles and definitely more passes on just the ls6 that outran everything you've owned na than you have on all your queer cars combined. Kinda ****** weird that I'm so terrible but you apparently can't keep entire cars from burning to the ground.

He can't build **** himself. He can change some parts that's about it.

This statement shows you really don't know dick about cars. Just a stupid *** mouthpiece is all you are.

Fp t56 was about 1700. You can buy one of my clutches for $300-1000....there are some that's more. Mine was 0 of which i have mentioned. I had about 500 in other parts to make it work. The carbon shaft was like $300 shipped.....used.

and no boost.

So to get this straight on a level no boosted playing field i broke you down. You gave up

Crazy those old times still get in your feelz. I think it's ******* great.😂
So you been faster or not? Your boosted swap runs 11s. Lol..and whos stuck anywhere? Ive been to the track 2 times with my car. Found some issues and fixing them. Lol. Yet still drag anything you have.

You complain about na this and that because you aren't fast. Plain and simple. If you could get it done you would. But you haven't

And didn't you buy your car new? Since your **** rider bringing up prices of cars, wasn't a ss 35k or so in 02. Lol.

Making excuses for your failed engines. Lol. facts are you have had 3 fucked engines in that car. And you paid someone to build your current ls6.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:48 AM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

So you been faster or not? Your boosted swap runs 11s. ....
Hahaha...her boosted and built combo of choice really does run 11s.

Last edited by islander033; 09-29-2020 at 12:36 PM. Reason: her*
Old 09-29-2020, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by islander033
Hahaha...his boosted and built combo of choice really does run 11s.
facts. Stuck in 11s with a boosted, swapped, built car. Ouch.

But but if he did boost he'd be faster. Lol
Old 09-29-2020, 12:38 PM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

facts. Stuck in 11s with a boosted, swapped, built car. Ouch.

But but if he did boost he'd be faster. Lol
She says a bunch of funny things.

Her build LS6 car has been together for quite awhile....why she no show us what it can do?
Old 09-29-2020, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Well, ****. You've got to tell everyone where you're picking up your parts for so cheap!
In the real world, if anyone wanted to duplicate your setup (without waiting months for the right used parts to come along), they would be spending a big chunk of change.

Fast, reliable, cheap- you get to pick 2. I would say you obviously went with reliable and cheap, but you know, all those engines...

Quick Reply: Zl1 1le vs 10r80 5.0