Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

do people think our cars are slow???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

around here people flock to the SRT-4's instead. they usually could care less about STI and EVO. I dont really see much of any of them, mostly v8's since its near detroit, but if a supra rolls buy everyones jaw drops, even if its a slow ricer one they immediately think its running 8's
Old 03-07-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

The Camaro/Firebird/Vette in my area get more respect than the SRT4, EVO, or WRX STi.

So, "No" people do not think our cars are slow. Not unless they are ignorant ricers that is.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

I see alot of modded SRT-4's around here (south houston, and galveston area) I dont know about the rest of the crowd but it think our cars get some attention and respect, but not nearly as much as we deserve When i do run into an sti or evo its on i-45 and i can handle them pretty easily. I would hate to have to play catch up from a dead stop lol.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here people who know about cars give respect. But there are many who don't know anything.

I gotta go now, my buddy told me my blinker fluid is low. I am going to get the guys at the parts store to add a little for me.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
Oh and ritz,

I feel ya.
Thats a sweet picture in your sig. What wheels are they? They look similar to mine but the rear wheels looks to have an even deeper dish than my 17X11's...
Old 03-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my area, people think my car is slow...it is mostly high school kids and transients (who are also usually kids). Not that my ripe old age of 24 makes me an old man.

Por ejemplo - kid pulls up behind me quick in a GTP. He had some rims on it, but it sounded pretty stock otherwise. I'm first in line at a red light, he's right behind me, and some buddies of his were in a little Honda to his right. You can faintly hear the Honda guys saying "I'll bet that's fast...you should go take out that SS." The guy just kinda laughs and starts revving up. I was in no hurry to go anywhere, but I thought I'd give them a taste before he grew a sack...I gave it about 3/4 throttle pulling away as you hear the GTP squealing the tires. My duals have a pretty good bark to them, and I was already out about 3-4 cars while he just sat there looking like an idiot. He never pulled up next to me even though I was going under the speed limit.

They'll learn...one at a time, they will all learn. My SS isn't the fastest car around here, but it can take out most of the crap the populates our streets. The rice is horrible down here...the only other place I've seen that was worse was Colorado Springs. I heard the same stories out there...as soon as they saw it run, they were all surprised that it did as well as it did.

Most f-bodies do "look" kinda slow just by looking at them...they ARE huge cars compared to most of the other stuff out there on the roads.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Thats a sweet picture in your sig. What wheels are they? They look similar to mine but the rear wheels looks to have an even deeper dish than my 17X11's...
And if I'm not mistaken, those are Fikse FM5s...
Old 03-07-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

I dunno, the only people around here that seem to be willing to race are rich kids in BMWs and a Cobra owner. I've had several Hondas that won't even look at me at a stop light. Most people seem to know that a LS1 is not a vehicle to play with. Too bad the Ferarri 360 wouldn't at least give me a run... though the thumbs up after I did a quick 3rd gear pull made me feel good
Old 03-07-2005, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Some kid didn't think Fbodys are that fast and he could take them with his Talon(not the AWD). When he found out they were fast he, he wants to bring out the Nos to take it. Then the one day I heard he said the new GTOs were slow and had like 240hp and that 350-400hp wasn't true.
Maybe when the Z28 comes out of hibernation, it will teach him a lesson.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Toadman
Some kid didn't think Fbodys are that fast and he could take them with his Talon(not the AWD). When he found out they were fast he, he wants to bring out the Nos to take it. Then the one day I heard he said the new GTOs were slow and had like 240hp and that 350-400hp wasn't true.
Maybe when the Z28 comes out of hibernation, it will teach him a lesson.
Tell him you heard that those Talons could handle a 400 shot of "NOS", and then he could take on a Viper. He would have the fastest car in town. We should encourage this type of behavior with these people.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:50 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I'll go to the track, run some 11's and get no attention, while the guy in the Evo running 14's has an entourage of punks and punk chics. That's the way it is.
Yeah, I've seen that kind of scene a few times too. My reaction was WTF?!

I'll pull up by myself and rip off a 11.9/12.0 in my '94 (NA times BTW) and the ricer punk with a personal best of 14.5 has an "entourage".
Old 03-07-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
And if I'm not mistaken, those are Fikse FM5s...
Correct.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life
"It's not even an SS, it's just a Z28"

best response i hear from the ricer crowd when someone wants to run me

I like those kinds. "Yeah, it's just a plain Trans Am. Nope...not a WS6. Just a plain ole." Then they fade to the rear.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:01 AM
12 Second Club

Hell funny cause i just raced a S/C GSR integra, and when we aked him if he wanted to run me he said "Oh is it an SS OMFG please no!" we said "No its a Z28" he said "Pffff what a relief" LOL smoked his ***
Old 03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Hahahaha!!! Dude, just throw a cam in it and open up the exhaust and then they'll freak out!!!! But seriously, we have those kind here, but most of 'em have seen our cars run at the track and know what they can do, and it's like ur their god if you show up at a meet that they're at, it's pretty funny!!!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Broken041
I like those kinds. "Yeah, it's just a plain Trans Am. Nope...not a WS6. Just a plain ole." Then they fade to the rear.
Peep the sig.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ritz
Peep the sig.

Good call. I might borrow that little saying you have there in the sig.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Oh yeah, and another funny thing is, I went out to a bbq one time last year, and I rolled out on my hoosier QTP's, so this Evo was there that everyone says is so fast and will only race from digs and thinks he's the fastest thing from a dig on the street, so I went up to him and was like hey, you wanna run from a dig. He's like sure, what you got. I'm like just a z28, he's like ok. So then he sees me go to my car and he comes over and looks at it, and he notices the slicks and he's like what the ****, he's like i'm not racing you, that's a race car, those are slicks!!!! I just burst out laughing!!!! And when he heard it start, he really freaked out (at the time I had 3" true duals with 12" bullets, now she's even louder, just extensions off the headers to save the o2's)!! So of course, the race didn't go down!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol... sticky tires means you have a race car?

Maybe someone should inform him that you cant launch a powerful car on street tires... I dont have that many impressive mods for my car but I can light my stock tires up untill they go bald without even tapping the break...

Tell him that his evo has a big *** wing and that means its a race car too...
Old 03-08-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by t1blackout
lol... sticky tires means you have a race car?

Maybe someone should inform him that you cant launch a powerful car on street tires... I dont have that many impressive mods for my car but I can light my stock tires up untill they go bald without even tapping the break...

Tell him that his evo has a big *** wing and that means its a race car too...
Hahahaha, that's why I laughed!!!! My car is sort of a racecar, but not fully!!! I have my interior out, but I still have a/c and all that **** (which is soon to change, when I pull the motor to build it, i'm pullin the a/c and maybe a few other things). But it's funny, at the time I didn't even have a cage in the car!!!! But I still drive the car on the street all the time and will continue to do so, I enjoy it too much to fully take it off the street, even just the sound of it cruising or loping, it's music to my ears!!!