Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

350 GT SKYLINE??? anyway Killed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 350 GT SKYLINE??? anyway Killed!

I was on my way home, halfway through my hour drive when i saw it. Just on cruise listening to some George Strait. This guy tail gates the **** out of me. I'm like WTF? The fast lane is open and you tail me in the slow.
I change lanes so does he.We do this for like 2 miles. I cant figure ouit if its a 350Z or that Infiniti G35. So he finally pulls beside me, banging his head. (maybe he's having a seizure?
Outta no where he nails it and cuts me off! It's on now Biatch!! But what it is I have no idea The rear deck said SKYLINE in chrome and had a 350GT badge to the right. And a plate that read QUICKRNU. So I slam around him pull up next to him tap the breaks to break lock up and let out a lil rev.
He nails it again I let him have a 4' jump, then it was over. I pulled him a whole lenght football field from 70 to 120. I don't know what that things is still but it sucks!
Old 06-12-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in japan, the skyline is based off the same chassis.. so people over here put skyline badges on them very dumb i think
Old 06-12-2005, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigBronco
in japan, the skyline is based off the same chassis.. so people over here put skyline badges on them very dumb i think
Why dumb? It's the same car. Like putting a S13/14 badge on a 240sx, I'd think?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

because a skyline would destory a 350
Old 06-12-2005, 06:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DAn95
because a skyline would destory a 350
....but they are the same car. A G35C in the states is a Skyline GTS (or GT, I forget) in Japan. 350Z (which is essentially the same vehicle, like Camaro's and Firebirds) would be about even in any competiton against a G35/Skyline...
Old 06-12-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Junkie

A real skyline!

A car is more than just a chassis/wheelbase...

Damned ricers
Old 06-12-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baldurann
....but they are the same car. A G35C in the states is a Skyline GTS (or GT, I forget) in Japan. 350Z (which is essentially the same vehicle, like Camaro's and Firebirds) would be about even in any competiton against a G35/Skyline...
No... no it wouldnt be even. The skyline has the same frame and chasis, but a completely different power plant. That would be like saying a corvette and a Z06 should be even in any competition.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Why dumb? It's the same car. Like putting a S13/14 badge on a 240sx, I'd think?

They share the same wheelbase and many characteristics, yes.

A 240SX here in the States w/ a bunch of Sylvia badges does not mean that it is a Sylvia with the factory Turbo inline 4.

To me, it's like putting an SS badge on a V6 Camaro.

Japanese cars had a incredible position in the mid-90's w/ a bunch of badass cars (MKIV Supra, 300ZX TT, 3000GT VR-4, RX-7) but I don't think there is any decent Japanese sports car IN THE U.S. now. Yes, the Japanese Skyline GT-R is outta hand... Over there.

Unless you go four-door, which I think sucks for a sports car, viz. Lan Evo/STI.

Besides, American Muscle rules

I used to like imports alot more. I still go goo-goo-ga-ga over a pretty, non-rice, Rex or Supra... Kinda wish I had one to play around with, too, in addition to my car.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KCamaro
No... no it wouldnt be even. The skyline has the same frame and chasis, but a completely different power plant. That would be like saying a corvette and a Z06 should be even in any competition.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Im sure it was just a bagded G35 which I agree is dumb. There is alot of mystism surrounding the Skyline here in the states. That car is considered by alot of the ricer crowd to be untouchable in any type of race. The facts are the car isnt any faster than a stock LS1 in stock form. A friend of mine loves the Skyline, not because its some magical car, but because he likes the body of it. Even he agrees that the car is way overhyped by people here and it run mid - low 13s and around 105 mph.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm a huge fan of the Skyline, and it's one of my pet peeves when people put badges on something they don't have. Like someone already said it's putting an SS badge on a V6.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Bro, I am a huge fan of them, too... Wouldn't mind having a Midnight Purple Pearl R34 GT-R for fun. There is a company here that modifies them to meet Federal specs for a legal road car... Ameritech, I think. Then you just purchase the car through them. You end up paying for the car's transport, taxes/overseas b.s., modification costs, and the healthy dose of profit they make. In short, you end paying something like $80k or more if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, of course: None of here would probably pay something like that for a car like that. Of course, If I was somewhere where there were no TA's, I'd probably pay up for an analogous circumstance to get one. Well, if I could afford $80k anyway.

