Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

guy in 90 stang wanst to race for $$...need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well...my bud has a 87gt 5.0,w/stock heads,cam,intake,pulleys and th-body. he has major weight reductions. he has headers w/full exhaust,slicks(no skinnies)3.73's,suspenchion mods and a 150 shot. he ran 12.02@117. like i said,he had a major light car nothing is in it and what is is all aftermarket light weight.you need to back out of the $ race. i wouldn't care if a 19sec car wants to run for $,i don't do it. fun or nothing with me. goodluck bro.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pottskies
i was outside washing my car today and 2 of the neighborhood kids come up to me saying their import civic ex can beat me, they always talk **** when they see me, so i take them for a ride around the block. They quickly lose the idea that their civic has a chance in hell. But then they go on saying they have this friend with this mustang that runs 10's, im like of god do these kids ever stop! they say he will race you for $500 bucks. i say ok we'll go to the track and race. I didnt think they actually had a friend with a fast stang, cause they all drive imports. Then today this older guy (maybe 35 or so) comes up to my door with the 2 kids, he says so i hear you wanna race. I was taken off guard but said "sure, are you the guy with the stang". He confirmed he was. He apparently has a 90 mustang 5.0 5 speed with bolt ons (wouldnt get specific as to what bolt ons) but made clear to me its all stock internals + a 100 shot of NOS skinnys up front and slicks in the back. He wanted me to turn my car on ( bone stock 98 trans am a4) so i can give him a few revs. He wouldnt say what he runs but the kids claim 10's which is almost impossible for a 90 5.0 without major engine work, even with the 100 shot i think. My question is what would a 5.0 with all the bolt ons imaginable and a 100 shot possibly run, i mean fastest possible? low 12's would be my thought? He wants to race next week at moroso, what do u guys think i should get in terms of mods to beat this guy. I know its hard to say without knowing exactly what he has but just some possible ideas. Thanks in advance
A 1990 5.0 factory is rated at 225hp and 300fpt. It was an aniversary year, my buddy bought one and still has it. Pretty quick with a 5 speed.

I agree what others are saying. If he's lightweight, say, 2600 pounds. He's going to be putting down at least 350hp with the bolt ons and the 100 shot not to mention allot of torque unlike those 350-400hp turbo civics.

A 3.27 rear option was available for that year from the factory.

I could see him running high 10s and low 11s with traction and assuming the car is semi stripped.

I would check the car out before I put up $500.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

my friends mustang runs deep 11's, but of course its a 331 with only an alternator bolted to the motor with a 150 shot in a car that weighs around 2700 lbs.

i would definetly see the car before i bet, but if he is hanging around a bunch of ricers a 14 sec car would feel like a 10 sec car to them.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:26 AM
Banned

Yeah dude seriously find a fast as **** ls1 go to the track to find it ask for his number and have him help you out....You don't get someone else's car to race I mean seriously the guys like 28 w/e find a fast ls1 if your gonna play like that ****....