Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Oh how sweet it is...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 01:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Oh how sweet it is...

I hope next time I see him he isnt in the Diablo .

There is a doctor here with a lotta money.. funny since thats his nickname and his last name ryhmes with it. "A lotta money" He owns a Black SL 600 (his wifes car), a Yellow 360 Modena and a yellow Diablo 6.0L. Ive been itching to run the Ferrari since I first got my car running, and since I doubt his wife races (she normally has their daughter on board the SL600) and the Diablo would just rape me silly.

My gf and I were out cruising and hit up 2nd street. We passed a few other cars (WS6, few older muscle cars) and continued on heading north to the turn around point. Since I was nearing the 1/4 mark on the gas guage I said "I need to check the ATM and see how much I have left". So we headed south and turnd into the ATM (facing north). I checked my balance, and got my card.. as I was pulling away I caught this yellow cars reflection in the mirror, it was turning thru the intersection, towards us headed north. The Ferarri!!

I shot away from the ATM and got to the stop sign. I paused only a second as he was about 1/4 the way thru the block coming towards us, I turned right into the outside lane and he was on the inside about 1/4 of the block behind me. So I quickly went thru first gear and was sitting in 2nd gear at about ~45mph when I noticed him rapidly approaching... I got excited obviously and asked "Is he going??" My gf looked back and sure enough he was closing in really fast.. I waited until he was half a length back to go WOT and he was passing me up at about that moment. While running all the way thru 2nd he came up dead even with me where his pull stopped.. and we evened out running neck and neck for a moment...his V8 screaming right next to me and a huge smile on my face... I felt 2nd shift to 3rd...and we started to creep ahead.. slowly pulling him back to my bumper where I decided to let out and I he did so at about the same moment.. since we were a few blocks short of the next stoplight. OMFG...Did that really just happen????!!!??? I must say one thing...he had much better brakes!!!! LOL.

As we slowed down he signalled in behind me and I switched into the inside lane. He then came up next to us at the light and was grinning ear to ear with his wife riding shotgun. We were both wearing shiteating grins and exchanged thumbs up several times. Then he turned right onto the bridge heading into IL. I was so enthralled in the moment I didnt notice the silver C6 sitting at the light to the right until the ferrari suddently stopped and checked it out. I saw both drivers throwing thumbs up at one another...fricken crazy!!!!

My light had been green for a few moments already while I witnessed all this.. dumbfounded. Thank god no one was behind me. LOL I decided to whip a u-turn to check out the C6 a little closer, but there was a center divider. So I went alll the way to the end of the block and whipped a shitty. Then about 1/4 of a block away the light went yellow..damn it!!!!! Do I stop?? **** no!! I threw it to 2nd and railed it.. making the light just in time and the C6 came around behind us.

We cruised along for a while next to it.. (was it even running? Damn its quiet) Then I blipped the throttle for a second and gave the owner a big thumbs up. I saw him wave at us in the mirror and when we slowed down for the next light he rolled the window down and BSed for a second. Sweet cars...Love them. He turned left at the light and I immediately rushed to my friends house to share my story.. I was so pumped it was hard to drive for a while anyways. I cant wait to finish up programming my shift points and get this thing to the track!!!!!

Cliff Notes: Barely pulled a 360 Modena (40mph to lil over 100mph run..3 1/2 blocks approx.), and gave props to a sweet C6.

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 10-28-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like your cliff notes lol!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like fun, but I'm sorta confused about something you said in the beginning, about pulling a WS6 when you had a "couple of injectors unplugged"? That doesn't quite add up in my head, but either way, it makes me wish this place didn't have so many ricers. I just kinda got tired of driving around here...
Old 10-25-2004, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Uh.. yeah I had #5 and #6 unplugged.. we ran from a dig and he would pull ahead...then I would pass him up around 70 or so... They wern't hanging off, just missed their clips, and not making contact. The car felt doggy and once in a while if you were WOT they would connect. It felt like someone came up and shoved you in the middle of being full throttle. I beat a high 13 second stang by only a car length that same night.. Those two injectors made that big of a difference, and I felt like a complete *** hat after I discovered what I had done.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Old 10-25-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, sooooooo you're telling me some guy owns a Diablo 6.0 30 minutes away from me?!?!?!?!?? I'M GOING TO CLINTON, AND FINDING THAT ******* DOCTOR!!!!!!! I am obsessed with Lamborghinis, and the Diablo 6.0 is my favorite car of all time! Hit me up on AIM , QCRamAirLS1 , to give me some more info about this guy. I'm serious!
Old 10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dayum you got a fast *** LT1, Do you have ny other mods that arent in sig, cuz I currently have a 97 SS torn appart in my garage waiting for the gm847 to come in. send me a pm about ur setup
Old 10-25-2004, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

thats the list! the 847 has recently made 365rwhp on stock heads (guy is on CZ28.com)