Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2nd Vette for me.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2nd Vette for me.....

Took down my second LT1 Vette the other day. Comming down 15 south in the middle of the night I see this guy comming up on me at like Mach 2. Nice looking late model C4 red. Guy hits the brakes and gets right next to me. We're going like 75mph at this point. I was just chillin in lane 2, not really in a race mood, so I throw the thumbs up and point at his nice car. He drops it into 3rd and give me a few punches. Launches, breaks, launches breaks.... Okay, that did it for me. I timed out his next one, floored my A4, and the timming couldn't have worked out any better. I downshifted and engaged less than half a second after he did. Pulled him to about a buck thirty, then slowed down. I think he was mad at me. He came up again with his windows rolled up (lol and I can only assume his a/c turned off) and gave me a hand signal count down. (I thought he was flipping me off at first, but he wasn't) He hits zero, and we're off again. Again, the LS1 waxes the LT1. He got off the freeway on the next exit.

What is it with Vette's? I know in my brain, and I know in my heart that the LS1 F-bodies are faster, but the Vette's have some sort of mystical power around them that makes me feel like I'm going to loose to it.... I don't know, maybe it's just me. But it's the second time I've felt a bit nervouse going up against one of those things. I guess it's just because they've just been setting the bar for so long now.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thought of a good example..... Like when your little brother is still afraid of you even when he's twice your size, bences 3 times his body weight, and is a black belt in some form of Ninja art. LOL You would be dead in 3 seconds flat if he wasn't still shanking from that time you kicked his *** when you were 6 years old.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:23 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill. He asked for it, he got it.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

Good kill. Guy sounds like a *****.

Seems to be a few LT1 vette raced and beaten in here lately. I don't mind that at all, but there seems to be a misconception that the LT1 vettes are unworthy opponents and are driven by ******** (well the later is debatable ). Don't want to play down your kill by any means CaptUSA. Just wanted to post a couple of test done by Car & Driver to hopefully bring some respect for the LT1 Vette.

This shows test of a stock automatic with 2.59 rear. (Read about 7th paragraph down).

http://corvette.caranddriver.com/arc...?articleid=108
Note: Could not find the article of the M6 LT1 tested 9 months earlier but it ran 0.1 quicker and 2 mph faster in the quarter than the auto

This is a test of a 99 Z28 M6 done by Car & Driver.

http://www.stangbangers.com/99GT_vs_...8_Article1.htm
Old 09-26-2004, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
there seems to be a misconception that the LT1 vettes are unworthy opponents and are driven by ******** (well the later is debatable ).
For me it was the exact opposite. I knew I could win TECHNICALLY, but was still afraid of the vette. Far from being unworthy, I keep thinking I should be loosing.... The ******** comment was killen me I don't know if he was mad or not. I think he just wanted to win. Before the first go, he was all smiles.