Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Best night so far this summer.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best night so far this summer.

I get a call from a friend of mine friday night at about 11 and there is a supercharged RSX wanting a race. The guy was cocky as hell until I pulled in with my cutout open . We cut to the chase and go race and come to find out his car isn't all it was cracked up to be. From a 20 mph roll i put easily 5-6 cars on him and from a dig it was even worse. So we get back to the spot we were hanging out and the guy turns out to be pretty cool. What I didn't like about the guy is he didn't pay for his car or any of the mods to it. His dad owns Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City, Ks. Rich Johnson County kid. Anywho I am talking to his group of friends and his buddy has a 98 twin turbo Supra with intake, turbo back exhaust, bov, and an electronic boost controller set at #16. This was the most beautiful car I have seen in a while, it was a medium blue metallic color. I had never raced a modded Supra so I had no idea what would happen. First race we went from 40 and I honked it and got a little jump on him so we backed off and tried it again. Again we went from 40 and I put a car onto him up to about 125. Third time around we go from a dig. Off the launch he gets about 1/2 a car on me thanks to the lack of traction. By 30 im back at his door and once I hit second I pulled a half a car. All the way up to 130 im inching by him and it ends up being me in front by almost a car length. When we get back to the Sonic we were parked at I popped the hood and nobody there would believe I had stock internals. So I finally beat it into their head that i was nearly stock and a few of them were thinking pretty sereously about leaving the dark side. Anyway that was my night, thanks for listening.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

dam.. sounds like a pretty dam fun night. I've yet to see a modded supra on the streets... I'd be too afraid to run one though ... sweet kills, bud!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

nice kills, tho supras can be real beasts, whats times are you running btw?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Launching!

I actually have no idea, never been to the track. I would like to find someone to go with though.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

ur car sounds like it reuns real strong without LT's. i bet you would be amazed with the LT's..those superchargers arent as hyped up as the make them out ot be. i personally think its a waste of money
Old 07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Launching!

I think I got one of the strong motors. I raced a 02 z28 with the same mods minus the ls6 intake and beat him. Not bad for a 100k mile car.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

FYI...Kansas City is actually in Missouri
Old 07-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Launching!

There is a Kansas City Kansas as well and thats where the dealership is.