Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ME Vs a Mach one??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ME Vs a Mach one??

ive been dying to race a mach one a kid up the street has a black one that has an x pipe and cat back and i dont knw what else i was wondering who would win between the two, both are manuals i knw it will probably be close but just wondering what you guys thought has anyone raced one? i have a clear mti lid torque arm panrod arm strut bar nitto 555rs?
thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Imo, The Mach One Is Slow As Hell Just Like The Gt! The Ram Air They Have Is Barely Functional. Its Actually Not Even Ram Air, Its More Like A Snorkle System.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

I've got a race lined up against an 03 Mach 1. His mods are Bassani headers, x-pipe, catback, ported TB & intake, cold air, custom computer tune, and some suspension work. I stomped his 04 GT and he ran out and bought this car a week later. I'm kinda of scared that he might take me this time around. The race isn't happening till August 15, so I should have my headers on by then. Rest of mods are in sig. I'll let you know how things turn out.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mustgofasster
Imo, The Mach One Is Slow As Hell Just Like The Gt! The Ram Air They Have Is Barely Functional. Its Actually Not Even Ram Air, Its More Like A Snorkle System.
A) stock for stock it is a drivers race
B) the mach 1 ram air is 100% effective
C) quit capitalising the first letter of every ******* word.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
ive been dying to race a mach one a kid up the street has a black one that has an x pipe and cat back and i dont knw what else i was wondering who would win between the two, both are manuals i knw it will probably be close but just wondering what you guys thought has anyone raced one? i have a clear mti lid torque arm panrod arm strut bar nitto 555rs?
thanks
From a dig you may have an advantage because of the nittos, also the ls1 pulls harder on top end. They are a handful at lower speeds because of their stronger gears. I'd say run him from a dig and make sure it goes a full 1/4, should be a damn good race.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mustgofasster
The Ram Air They Have Is Barely Functional. Its Actually Not Even Ram Air,
ya thats a retard comment, its like a ****** blower, idk how well it works, im bassiclly talking out of my ***, but considering its attached to the actual superchager, id say its pretty fuctional

EDIT: oh ya, it would be a close race with out the headers, giving the edge to the mach 1, but with them, its a drivers race
Old 07-27-2005, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greatskiiiier
ya thats a retard comment, its like a ****** blower, idk how well it works, im bassiclly talking out of my ***, but considering its attached to the actual superchager, id say its pretty fuctional

EDIT: oh ya, it would be a close race with out the headers, giving the edge to the mach 1, but with them, its a drivers race
Mach 1 arnt supercharged, the ram air is completely fuctional i assure you. With LTs against a stock mach 1 its going to go in your favour unless you fubar your shifting.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
thanks
you will hand him his *** on a silver platter as long as you do not miss a gear, blow a tire, he uses nitrous, etc.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KCamaro
A) stock for stock it is a drivers race
B) the mach 1 ram air is 100% effective
C) quit capitalising the first letter of every ******* word.
it is a bad driver's race; what i mean is the only way the ls1 will loose is if it has a bad driver, they are not equal cars by any means no matter what anyone says i will always fight that statement
Old 07-27-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where's dano Mach03?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
it is a bad driver's race; what i mean is the only way the ls1 will loose is if it has a bad driver, they are not equal cars by any means no matter what anyone says i will always fight that statement
Drivers race implies that the driver has a very large impact on the outcome of the race. Dosnt really mean its a dead even race, just says that with the driver factor it could go either way. E.g. a crap driver vs an average driver the mach 1 edges, a crap driver vs a bad *** the mach 1 wins, bad *** vs bad *** ls1 wins.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

I know a guy with basically the same setup, stick mach 1, x-pipe, headers and intake. I was right on his back bumper when we finished so he one, but i do have an A4 so there should be some room left if you have a stick. By the way i did this on shitty 235s.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Mach 1's are far from being slow, any slightly modded 4v is going to give you trouble, My 98 cobra engine w/ long tubes and o/r X runs 12.8's
Old 07-28-2005, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

they do give you trouble, but on the street it seems their advantage is slightly diminished.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:35 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Where's dano Mach03?
I'm here watching all of the B.S. some of the people here are talking.. But if LightEmUpLS1 wants to run a Mach1 real bad, I see that he is in my area and I would be more then willing to run him anytime he wants.. Don't let all of my mods scare you... I don't make too much power to the rear wheels.. You probably make more rwhp then I do with all of my mods..

Last edited by dan03mach; 07-28-2005 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:36 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
you will hand him his *** on a silver platter as long as you do not miss a gear, blow a tire, he uses nitrous, etc.
There you go again running your mouth like you do in everyother Thead about a Mach1... Damn I wish you were in my area so I could spank the **** out of your car so you would get a clue and stop talking out your ***...
Old 07-28-2005, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Dano,

Machs still don't get any respect huh?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

My tenants friend has a supposedly Bone stock Mach1 and the last time I talked to him he said they were out in it and beat up on a Saleen with a Vortech S/C and a Z06, and I am pretty sure these were roll races too. He has always talked about how fast it is. At that point I said I'll race, so we are supposed to race some time. The car has been at the house a few times and it does sound bone stock. No way they would beat a Z06 and unlikely they would beat a S/C GT. Also, my tenant weigh's like 240...so those races were with an additional 240lbs in the car too. I'm tired of hearing how fast these things supposedly are I will find out for sure.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:35 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Hey Dano,

Machs still don't get any respect huh?
The one I drive does... You should just see the eyes on peoples face when I beat them in their Cammed LS1... Its funny as hell.. Then they ask me if I'm spraying, and I say nope, the motor is bone stock with just full exhaust and gears... Thats when they call B.S. and I show them whats under the hood, then there jaw drops.. They don't need to know about all the other little things I got done since the other mods don't give me any hp, they just help me out at the track by making the car stronger so I won't break to much..
Old 07-28-2005, 08:38 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
I'm tired of hearing how fast these things supposedly are I will find out for sure.
So you are going to race a stock Mach1 with all of the mods you have done to your car.. I doubt that it will win but if it hangs with you and you don't pull away from it easy then you got to give him some props because your car is far from stock..