Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

95 VR-4 vs. 01+ SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 VR-4 vs. 01+ SS

Not sure exactly on what year the SS was, but it was a newer body, had the round spoiler from SLP? And I think It had a weird looking center exhaust that was pretty loud...

I was cruising around my hometown of Roseville, Cali, and getting ready to turn left on this really nice long 2 lane road, when this 18 year old guy blows through the intersection to make the light,with the t top off. Im thinking Ill see if this guy wants to run it... I catch up to him at the next light, and it turned red, I get up next to him and he is blaring some rock song and banging his head. I yell at him and ask if he wants to run, he nods, turns down the music, and we start taching it up...

Now, I just replaced my clutch not to long ago, and really didnt feel like launching hard on it, so I tached up to about 3K, light is green, I slip into the clutch, not a hard launch but a nice one, I hear him spin the tires for just a second and I only have about a fender on him....Through my first which redline is at 7K, we stayed exactly the way we were, but I shift into second at around 43, and he stays through first for about a second longer and gets a fender on me. Now Ive driven my best friends 99 SS, and I think I remember his 1st going to 50? Anyways, I hit second and gain the fender back, we stay even again until I hit third around 72-73, something around there, and again he stays in it longer and takes the fender back, through third I stayed in the middle of his door and we wound it to 100MPH where my third ends, and we shut down because we got into the road where it turns and had to start slowing down...I get next to him and give him a nod and go on my way....it was a really good race, I love hearing his tires chirp on the ground....damn AWD Anything after 100, and the camaro is just gonna start walking me, AWD just seems to slow the car way down at those speeds trying to transfer power to 4 wheels...It would have been smart on my part to laucn the beast, If I drop it at 4.5K I can get my front tires to spin and probably could have taken at least a car and a half lead...

In a previous thread I read that my car is not a luxury car...I must say that if it is not, its pretty damn close..Stock my car comes with 18 in. chrome wheels, I dont know if any of you have seen them, but they are thick and heavy...it also comes with an 85 pound 7 way adjustable plush leather seat, its extremley comfortable, and can be seen on the meguiars leather cleaner bottle, the tan seat...I beleive the passenger is 70-75 pounds as well. I have taken off the useless front spoiler which drops down at highway speeds infront of the car under the bumper, which was probably around 5-10 with the bolts...Also, my car has a very nice climate control that looks like a little tv screen in the middle console, I thought that I would also watch my boost pressure on there but found out later I couldnt, and was one of the main reasons I bought my car(pretty dumb I know but its a cool little screen). The AWD system can be lightened pretty nicely by picking up a Carbon Fiber DS for around 700 bucks...not to bad. Im not really into the racing as much anymore as I am in the looks now, I have almost a full momo interior, Shift ***, boot, ebrake, steering wheel, door sills, and im ordering seats in the next couple weeks, all in chrome and black momo accessories...Im also buing 19 in. RO_JA R2-5's, a nice black 5 spoke with a deep lip and chrome beads...The FMIC will come in the winter time when the turbos will really love that freezing air...anyways, if there is ever another discussion on 3/S (3000GT/Stealth) cars, definatley expect me to clear up any of the flaming bs that the immature, and uneducated kids(which every forum has) like to say....I dont think it is right to put down anyone on their car and dont expect it from me...

Check out www.3si.org if any of you want to learn more on 3/S' and watch the completion of a couple of cars that are going to net us 9 second 1/4's finally A couple here in the states, and one that might have already done so, it was featured in Super Street a month ago, Gold GTO with 840HP made my Pitroad M...pretty sweet looking ride. Sorry for the long post, at least you guys will remember me a little better...atarGTO
Old 10-06-2004, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ummm, good race?????
Kinda speechless here, somewhat strange post, but good luck with the car, I guess.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice race man, welcome to the board, the first fast car i drove was a 93 vr-4, i got a lotta love for those cars
Old 10-06-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good stuff? Anyways, does this look like the SS you ran?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

who cares. you registered here just to post a freaking kill story? go back to 3si with the rest of those losers.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

VR-4 = Nice kill on the slow camaro tho. Sounds like a fun race I love the headbanging part.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

nice car man
Old 10-06-2004, 09:53 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by strokedmti422
who cares. you registered here just to post a freaking kill story? go back to 3si with the rest of those losers.
thats not a very nice post. the dude isn't here talking **** just mentioning a story. And why the hell is a he a loser? Because he didn't drop well over 10g's for a stroked MTI 422? Which you might or might not have. Just because his car MIGHT be slower than yours (if you have what ur name implies) doesn't mean he isn't cool. In fact right now I think alot higher of atarGTO than of you.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Launching!

