Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2002 WS6 A4 Vs. 2005 Mustang GT ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1z15
sorry didnt mean to put 100 bucks. By the way the person that i raced is my manager. And we put down that if i won that i would get the day off and 100 bux. It was a damn easy race. He thrashed with me until around 60 or so then i pulled ahead 3 car lengths by 120 ... I said we should have raced to top speed because he will shutoff at 143 and what i hear ls1's hit 175. Is this true?
Wow the GT has graduated to now being able to stay with an LS1 until 60.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just raced a 05 GT that sounded like it had exhaust work done. Check out my kill story in the street racing forum. With me, 3 other passengers, and a full tank of gas, I beat the GT by a good 3+ car lengths.

Edit: Also I just have full bolt ons, cam isn't in it yet
Old 04-16-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Well I used to be a die hard mustang hater. But i have come to realize that they arent that bad of cars. No they are still not yet up to the speed of an LS1 stock to stock. The 03/04 cobras werent even that much faster than a stock LS1(please dont mention the modding thing, i know). But the mustang GTs are actually a really good car for the price of them. There arent many cars out there that hit 300hp for only $25,000. But ofcourse there is nothing i love more than breaking there hearts in a race. They are great cars for the moeny. But they are gonna do a lot of losing to LS1's if they stay stock. But atleat they have finally hit 13's in stock form.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, isnt that your Mom's Trans Am, not your own? Because if so, I do not think she'd appreciate you taking out her car and racing it. After all I'm sure your entire family pays more then enough for insurance with the list of cars you have, and a nice fat wad of money to let you possibly even take out the Trans Am. So why go screw things up, get caught street racing, crash of some unexpected incident at high speeds. Remember anything can happen on the Street!

Nice kill, but even so in no way should you be that cocky about beating a bone stock, 2005 Mustang GT-there have been quite a few getting smoked around here day in and day out. Its getting familiar here in my part of IL. The car is rated slower, less powerful, and heavier.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PewterWSSicc
Well I used to be a die hard mustang hater. But i have come to realize that they arent that bad of cars. No they are still not yet up to the speed of an LS1 stock to stock. The 03/04 cobras werent even that much faster than a stock LS1(please dont mention the modding thing, i know). But the mustang GTs are actually a really good car for the price of them. There arent many cars out there that hit 300hp for only $25,000. But ofcourse there is nothing i love more than breaking there hearts in a race. They are great cars for the moeny. But they are gonna do a lot of losing to LS1's if they stay stock. But atleat they have finally hit 13's in stock form.
Don't get me wrong I like Mustang's alot(my car is an '02 GT Mustang )
But you only get 260 hp and you call yourself a muscle car?? Your main rivals even though extinct for the past couple years still have a faster car than the '05 GT you put out?? That dissapoints me a little bit. Every time I see a V8 Camaro or Firebird I already know I'm at a disadvantage. That's to me!!

I'm crawling back to GM for my next car. GTO!!
Old 04-19-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
Don't get me wrong I like Mustang's alot(my car is an '02 GT Mustang )
But you only get 260 hp and you call yourself a muscle car?? Your main rivals even though extinct for the past couple years still have a faster car than the '05 GT you put out?? That dissapoints me a little bit. Every time I see a V8 Camaro or Firebird I already know I'm at a disadvantage. That's to me!!

I'm crawling back to GM for my next car. GTO!!
serves you right j/k i did my import time before i knew it i was suffering from torqcosis. now i have to get my daily allotted serving of torque.