For huge fans of the car, diehard ones, good for them if they buy one. I'd rather pay that for that car than more for a slower NSX with notorious alignment problems. Some guy drove one (R32) to the dealer where my friend works once, and everyone was like, "Oh! That car can take a Lamborghini. Yeah, that's a skyline, blah, blah, blah" like neanderthals staring at a crashed alien spacecraft. Yeah, I have an appreciation for the car as an enthusiast. But...

It is sad how some people have so much rice for brains that they view the car like it's magical or something, knowing nothing about it. We can thank 2Fast2Furious for that.

Last edited by bboyferal; 06-12-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bboyferal
They share the same wheelbase and many characteristics, yes.
I could have SWORE that the current Skyline/Fairlady Z models in Japan were using the VQ35 powerplant? Can someone give me a link if I am wrong? Not being an ***, just want to learn more about it...

Originally Posted by bboyferal
A 240SX here in the States w/ a bunch of Sylvia badges does not mean that it is a Sylvia with the factory Turbo inline 4.

To me, it's like putting an SS badge on a V6 Camaro.
I know the difference of a 240sx and an S13/14... my friend has a converted '95 S14, and I meant it as if you convert the car to how it SHOULD have been from the factory, why couldn't you put the proper conversion badging on it? Sorry for the miscommunication.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Im sure it was just a bagded G35 which I agree is dumb. There is alot of mystism surrounding the Skyline here in the states. That car is considered by alot of the ricer crowd to be untouchable in any type of race. The facts are the car isnt any faster than a stock LS1 in stock form. A friend of mine loves the Skyline, not because its some magical car, but because he likes the body of it. Even he agrees that the car is way overhyped by people here and it run mid - low 13s and around 105 mph.
Yes I agree... the vehicle stock is good for low 13's, high 12's at 10xmph... the reason it's so big over there, which I am sure you know, if because it has a wonderful AWD system (read: ATESSA-ETS) and a great powerplant that can hold a lot of power.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes I agree... the vehicle stock is good for low 13's, high 12's at 10xmph... the reason it's so big over there, which I am sure you know, if because it has a wonderful AWD system (read: ATESSA-ETS) and a great powerplant that can hold a lot of power.
Yes, wonderful is an understatement.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Oh I understand all about the RB25DETT and the part time all wheel drive system the cars have. They can be made into a beast, but so can anything else. I just get tired of the "Skylines are the fastest cars in the world" and "Nothing can beat a Skyline, they come from the factory running 10s on low boost" BS that I hear over and over. Its dumb people that dont know anything about the cars that get on my damn nerves. As stated above alot of people see it as some magical peice of machinery that is untouchable by any other car.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

We have two in MV, an R32 and R33 both from MotoreX. Good looking cars but they refuse to line up with me. Skyline's are rated at 271 at the flywheel but will hold more with higher boost. The GT-R? How many GT-R's were built? Hell, anyone can build a one off super terror but good luck finding one.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
We have two in MV, an R32 and R33 both from MotoreX. Good looking cars but they refuse to line up with me. Skyline's are rated at 271 at the flywheel but will hold more with higher boost. The GT-R? How many GT-R's were built? Hell, anyone can build a one off super terror but good luck finding one.

They wont line up with you because they dont want their "magial" car to get its *** handed to it and make it lose its "magicalness". If thats even a word.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

in japan they have a law about cars being advertised as over 280hp the skylines a re underrated they are incredible cars much like stock ls1 and take well to mods as it is a turbo car. I said a skyline would destroy a 350z or g35 and its true skylines run low 13s and 350 s and g35 run 14-15's
Old 06-13-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAn95
in japan they have a law about cars being advertised as over 280hp the skylines a re underrated they are incredible cars much like stock ls1 and take well to mods as it is a turbo car. I said a skyline would destroy a 350z or g35 and its true skylines run low 13s and 350 s and g35 run 14-15's
I heard the gentleman's agreement ended just recently, but then again I heard it and cant back it for sure. That agreement however would explain why the car is rated so low. For anyone that dosnt know the law is that no car manufacturer can sell a car with more than 275hp in Japan, or atleast rate it with more.