Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

do people think our cars are slow???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the classic "wow, an S-10 with a body kit " or "you paid how much for your s-10? "

Things could be worse. I asked my little brother the other day what kind of car he wanted when he turned 16. Im thinking I could help him out with a kick *** musclecar or something to help him score some chicks. But no. He tells me, "I want a hybrid. They get really good mileage. "
Old 03-09-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
You get **** from F-body guys in a GN? Please smack some sense into those guys.
It's only on occasion but to be fair they dont know anything about f bodies either. Most of them got the car for the body not the motor and their parents were rich/stupid enough to buy them a car with that kind of power when they know nothing about cars or how to drive them.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:41 AM

Here is what I think w/o reading all 81 posts. Look around at these cars....most of them are young drivers that have only been sitting behind the wheel for a few years. Everything is fast to them since the sensation of real speed is something they have never really experienced. Plus, the mentality seems to be rolling and top end speed, not ball busting launches that F-bodies give. Just my obsevation.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I'll go to the track, run some 11's and get no attention, while the guy in the Evo running 14's has an entourage of punks and punk chics. That's the way it is.

i can see that happening. they wet their panties real quick for a 14sec car
Old 03-10-2005, 10:12 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by white00ws6

i can see that happening. they wet their panties real quick for a 14sec car
Yeah, In my experience, the only women who really know something about cars tend to look more like me than like the women on the covers of import magazines.

Although, to be fair, if a woman said to me "What year is that Trans am? It's got the LS1 in it, right? What cam are you running?" Then her attractiveness would jump up a few notches right there.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
Yeah, In my experience, the only women who really know something about cars tend to look more like me than like the women on the covers of import magazines.
except for the ones on here. Zangel and a few others know way more than me about cars and look damn good
Old 03-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skarecrow

Although, to be fair, if a woman said to me "What year is that Trans am? It's got the LS1 in it, right? What cam are you running?" Then her attractiveness would jump up a few notches right there.
You don't have to find one that knows a lot...just one that is trainable. That way, you can set them straight from the beginning

"Yeah baby, this LS1 IS faster than a Ferrari."

Old 03-10-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
You don't have to find one that knows a lot...just one that is trainable. That way, you can set them straight from the beginning

"Yeah baby, this LS1 IS faster than a Ferrari."

Thats how my gf is now. She cant put oil in her truck but she knows what an intercooler, turbo, alky injection, and stall convertor is now.