Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

"race" in my friends civic (LOL) (sorta long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "race" in my friends civic (LOL) (sorta long)

alright, im thinkin about converting my car to a m6, so i asked a friend of mine who drives a 92 or so civic if he would teach me to drive a stick. So, after a few weeks of training, im getting the hang of it pretty good.

last night we were hungry at like 1am, so we go cruisin down the highway, we see a 98+ z28. my friend (who, btw, calls his car the stang smoker, or the mustang killer. We write stang killer in the dust on the back of his car LOL) tells me to go up there and rape this guy in the z. so im drop it down and i catch up to this guy. Put it in neutral and started revving it up, (no he has no exhaust, this car is completely stock, prolly puttin down like 60 hp . Anyway, the guy acts like he doesnt hear it, maybe he didnt, but i kept doing it and finally he looked over, and i swear he must've tapped the gas and gained like half a car, he kept tapping and letting off, just playin with us. (keep in mind i'm riding around at 5k and barely pulling at all rofl). So.. finally we decide to let this guy go.

We turned around, and are heading back to his house and we see a black mustang, we pulled up beside this guy, and after continuous revs, we decide that he didn't want to play, so we pull ahead goin about 5 over the speed limit, and all of a sudden this gt goes wot and owns us, we called it the stang fly-by

Finally!, we followed a silver GT to our exit, and we got beside him at the light, he does a sad burnout at the light, and turned.

After the fact, my friend was mad that i didnt pull up beside the mustang, rev it up to about 6k and throw it in first and show him how a real muscle car burns out LOL!

BTW, we went back to his house, (around 2am) and decide to get the SS out. We get on the same highway and find no one... its so easy to find a race in the civic but not in the SS .
Old 11-10-2004, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

that's the way it usually happens.
nice uh... whatever you call it. it definitely wasn't a kill, but funny.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Thats it, I am going to turbo a civic so I can actually find races :-/
Old 11-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mergleh00ss
Put it in neutral and started revving it up,
I never heard of someone putting a manual in neutral to rev the engine while driving. Why don't you just hold the clutch in and rev it up?
Old 11-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro_SLP
I never heard of someone putting a manual in neutral to rev the engine while driving. Why don't you just hold the clutch in and rev it up?
because like i said i am just learning how to drive a stick, so... thanks for the tip!
Old 11-10-2004, 07:22 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're going to put a manual in your car ?

I am 1,000% sure it would be a ton cheaper, easier, and probably come out way better ... to just sell your car and buy an m6. There is a decent amount involved in changing over tranny's that most people do not realize .... it is by no means a direct swap. I know this because I wanted to put an m6 in my old 97 a4 TA .... after doing a ton of research, I just sold it and bought my current car.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Same here. No one wants to race my WS6 but everybody wanted a piece of my '92 Camaro.