Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Naw, it was a Z06 ... don't know what you call the color but it sort of a bronzish-silver. When it was behind me, I just noticed it had no top and in my rearview ... top down, top off, whatever.
Sorry to tell you but the Z06 was a HARD-TOP, which means it wasnt removable at all. I remember reading that this was because roof added structural integrity for better handling and less weight.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a Z06.
If it's not a FRC (fixed roof coupe), it is NOT a Z06.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Here a convertible ... Z06

Maybe I'm wrong, but, here are the convertible specs:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/ca...ettespecs.html

If I'm wrong about it being a Z06, then, it couldn't have not been stock. Oh well, thanks for the info. I'm going to pull the guy over next time I see him and ask him what's done to it. Then, I'll post back here and let you know.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 03-09-2005 at 06:58 PM. Reason: bad info
Old 03-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe I'm wrong, but, here are the convertible specs:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/ca...ettespecs.html

If I'm wrong about it being a Z06, then, it couldn't have not been stock. Oh well, thanks for the info. I'm going to pull the guy over next time I see him and ask him what's done to it. Then, I'll post back here and let you know.
I don't see a convertible Z06 anywhere.

Trust me...a Z06 is a FRC only.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

That proved everyone wrong! Try again friend, there's no vert Z06's outside of the aftermarket ie. carrivagio.....or whatever the hell the name of that company is.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

... hehe ... wasn't trying to prove anybody wrong ... just seeing how livid about proving ME wrong that you are ... 5 minutes and got the daylights beat out of me by you guys. Y'all killin' me ... LOL!!! Have you never been wrong before?

I have found quite a few Z06 Corvettes that are convertibles, however, they were all customized and the one I raced sure wasn't a 'one-in-a-thousand that are.

Anyway, I was wrong, so, what are you going to beat up on me about, now?
I come here for the comaradere, friendship, and enjoyment. If I'm wrong about something why does that make me such a bad person? I don't understand some of you. Most people here are cool about things, but, man you guys love to batter people when they're wrong. I'll bet you have never been wrong about anything, though.

Now go ahead and lock the thread down like you did the last one ... put the little gay avatar in there again before you do ... just like you did when tried every way in the world to make me call you bad names ... and you couldn't. Well, you still can't and I still wish you well. I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet ... wish you knew me in this life. Oh well, we'll meet in the next one, I hope, in heaven. If not, I'll be your First Sergeant in hell.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 03-09-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

... hehe ... wasn't trying to prove anybody wrong ... just seeing how livid about proving ME wrong that you are ... 5 minutes and got the daylights beat out of me by you guys. Y'all killin' me ... LOL!!! Have you never been wrong before?

I have found quite a few Z06 Corvettes that are convertibles, however, they were all customized and the one I raced sure wasn't a 'one-in-a-thousand that are.

I come here for the comaradere, friendship, and enjoyment. If I'm wrong about something why does that make me such a bad person? I don't understand some of you. Most people here are cool about things, but, man you guys love to batter people when they're wrong. I'll bet you have never been wrong about anything, though.

Now go ahead and lock the thread down like you did the last one ... put the little gay avatar in there again before you do ... just like you did when tried every way in the world to make me call you bad names ... and you couldn't. Well, you still can't and I still wish you well. I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet ... wish you knew me in this life. Oh well, we'll meet in the next one, I hope, in heaven. If not, I'll be your First Sergeant in hell.
lol man dont get all butt hurt over any of these guys....thats what were here for...to learn u the knowledge of the LS1...lol they have jumped my *** before too....i just laugh and go about my business...no hard feelings man...BTW NICE KILL!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Yeah I noticed after I raised hell on the last one and made EVERYONE look stupid they shut it down...Just people that like to make you feel like dirt and when someone really defends you and makes them feel worse, they all get their panties in a bunch.

Nice kill.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:16 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

Personally, I don't care if you killed a Z06 but from what I read in this thread, peeps were just trying to set the record straight and I don't believe anyone said you were a bad person because you might have mistaken a C5 for Z06.

Maybe it was a Z06 with after-market roof but as pointed out, from the factory, every single Z06 came with hard top.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill...
I am just reconfirming that Z06 come in hardtops only... Does anyone know how much it cost to have the top cut off and make it convertible anyways? Not that I would ever do that because I don't like verts at all...

-Matt
Old 03-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Maybe it was a mazda pretending to be a Zo6
Old 03-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

I raced a Z06 with a convertible!

I'm just kidding, of all that I have raced I still have yet to race one Corvette. Not one. This sucks.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DanSSull
I raced a Z06 with a convertible!

I'm just kidding, of all that I have raced I still have yet to race one Corvette. Not one. This sucks.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

I was just trying to be cool and crack a joke sorry to be dumb
Old 03-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DanSSull
I was just trying to be cool and crack a joke sorry to be dumb
No you were being funny.........dont be
Old 03-10-2005, 05:08 AM
TECH Addict

This board rocks!!!

You can come here and exercise your freedom of speech ... just don't ever be wrong if you have a tendency to take things personally ... LOL

Thanks for all your opinions and replies.

UNIT213 > you're a hard man to deal with ... but you seem to be alright ... for a

... j/kUnit ... don't lock me down again ... seriously, it's fun here.