Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lt-1 Vs. Ls-what?

Old 03-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt-1 Vs. Ls-what?

ok, check this out.i went to a meet /car show where a bunch of f-body boys hang out down here in tampa, and i rolled up in my stone stock 1996 camaro SS.big deal right?apparently not, i got to talking with a few guys and we lined up a couple races.this kid in a 2000 t/a was talking some serious crap about how inferrior the lt1 was, well he was about to find out.he was a a4 with a slp lid.bellow and a set of loudmouth.keep in mind my car is stone stock with some bald *** good-years.so i wanted to race from atleast a 1st gear roll, so he gave me the hit, and not to my amaze i started pulling gradually to about 120.at the end i has a good 2-3 cars on him.every body swore up and down that i had nitrous or somthing, yea, i wished!so a pretty quick car wanted to race me, i know the guy pretty well, but i never race my car so we was all over me when i got out there.it was on 02 ws6 m6 with pretty much the same mods but w/ a slp maf.we went from a 1st gear roll, my tires grabbed alright but still spun pretty good, we got to where i just shifted into fourth gear and hit the brakes b/c of traffic, he put an honest car on me.he was very impressed, and even said "good race"kind of suprised.i then took my baby home, shes not used to seeing that kind of abuse.well thats pretty much it, it just goes to show you how potent the lt1 engine can be in stock trim with low miles and the world's self-proclaimed greatest driver! not a bad night for those inferrior lt1's huh.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

good kill,
but i would be lyin if i id did not state i am surprised.

my lt1 was no where near as fast as my ls1.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Launching!

not half as suprised as the guy in the ls1!
Old 03-03-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hugger1975
good kill,
but i would be lyin if i id did not state i am surprised.

my lt1 was no where near as fast as my ls1.
Same here.

Good kill though
Old 03-03-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Regular

No **** .well done
Old 03-03-2005, 03:53 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeahhhhh, this one's slightly hard to believe.

My 97 WS6 was slow as ***** compared to my stock 99 ws6. And a full second difference between the two in the quarter is a lot of car lengths on the street ....

I'm just not sure what the "Ls-what" means? ... and the fact that you actually have "8URLS1" on your license plate kind of leads me to call BS on your entire life.

Stock LT1 beating a light bolt-on LS1 is definately a long shot .... I could see it happening a race or two (if the LS1 had a 40kt headwind, and the LT1 had a 40kt tailwind somehow), but to have it on your license plate is pure ignorance, and sounds like something a 15 second honda would have as it's plate.

Anyways, why are you "LOOKING FOR AN LS1" when you have the LS1 eater LT1??

eh.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:48 AM
Banned

Nate
Old 03-03-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x

My 97 WS6 was slow as ***** compared to my stock 99 ws6. And a full second difference between the two in the quarter is a lot of car lengths on the street ....

I'm just not sure what the "Ls-what" means? ... and the fact that you actually have "8URLS1" on your license plate kind of leads me to call BS on your entire life.

Stock LT1 beating a light bolt-on LS1 is definately a long shot .... I could see it happening a race or two (if the LS1 had a 40kt headwind, and the LT1 had a 40kt tailwind somehow), but to have it on your license plate is pure ignorance, and sounds like something a 15 second honda would have as it's plate.

eh.
My 95 LT1 didnt do much of anything below 60 roll. It was a dog out of the hole and had a converter, cam, and headers.
BTW where in Tampa was this?
Originally Posted by jaredwayt
and i rolled up in my stone stock 1996 camaro SS
Now come on man. I didnt see this.

Last edited by greentahoe; 03-03-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Banned

Talking

My '02 'Hawk....... My '94 Full bolt on Formula= Needs more oats.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

eh.
Talk about a hater
Old 03-03-2005, 03:02 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
Talk about a hater
Haha, not at all. I loved my old LT1 .... but having owned both cars, I am well are of the differences between the two. I raced plenty of LS1's in my LT1, and plenty of LT1's in my LS1, and honestly, there is a significant difference between the two.

The sarcasm in my post was directed at his silly attitude, rather then the fact that he was saying his stock LT1 beat a light bolt-on LS1.

"... and not to my amaze i started pulling gradually to about 120.at the end i has a good 2-3 cars on him"

And not to your amaze .... what a tool.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:21 PM
STF Veteran

A couple months ago I raced a 96/97 WS6 TA that seemed to only have exhaust, in my 100% stock underachieving (check the 1/4 mile times) TA, and he put exactly 0 cars on me from a 60 roll up to 140mph. He started out 7 or 8 cars ahead and he was still 7 or 8 cars ahead when we started coming up on traffic. Modded LT1 paces even with a stock (weak) LS1.

So yeah, You either ran into the world's worst LS1 (I mean it's an A4, you can't even blame it on the driver!), You have the strongest LT1 GM ever produced, or there is something fishy going on here.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

My 96 TA was a dog. Did not even compare to my 00 SS.

Good kill, BTW.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

Haha, not at all. I loved my old LT1 .... but having owned both cars, I am well are of the differences between the two. I raced plenty of LS1's in my LT1, and plenty of LT1's in my LS1, and honestly, there is a significant difference between the two.

The sarcasm in my post was directed at his silly attitude, rather then the fact that he was saying his stock LT1 beat a light bolt-on LS1.

"... and not to my amaze i started pulling gradually to about 120.at the end i has a good 2-3 cars on him"

And not to your amaze .... what a tool.
Just screwing with ya
Old 03-03-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

and a set of loudmouth
Can you go in to detail and explain to us what exactly is a set of loudmouth. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just how the hell much hit did he give you? At a first gear roll an a4 ls1 will drop right into a killer downshift. My a4 has loud mouth and an slp lid. So thats both mods you mentioned, the only lt1 I've raced I gave the jump to and reeled past him before the car shifted gears...
Old 03-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

this story is such bs
Old 03-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Launching!

xphantomws6x
TECH Junkie"I'm just not sure what the "Ls-what" means? ... and the fact that you actually have "8URLS1" on your license plate kind of leads me to call BS on your entire life."

i said ls-what b/c my syock *** 96' camaro ss beat the allmighty ls1, 8urls1 is not accually on my liscence plate, its an old screen name.and yes im looking for a ls1 to mod b/c there where very few of my cars made unlike your ws6 asc#20937.

enisguy
"Can you go in to detail and explain to us what exactly is a set of loudmouth. Thanks"

well i reffered to it as a set b/c if you combine all the pieces of the system toger, you have a set.sorry for being southern, ya damb yankees.

kcamaro-we went from my hit on a third honk.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

enisguy
"Can you go in to detail and explain to us what exactly is a set of loudmouth. Thanks"

well i reffered to it as a set b/c if you combine all the pieces of the system toger, you have a set.sorry for being southern, ya damb yankees.
Always gotta make it into a north vs south thing, don't ya.

I know a ton of southern people who can spell and construct sentences without sounding like a ******* 5 year old, you must be one of those mountain hicks or something. How'd you get your hands on a computer?
Old 03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Were in tampa ?

Search this Thread