Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Accord vs Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord vs Camaro

Sry this is not a video...just a story.
So I pick up a job (Pizza delivery) while at school after garaging my Camaro and bringing my new Wonderful 86 Accord back to school with me. Well after only working for a week. I get called in early today. Quick background about the car...It vibrated horribly and the car would occationaly stall like the fuel filter was clogged... Well today I figured out what the vibration was...A heat buldge in the tire...after having the tire explode at 50mph !!! Then I change the tire with the spare only to find out the spare was flat. Then find out all the tire places are closed and the only garage that is open doesn't have the right sized tire. So, I go back to work figuring i'll just finish up the night on the spare...Only to come back from a run when i noticed a burning smell...(What I thought was my clutch) WRONG... So i tell my boss that i think i should just call it a nite and go home. Well when i'm leaving the parking lot, i approch an intersection only to hit my brakes to discover that they completely don't work!! After rolling through the intersection (and surviving thank GOD!) I pulled the ebrake to come to a stop. And get out PISSED!!! so now i have no way to get home for THanksgiving !!! I want my camaro back...LOL
Old 11-20-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

That sucks. At least your ok though. Dam hondas
Old 11-20-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sucks having a shitty beater. I know from personal experience. I drive an 88 Oldsmobile Cutlas.....rust and holes all over the place. Sometimes the ignition swith doesn't work and I have to pop the hood and start it with a screwdriver. Luckily for me I come home to my baby from school every night. I love my Z.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

good lord O_O

my beater has been generally reliable..will prob die in a couple weeks though
Old 11-20-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

ya, Horrible day Trying to get it all worked out this weekend so i can make it home! Wish me luck !
Old 11-21-2004, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought Honda's were supposed to be reliable

Old 11-21-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hondas ARE reliable...but they're still human...erm...I mean cars! And such some will undoubtly have problems. I had 2 HOndas before my Z28 (actually still have my most recent Honda)...

My first car ever was an 87 Honda Accord LX-i 5 speed with 120K miles on it. Back when I was 16 or 17, that car looked like a Lotus Esprit to me, and to me it drove like one too. In 2000, with 250K on the clock, my dad sold it.

My most recent honda which I still have I got in 2000, with..120K miles...this time, I was fully aware that the car was no Lotus , and I basically had a point A to point B car. At around 226K something went wrong with the waterpump and it spilled water into the engine. Being quoted 800 bucks to fix it, I said **** it and went out and bought a Z28 instead. Well I WAS gonna sell it, but instead my dad decided to get EVERYTHING in my honda fixed. I still drove my Z28 everywhere...until last weekend when my clutch FINALLY died...

Now had I sold my Honda, I dunno how Id be getting to work right now. I couldnt afford to buy a clutch and have the thing installed at the moment (hard times at my commision based job)..so I bought a used LS6 clutch from jrp yesterday, but I STILL have to wait ANOTHER week for my girlfriends brother to come home from Texas, to install the damn thing!!!

Im going into my second week of being Z28-less...the Honda has been my savior! Sure they arent as fast or as mean as Z28s...but they get the job done!
Old 11-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Any car can be “reliable” or not, 90% of it is how you drive it. My 99 Prelude spent more time on a roll back truck than my 93 Z-28 ever did, but then again I drive the hell out of my cars. I ultimately decided to trade the Prelude in for my 98 TA here recently because I really wanted another F-body, but I have to admit that I was getting tired of the Hondas repair costs. I put more than $5000 in that car in the last year, which was excessive IMO, for any car that is only 5 years old with just over 100K miles.

BTW: hitmeoff, your car is beautiful. I love the wheels!