To that post. Not nice.
For the main post. Good death I guess that you still lost. In the end of your post it seems like you are trying to add up all the disadvantages your car has when stacked up against an Fbody. No need for it man. Post some pics of your ride if you can. Would like to see it. I've always liked the VR4's, but would never buy one. Welcome to the board.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by WTB-a-Hawk
To that post. Not nice.
For the main post. Good death I guess that you still lost. In the end of your post it seems like you are trying to add up all the disadvantages your car has when stacked up against an Fbody. No need for it man. Post some pics of your ride if you can. Would like to see it. I've always liked the VR4's, but would never buy one. Welcome to the board.
Exactly!! Post pics! I have always like those cars...I ran a dead heat with a 97? VR4 from about a 90mph roll up to ~160mph (Didnt get a good tach reading and speedo was definately buried..) They can definately move!!!

As far as the other *** who posted... you just lost some cool points.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Teching In

Haha, as I said in my post in the Introductions and greetings forum, and in this one, every forum has those immature, uneducated kids, that like to talk **** over the internet over the interent behind a keyboard where they can explore themselves alone....And I did not register here to post a kill story, I registered here to become a member of this board, my best friend had a 99 Camaro SS, and now has a Black Firehawk, both of which I like, and could have bought when I bought my car cash...22K to be exact...losers dont buy their cars cash, losers dont talk **** behind a keyboard, and losers dont sell homes, at the age of 18. So i feel sorry for you, and anyone else that has to see your worthless posts on this board, and all of the other forums that has ******** like you...

I have some pictures and will host them and put them up here, need a couple mins.... BTW, thanks to those of you with the kind words, I just want to be here when people start spewing false rumors about our cars..My car is not an all out sports car, and doesnt run 6 second quarters, to put my car into those times would cost a TON of money, fortunatley their are some big companies in Japan, and a few here, taking the time and effort to break these cars into single digit quarters.....why its taken 13 years to do this is beyond me, but Im glad that people and companies are starting to cover 3/S's...

Last edited by atarGTO; 10-07-2004 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Launching!

I work with a guy that's got a stock VR4 and he swears he walks Z06's from a roll. By the way he refuses to race me. I would love to give you a run though. Seem like a cool guy unlike the prementioned owner that i know.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frontman
I work with a guy that's got a stock VR4 and he swears he walks Z06's from a roll. By the way he refuses to race me. I would love to give you a run though. Seem like a cool guy unlike the prementioned owner that i know.
The guy doesnt walk Zo6's from a roll, what do they trap? Like 115 stock? He is either lying and has mods, like big turbos, fmic, exhaust, and some lightweight things to walk a zo6, Ive seen couple people do this, but definitely not without those formentioned mods...and btw a stock WS6 would kill a stock VR4 from a roll, even from a stop, a stock VR4 might take you to around 70-80 before you would just start walking us pretty hard...With 70K and a new driver(had car a lil more then a month) I was able to net mid and high 13.7's with a worn clutch that I had to replace a few weeks after that with a new performance one...haha.

Pics coming!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Default pics

Here are pics of my car, my girlfriends eclipse, and my Grandma's 2003 SC430..think I have a couple more, Ill look...BTW I maintain my car to the best of my abilities...every 2500 miles, new top quality oil and filter, fuel cleaner, performance engine and drivetrain oil, anything to keep her running right, thats why you wont here me posting about breakdowns like alot of 3/S owners....In 30K+ miles nothing has broken...except becuase of my fault the 1st and 2nd shift forks lol...
Attached Thumbnails 95 VR-4 vs. 01+ SS-ourcars.jpg   95 VR-4 vs. 01+ SS-washin.jpg   95 VR-4 vs. 01+ SS-teinvr4.jpg   95 VR-4 vs. 01+ SS-engine.jpg  
Old 10-07-2004, 12:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah I had a bad Knock Sensor when I ran the VR4 on the top end.. they move pretty good though Funny thing is the driver didnt take advantage of the stop light we were at seconds before... I was thinking he was going to take me on a hole shot and he ended up trying to sling shot me on the highway.

Plenty of respect for them though.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Nice. Guess you got a thing for black cars.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Definitely a nice 3KGT VR-4, and one of the best looking IMO. I have tons of respect for you in the fact that you don't have some honky bodykit, wing, and other crap ruining your car. Sounds like you definitely know how to care for a good car, and it's good that your VR-4 is in the hands of an apparently good owner. Like quite a few of these guys, I too have always liked the 3KGT/Stealths. My mom used to have a '94 SL 5-speed. They look good and are fun to drive (even though the non-turbo models are dogs).

But about the 18 y.o. in the SS you raced, does the pic/sig of that Pewter SS look like the one you ran? Because that guy is 18 years old, lives in the same city as you described, and has the "center exhaust" as you described, also as you can see in his pics.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

as i have said before STROKEDMTI422 does NOT own a 422...

he once said a LONG time ago on the board that he loves the motor, and wanted it as his name. He only has a bike and something else... nothing CRAZY.

back on topic. Nice car man, looks good and runs good. Very nice kill.

Gray
Old 10-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Teching In

No, that SS looks ******* scary as hell, I dont think I would even try and race that one haha...It does look almost exactly like that, same body color, and I think rims, but it didnt have a lip that covered the exhausts, the exhaust just hung freely like a regular exhaust system.

Yeah we definatley love black cars, my mom also has a black 2003 Accord 2 door.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

That guy is always talking ****.

-Todd